• I won't grow up!

Going over the New Year

Well I begining to super plan my trip for me and my husband, and they only time we could both get off work is around new Years - the 30th through the 6th to be exact.
    My husband has never been so I want it to be great but I have a few questions, and thought best to leave it to the masters to anser..

So, Is this a good time to go - asking around I am getting mixed reveiws on how crouded it is, some even say there is absolutly no entertainment around that time...

So what is the deal exactly - do you give this time a thumbs up down, or a shaky excitment induced panic?

Thanks!

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Going over the New Year

When I was a child, my dad always took my brother and I to DL for New Year's Eve. Now that my daughter is a little older, we've gone for the last several years. I always have a great time, but you need to know: It will be ridiculously crowded. If you or anybody in your family has issues with large crowds of people, I suggest another plan. It can get pretty crazy, just the sheer volume of people all in the same place at the same time. But, if you go into it expecting the crowd situation to be out of control, I think you will have a really wonderful time.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Red
    Well I begining to super plan my trip for me and my husband, and they only time we could both get off work is around new Years - the 30th through the 6th to be exact.
    My husband has never been so I want it to be great but I have a few questions, and thought best to leave it to the masters to anser..

So, Is this a good time to go - asking around I am getting mixed reveiws on how crouded it is, some even say there is absolutly no entertainment around that time...

So what is the deal exactly - do you give this time a thumbs up down, or a shaky excitment induced panic?

Thanks!
    The 30th - 1st will be swamped. Especially since the RoseBowl won't be played on the 1st. All the players and family will be at the park on NYE. We go every year for NYE. There will be a lot of entertainment and it will be fun, but the crowds will be unbelievable. (Expect capacity crowds.) That said, last year was a very light year, possibly because of rain. Expect rain. From the 2 or 3rd, crowds will lighten a LOT, but Haunted Mansion and Its a Small WOrld will go down for removal of the overlay. I'll wave, we will be there Dec 24-Jan2.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• insufferable know-it-all

Wall to wall people, but fun!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I won't grow up!

Thanks guys I am kind of expecting the over croud of people for the first few days so I planned it for the week following too..

We are going for 5 days - so here is to hopng we can do everything!!

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession