Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Back to the Future...Tomorrowland Station

Hey everybody! I was just reading one of the threads on Tomorrowland, and someone came up with an idea that sounded interesting. Now, I'm not a fan of changing something that Walt created personally, but wouldn't it be nice to have the Tomorrowland Station actually be themed?

To more appropriately fit into the theming of the area, an enclosed futuristic station would play the role of some trip through time almost. On a grand circle tour, the guests experience the Grand Canyon, the Primeval World, turn-of-the-century U.S.A., some form of present-day (or relatively current) New Orleans, the back-country of ole' frontierland, and the wacky Toon Town (I'm not sure where this fits in the time spectrum). This would add a certain theming to the TL station that offers a different perspective of the "Grand Circle Tour" that we know and love today.

What do you all think about this? What would you change about this idea or do you have any other ideas?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Back to the Future...Tomorrowland Station

I love the idea. Little, well-themed sections is what separates Disneyland from the rest of the pack.

• Closed Account

The signage out in front of the station does (or at least did) suggest it's a type of time machine to the Primeval World.

BTW, NOS is themed to New Orleans as it was in the 1860s. I guess this just goes to show how badly theme has slipped in some parts of the Park.

• It's all nonsense

Good idea, but it'd be hard to pinpoint exactly how to redesign it. Just for the fact that you'd have this crazy futuristic station but you're boarding a turn of the century train and then viewing 40 year old dioramas.

I personally think the station is fine. It's metal, has modern lighting, and has lots of circles in its design....what more would you need?

• Closed Account

It's true that there really isn't a whole lot that the station needs. It's one of the least-visited in the Park, and doesn't need to be anything more than a waiting shed--which it is.

It's Googie architecure is signficant, however, being some of the last such architecture in the Park. The design is the same that was used with the short-lived Viewliner (in fact, many people mistakenly believe it to actualy be the Viewliner station).

I guess what I'm saying is that the station does what it needs to do, and does it well. Certainly there are more important things needing money to be spent concerning the railroad.

• Banned User

I believe I came up with the idea, hehe.

- stands up and takes a bow -

I envisioned it a glass covered dome with various futuristic destinations touted as "Coming Soon" and the tunnel to the Dioramas given a new facade to look like a Time Tunnel. It would work with my idea for how I want TL to look like in the long run.

• Golden State of Mind

bummer i was expecting something with MJ Fox
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Yeah...I'm cool

The problem with "Tomorrowland" is that the future is different for many different age groups, and what those styles represent. I've always liked Tomorrowland's sutble station, you could see everything going on, but the area you were in was very calm, relaxing you into the 1800 version of "futuristic" transportation.

And master G is shorter than MJF.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

• Sock Puppet

Thanks Stichon...i was trying to find the original post. It was a good idea, so I thought I would start this thread to see what others thought besides you and me.

I was thinking about it one day while I was driving...it hit me like a train!

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    It's true that there really isn't a whole lot that the station needs. It's one of the least-visited in the Park, and doesn't need to be anything more than a waiting shed--which it is.
    I'd use that station a lot more if my asthma lungs didn't have to walk through the smoking section to get to it. Seriously.

And I've always thought that station is lacking. Give it, at least, a LITTLE more theming. Yeah?
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    And I've always thought that station is lacking. Give it, at least, a LITTLE more theming. Yeah?
    But what would be added?

See the problem is that in every other land that the train stops at, you can easily imagine a train station existing in that particular theme...even Toontown. In TL this isn't exactly the case. Do people use train stations in the future? They are seldom used today. IMO a steam train station in TL is somewhat contradictory, unless you view it as some sort of time portal. Which is what I think imagineers tried to do with it as it's the only station that has that rotating poster thing showcasing the other lands.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

It's Googie architecure is signficant, however, being some of the last such architecture in the Park. The design is the same that was used with the short-lived Viewliner (in fact, many people mistakenly believe it to actualy be the Viewliner station).

I guess what I'm saying is that the station does what it needs to do, and does it well. Certainly there are more important things needing money to be spent concerning the railroad.

It's the least visited in the park because nobody knows it's even there. It's seriously covered up by so much clutter and it being a tiny shed doesn't help matters.

Or we can argue that in Tomorrowland, it seems easy to get to the other lands without any major obstacles so taking the train never comes to mind.

But I think mostly that nobody realizes it's tucked away back there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    But I think mostly that nobody realizes it's tucked away back there.
    And that's why they need to remodel it. People would know it's there if it's a big glass dome with a Train Station sign poking out of the pavement like spires for Space Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    bummer i was expecting something with MJ Fox

I do have the Disneyland 40th TV special where the train did go back in time, but with out MJ Fox. I would post it on You tube but they are going to take it down if I do that.

• Comin' at ya!

sounds like a pretty cool idea...It would be nice to see some more theming like that.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast