• Proud Narnian

Traveling between Narnia, Camelot, and The Midlands

Talking FF Mini-Trip Report 2-18-08

This is just a samll little TR this time. Since I was camera-less this time around. As luck would have it, my mother totally missplaced her new camera and aseeing as how my camera still needs to be fixed and my camera on my phone sucks, this is gonna be one short TR . . .

Anyways, this was to be my first MiceChat meet. Since I had to work till noon, when the meet was to be held, I was a bit late. Luckily, David gave me his cell number via PM and said to just call him whenever I arrived.

And I did. But I was starving. No breakfast can leave a person hungry by 1:30. So, I called up David. He said no prob and we'd meet as soon as they got off ToT. Which, I'm glad that was the ride that I missed. I've only been on it once, and that was it for me. Hey, for a person terrified of heights, be lucky I went on it that one time.

We finally met under the bridge at DCA. Not only did I meet David, but Spencer and Lindsey (?). Forgive me for forgeting your name. I am horrible with names.

Keep in mind thast this was my first MiceChat meeting. So, I was still a little nervous and shy. But I sorta got braver and dived into the conversations, without seeming like I was interupting anyone.

Let's see, we headed to the Tiki Room first on our way to Indy. We got our FP for Indy and went over to Big Thunder. Then we headed to Fantasyland where we went on Snow White and Mr. Toad.

And more importantly: Alice. That was the one ride I have not been on yet, due to the ride is always broken down or the line is just plain too long when I visit the park. But, I love that ride now and I'm gonna drag my mother and our friend Tina on it when we go next month for Tina's b-day.

After Alice we went on Pooh, HM (which I hadn't been on while it was back to normal in since before the summer), the Mark Twain, and Star Tours.

Now, around the time where we went in to see the Tiki Room, I started to get a headache. It was only a minor one, so, I took some asprin I had in my purse for emergancies and shook it off.

Or at least I thought it was a minor one. By the time we got off of the Mark Twain, the headache got worse. I felt like my head was about to explode and my neck had began to get really sore. Regretfully, I had to leave early. The pain just would not stop. No matter how hard I tried to ignore it.

Aside from the killer headache that resulted in my minor headcold I've got now, I had a great time. And overall, it was a nice way to start for a newbie like me. Hopefully now I can handle the larger meets (and Chad )

Pending on how I feel this weekend, I'm gonna attend this Sundays meet and hopefully meet even more people.

And that's the end of my Mini-TR . . .

• Bucket List Car

Re: FF Mini-Trip Report 2-18-08

Thank you for sharing your TR. I cannot wait for my first meet; but it will be a while since I am so far away.

Boy, Chad sure has developed a rep!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Glad it worked out for you FFG. Pretty soon you'll be as comfortable as can be. I'm glad I was able to make your TR without being there.

Chad

• Minion

It seems someone has practiced the art of the pictureless TR more than I have. I bow to you. I wish I could have been there on Monday though. I already hit three trips up to that area for the week and shouldn't push a fourth one, it's half a tank each trip. Hope to see you at another meet!

• Proud Narnian

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post

It seems someone has practiced the art of the pictureless TR more than I have. I bow to you. I wish I could have been there on Monday though. I already hit three trips up to that area for the week and shouldn't push a fourth one, it's half a tank each trip. Hope to see you at another meet!
    I normally do have pictures. But that doesn't stop me from typing up a TR anyways.

Will you be coming to this Sundays meet. I may be carpooling with David, pending on my health (still blowing my noes ever ten minutes), of course.

• Proud Narnian

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Glad it worked out for you FFG. Pretty soon you'll be as comfortable as can be. I'm glad I was able to make your TR without being there.

Chad
    Only because they were insisting that if I can handle Spencer I can pretty much handle you at the meets.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFangirl View Post
    Only because they were insisting that if I can handle Spencer I can pretty much handle you at the meets.
    Spencer is a different kind of annoying. But I do agree with that statement.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFangirl View Post
    I normally do have pictures. But that doesn't stop me from typing up a TR anyways.

Will you be coming to this Sundays meet. I may be carpooling with David, pending on my health (still blowing my noes ever ten minutes), of course.
    Great trip report! And I always do pictureless reports too -- welcome to the club!

I hope you feel better. I'll be there this Sunday but I plan on staying only for lunch and probably leaving shortly thereafter. If you still need a ride I am more than happy but I won't be able to stay very long.

It was great meeting you!