• Senior Minion

Question Disneyland faucet handles

I was talking to a one of my director's who knows that I enjoy Disney related stuff. He was telling me of different items he has collected throughout the years, but the one that caught my attention was a Mickey Mouse head faucet handle.

It seems that when the park opened they had these all over the park and people would take them, and due to the rampant theft of this particular item they ended up taking them out and replacing them with regular faucet handles.

He will show me a picture of it tomorrow, but I was wondering if anybody knew about this or has a picture handy themselves.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Disneyland faucet handles

SINK faucet handles, in the restrooms? Or outside hose bib faucet handles? I am really curious about this--interesting, Liz. I suppose ANY Disneyland faucet handle would be a rare item today, huh?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    SINK faucet handles, in the restrooms? Or outside hose bib faucet handles? I am really curious about this--interesting, Liz. I suppose ANY Disneyland faucet handle would be a rare item today, huh?
    Certainly any Disneyland faucet handle would be rare, but according to him these were on the faucets in the restrooms and people would take them. It's a weird thing to take, in my opinion, then again I've read of people taking (and leaving) odd stuff in the park.

•   
    • Super Hero

Slightly related, but sufficiently off-topic to meet MiceChat standards:

Why do the restroom faucets in DCA SPRAY WATER EVERYWHERE? You try to wash your hands and end up taking a mini-shower. Water gets all over the sinks. **grump grump**

One day I'm just going to bring in my pink do-it-herself toolkit and rip those aerator/spray screen thingees out of every faucet in every women's bathroom.

Boys, you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post

Why do the restroom faucets in DCA SPRAY WATER EVERYWHERE? You try to wash your hands and end up taking a mini-shower. Water gets all over the sinks. **grump grump**

One day I'm just going to bring in my pink do-it-herself toolkit and rip those aerator/spray screen thingees out of every faucet in every women's bathroom.

That's part of its functionality. In the summer, it helps cool down hot guests. In the winter, it forces guests to leave the restrooms sooner so that other dry guests may experience the same wonderful surprise. Disney thinks of everything!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post

well can I use your toolkit?

I need start carry my small channel lock
    I hear the story about the Mickey faucets handles
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip