Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Smile Early Entry and Mickey's Toontown Madness

HI. I just got my tickets and itenerary for my Disneyland trip for later this month. We are staying at the DL hotel. We have 6 day hopper passes and it states on a separate piece of paper that we are entitled to early entry to Fantasyland. Does anyone know how this works and what attractions are open? Also, there are vouchers for Mickey's Toontwon Madness...which states we get into Toontown on one morning an hour early? Any info on that would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Early Entry and Mickey's Toontown Madness

Early Entry is offered 4 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays.

The best thing to do is to go to the Main Entry Plaza about 15-20 minutes early. There is a gate marked "Early Entry", just get in line. Once you are let into the park (one hour prior to official opening, currently 7 AM), Fantasyland (most attractions), and Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear are open. I would focus on the long line rides, such as Peter Pan and Dumbo....

Toontown Madness is also offered the same four days, and starts at Official Park Opening (Toontown does not normally open until one hour after park opening). To maximize your benefits, do this on a different day than Early Entry. It is a fun time, with lots of characters out.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer

The best thing to do is to go to the Main Entry Plaza about 15-20 minutes early. There is a gate marked "Early Entry", just get in line. Once you are let into the park (one hour prior to official opening, currently 7 AM), Fantasyland (most attractions), and Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear are open. I would focus on the long line rides, such as Peter Pan and Dumbo....

Toontown Madness is also offered the same four days, and starts at Official Park Opening (Toontown does not normally open until one hour after park opening). To maximize your benefits, do this on a different day than Early Entry. It is a fun time, with lots of characters out.

THANKS!!

• Minion

Can I go to early entry on more than 1 day? Or is it limited to just one day?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Since you are staying at a Disney owned hotel, you can go as many times as you want to, check at the front desk for the info....

• Minion

Since you are staying at a Disney owned hotel, you can go as many times as you want to, check at the front desk for the info....

Thanks again!

• Senior Minion

Toontown Madness is cute. They parade a bunch of characters up to Town Hall, and do a short skit, and then pass out some buttons that proclaim you an honorary member of Toon Town. They then stick around for a while to do meet and greet.

If you've got kids, or just like pictures with the characters, it's an excellent opportunity, as the ratio of guests to characters is pretty low--the last time I was there for it, there were maybe 50 people there.

The only disadvantage to early entry is that none of the restaurants will be open--so either eat before you go, or go early, ride all the Fantasyland rides, and then work your way back to the Carnation Cafe (hey! that rhymes) or somewhere else for breakfast.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    Toontown Madness is cute. They parade a bunch of characters up to Town Hall, and do a short skit, and then pass out some buttons that proclaim you an honorary member of Toon Town. They then stick around for a while to do meet and greet.

If you've got kids, or just like pictures with the characters, it's an excellent opportunity, as the ratio of guests to characters is pretty low--the last time I was there for it, there were maybe 50 people there.

The only disadvantage to early entry is that none of the restaurants will be open--so either eat before you go, or go early, ride all the Fantasyland rides, and then work your way back to the Carnation Cafe (hey! that rhymes) or somewhere else for breakfast.
    Thanks...good idea!

• Puppy Cuddles

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to get early entry besides staying in the hotel. I've heard about the Toontown madness and I'd love to experience it, but there's not a lot of hope for me scraping up the cash for a DLH stay.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Early Entry is easy to get, just buy a 3 day or more advance purchase ParkHopper, you save money, and get the extra perks.... You can get them at Disneyland.com, and most travel agents, and even from the Good Neighbor Hotels, and with the SoCal CityPass package. You also get a free ESPN Zone game card with most of these ParkHoppers... If you want to get an AP, the best thing to do is get the ParkHopper, and then upgrade on the last day of your original visit.

Toontown Madness requires you to purchase a hotel package thru either AAA Travel or Walt Disney Travel Company. But you do not have to stay at a Disney owned hotel, a stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel also works.

• CM for 4 years!

If you have an AP but you're staying at a Disney Hotel, can you get early entry?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    If you have an AP but you're staying at a Disney Hotel, can you get early entry?
    The policy has been changed in the last few weeks, and now any DLR hotel guest can enter the park, contact the Front desk for details. (I don't want to explain the procedure online due to the fact some folks might abuse the program.)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    Can I go to early entry on more than 1 day? Or is it limited to just one day?
    early entry is ONE day. you select which day. you may choose monday, tuesday, thursday or saturday.

beginning with a three day park hopper purchased through WDTC or AAA you will see on the reverse side of the park hopper the words 'ONE EARLY ENTRY', just above the signature line.

your ESPN Arena Game card is also noted on the reverse side of the park hopper on the top left.

the early entry to Toontown for Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness is issued on a voucher that you surrender to the CM at the Toontown gate for early entry.

have a great time!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^That is true for those who have a specially marked ParkHopper, but now those folks staying at any of the three Disney owned hotels can get Early Entry for their entire stay. They get a special pass from the front desk of their hotel, so if they are staying 5 nights, that guest could go to 3 or so Early Entry mornings.

• That Guy

So... just for those of us in the back of the class..

You can buy your tickets through DLR, or where ever and get the early entry? Where is the best deal on tickets? Also, I want to upgrade to a PAP, so if a five day hopper is $160, I pay the difference $320 - 160, right? What if I get a better deal on the tickets? What if the 5 day SHOULD be 180, but I get them for 150, is the price on the tickets?, or would I pay the difference between 180 and 320? thx!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast