Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Questions for Crush

I love Turtle Talk with Crush, but even though the show is completely interactive, the encounters tend to be very similar, including the questions I've heard people ask him.

Can anyone tell me some unusual, or particular interactions you've had with Crush?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Questions for Crush

He called me out when I was debating if I wanted to put my hand up. And was like "aw I know the old stretching technique..." And went to a kid.

• Sea Creature

My friend asked "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?" Crush got that bewildered look on his face and said "well in that I don't know what at tootsie roll pop is, I'm going to say 43."

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

OH MY GOD I HAVE THE BEST ONE.

Boy solo and I are trying to remember the EXACT conversation... something like this:

A boy (no more than 5 years old) asked Crush "Do you know Finding Nemo Star Wars?" and Crush looked straight on for a second and the audience was laughing so hard. The boy was just obviously very excited and didn't know how to process his thoughts. Then Crush asked him what a "Star Wars" was. The little boy said something like "It has the bad guy, Darth Vader..." and then it was quiet and Crush asked him what a "Darth Vader" was and the kid replied very quickly, "he's the dark side!", in which Crush replied "That's not good".

I couldn't see but I guess the kid either took the microphone or the host gave it to him again and he blurted out "Where do you go to the bathroom?!" SO PRICELESS. Crush stared out awkwardly again and asked the kid if he swimmed in the ocean, because then he'd rather not know. Haha.

Also that same time a kid asked what his kid's names were and he mentioned lots of 90's sitcom kids, including the Full House gang, Ninja Turtles, and the Saved by the Bell crew.

I love Turtle Talk, so funny. I must catch the good ones.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

I've never asked him anything myself, but little kids always seem to ask the same questions like "how old are you?" and "how many kids do you have?", mainly the questions that are asked in the movie.

• ...TWO BITS!

*Funny, but sad at the same time. It's my friend's story:

So Crush is doing his thing with the kids. Then a lady in a scooter was backing up, and you know it makes that beeping sound when you go reverse, Crush hears it and asked if there was a truck backing up or something...

*Not sure if this happened before:

Crush wanted to sing his favorite song. So he goes up to the mic, music starts, and the lyrics were "dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, dude..."

*At the end of my 1st experience with Crush, a big whale comes in and squishes him to the glass... I haven't seen this done before again.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I work there so i've seen some good one's, my best advice would be to ask a question that's not too out there like what's your favorite tv show(he a turtle he doesn't have a tv let alone electricity) but not too easy as what's your favorite color.Also he doesn't have a favorite ride either, quit asking!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    ...Also he doesn't have a favorite ride either, quit asking!
    East Australian Current, dude!
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• "I Break Things"

Best one I've heard was from a little boy "Does whale poop smell?"
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

On a recent trip he was asked to name all his kids. He actually went through about 30 names, some of the names of his kids were from bands so it was funny to hear him try to name all his kids. Then he ended it by saying that the rest were named Crush, Jr.

Another question was "What eats you?". Made everyone laugh when Crush said ... "Do you know something I don't know?"

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Another question was "What eats you?". Made everyone laugh when Crush said ... "Do you know something I don't know?"
    Hahahaha! That's great.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    East Australian Current, dude!
    At dca at least it's the east anaheim current some of the odder questions i've heard have come from private partys.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

my favorite was our first time...someone's phone started to ring and Crush told them..
    "dude, you should answer that shell phone."
    "tell em you're talking to a turtle!"

It was SO cute.

ive only seen the show once myself, but in that show the attendant brought the mike over to one of the kids who was wearing a bright red shirt with crush's picture on it

the kid got a little flustered when told to ask crush a question so he just said "um...um...um....thats you" and he points to his shirt

crush stares at him for a few moments and then nods and says "uh-huh. and thats you!" and points his fin at the boy

the boy had this big smile on his face after crush said that...sooo cute
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Space Fanatic

I always want to ask "Boxers or briefs" but I never get picked to ask a question.

On another note, I once experienced a rather...awkward...and utterly cringe-worthy and sad moment. One little boy asked Crush how many kids he had (a pretty standard question). Crush then asked the boy how many people were in his family. The boy responded with his mom, dad, and brother...and that there used to be another baby but he died. Needless to say it was an extremely uncomfortable moment. The audience let out a soft, collective "aw" but I was thinking "oh god..." Crush handled it well, though, and explained that sometimes that happens, then went into his standard description of turtle eggs and how not all of them survive. Luckily he got away from it quickly but there was still an air of awkwardness.

On the lighter side, during that same presentation, another kid asked Crush what his favorite song was. I don't remember his answer, but when Crush reciprocated the question, this 8 or 9 year old boy said "Smack That." I was just a little appalled...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast