Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Missing an Angel

Remember fireworks: How would you top them?

Hi everyone.

I just saw the fireworks about a week ago and all I can say is WOW! I cannot think of another way of pulling this show off without it getting any better.

But I was thinking of you folks. Some of you seem to have many ideas of what you would do in the resort.

So heres my question. If you were to redo the fireworks show, what would your ideas be?

• Progressive Disneylander

Re: Remember fireworks: How would you top them?

I wouldn't touch them. It's one of the things they have soooo right. Why mess with it?

O geez. Can remember be topped?

IMO its removal would be similar classic attraction's in the Pressler era.

When it is removed there will be much sadness and I'm willing to bet its replacement will be met with scoffs and mockery by the community.

On that note: lets hope remember doesn't go anywhere anytime soon.

I suppose they could always keep the shows main theme while mixing in new segments though.

Kind of like an evolving fireworks show.

whenever they get rid of this fireworks show the "replacement" will face such harsh critics.. kinda how light magic (or light tragic, whatever.. lol) was constantly compared to the MSEP. thus it failed. (there were other reasons it failed, but i don't need to go into those..)

hopefully its successor does well..

• Fancy that...

I would NEVER replace them! But I guess there are a few things that can improve..The beggining with all the corny "wishes" crap can go in favor of something a bit less annoying Other than that there's not much that can happen to improve this show, it's pretty much perfect. one question.. is the same guy who did these fireworks working on the World of Color show in DCA? If so, I would be very, very happy

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    is the same guy who did these fireworks working on the World of Color show in DCA? If so, I would be very, very happy
    From what I have read, yes. Steve (I cant think of his last name right now) is working on the new show for DCA.

• Minion

This is the best and most emotionally resonating fireworks show I have ever seen. It is the perfect tribute to "The Happiest Place on Earth." Illuminations at Epcot (as good as it was) was nothing after seeing Remember.

• Golden State of Mind

with a big picture of me up in the sky
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I would NEVER replace them! But I guess there are a few things that can improve..The beggining with all the corny "wishes" crap can go in favor of something a bit less annoying Other than that there's not much that can happen to improve this show, it's pretty much perfect. one question.. is the same guy who did these fireworks working on the World of Color show in DCA? If so, I would be very, very happy
    Don't go see Wishes at the Magic Kingdom.

I do think that there is a certain staying power to Remember... Dreams Come True.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I think the whole "WISHES!!!!" thing could be re-done. I've thought about swapping it out with a re-worked version of "A dream is a wish your heart makes". It has "dreams" in it (but in a good way, this time ) and incorporates wishing, so keeping the same feeling to the fireworks, in that regard. But most importantly, it wouldn't be corny like "WISHES!!!!" is. Although I do love over-acting to "WISHES!!!!" with my friends. We all crack up so bad!

But, I think it'll be really hard to top Remember. I would love to see a fireworks show themed to Sleeping Beauty, though (the movie as a whole, not just the princess). You know, cause we have the whole Sleeping Beauty Castle thing going on, it just might work.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    But, I think it'll be really hard to top Remember. I would love to see a fireworks show themed to Sleeping Beauty, though (the movie as a whole, not just the princess). You know, cause we have the whole Sleeping Beauty Castle thing going on, it just might work.
    Eh,

Theatrically this might be too close to fantasmic's climax.

I absolutely love the firework show. Its one of those things that you just know that Walt would have been proud of. Every time I see it I just want to cry. Its one of the best firework shows ever. I love the part where they showcase all their rides in the show.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    with a big picture of me up in the sky
    Followed by a mass outbreak of Code-V's

• Bring Your Own Redemption

As much I like the show, sooner or later, it'll have to be replaced.

Can it be topped? Of course it can. It seems that Disney went all out with Remember... Dreams Come True. They needed to in order to replace Believe... There's Magic in the Stars, which is second best behind Remember in my opinion.

They should design its replacement to run during windy weather. I hate cancellations. Also, you can never have a big enough finale...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by 與W View Post
    As much I like the show, sooner or later, it'll have to be replaced.

Can it be topped? Of course it can. It seems that Disney went all out with Remember... Dreams Come True. They needed to in order to replace Believe... There's Magic in the Stars, which is second best behind Remember in my opinion.

They should design its replacement to run during windy weather. I hate cancellations. Also, you can never have a big enough finale...
    i'd think that's impossible- not the "topping remember" thing but designing against the weather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast