Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lost in Wonderland

Tons of Pictures of my Trip Report 02/20 - 02/22

After an 7+ hour drive from Tucson, AZ to Anaheim, CA my fiance and I made it to Disneyland! Despite several obstacles trying to ruin our vacation (ticket problems, horrible hotel) we had a blast in the park and enjoyed hardly any line waits. (I love the off-season and when it rains in the morning and scares all the SoCal residents away!)

Before I go photo-crazy, I just want to let my fellow Mice Chatters know to NOT stay at the Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate on Disney Way. It's a dump. Our carpet was stained and so dirty it turned our socks black. We had no hot water for 5 hours on the first night, our toilet broke, there was serious water damage on the ceiling, stained mattresses, and I could go on and on about the room and what a cesspool it was. But even worse was the manager who yelled at me for having a dog (when its DOG friendly) and locked me out of my room. Also the day we were leaving the maid kept knocking on my door (starting at 10am) and kept asking when we were leaving so she could clean-- but check out wasn't even until 12pm. Next time I am finding a pet sitter and staying at Howard Johnsons. Motel 6 even lied about how close they were to the park, they claimed 0.9 miles and its in actuality about 1.5 or 2.0.

Anyways on with the pictures and video, right? Warning, photos are pretty large due to I am proud of my new digital camera and it took awesome pictures. I want to share them with you guys!

THE PHOTOS:

This above photo was my favorite picture I took. I just love it!

I want someone to mini-mize me so I can live in mini-Toad Hall.

I know it looks like moose butt, but behind the moose I saw my first Disneyland feline! We actually saw two while we were on the Mark Twain but the other orange one ran away before I could take a picture. I was so proud of myself for catching this one on camera, lol.

What was leftover of my jumbalaya when we ate at Blue Bayou. My the prices have gotten expensive since I went there in 2006. Still though we got to sit waterside and only waited 10 mins extra for that! Even though at lunch the prices ranged from $21-30. Wonderful service though, we were happy.

We hardly had any wait times in the three days we went. Even this past Friday, the longest wait was Nemo at about an hour. We were smart and rode it during the last Parade of Dreams. The CM said it was only 1/2 hour, but it was double that. It was cute!

We practically walked on Matterhorn, Thunder, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Splash, the Train, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Muppets, Tough to be a Bug, Monsters Maliboomer and Buzz. And had a 20 min wait on Space, Roger Rabbit, Screamin, Soarin, and Indy.

I got to ride the new POTC with Cpt. Jack and Cpt. Barbosa. I liked the smoke screen of Davy Jones, but I thought with all the Cpt. Jack references it was overkill. Although the last scene of Jack was way cute when he was singing along.

I was disappointed that this trip around I still didn't get to see the fireworks. In Feb 2006 we went and Remeber Dreams Come True was canceled due to rain. This Friday it was drizzling in the morning, but come afternoon all the rain was gone. They still canceled the fireworks due to winds, even though I couldn't feel any wind at all.

I was also very disappointed that I never ONCE saw a Dream Squad. I thought that the reason I didn't see one Wed and Thurs was because since it was off-season they only came out on the weekends. Didn't see anyone on Friday. We also had very little characters throughout the parks, which I understand since it is off season. But when I went 2 years ago during the same time we saw 10x more characters. Maybe because it was the 50th.

I met a really awesome CM at Indiana Jones named Ashleigh. She gave one of the guys in our party a fastpass since it was his first time in the park (and his first ride was Indy). Other than that I came across the rudest CM who was taking tickets at the gate, and when we had a ticket mix up his manager who made me wait 20 minutes, wasn't any nicer.

Also before I left I read what rides would be down. It only advertised Jungle Cruise, I had no idea IASW would be down as well. Not a huge loss, but still.

VIDEO:

Here is a video I shot of Snow White's Grotto. This was taken on Friday afternoon, and as you can see there is no one around! It was just my fiance and me visiting the well.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=29079600

Well I had a wonderful time and wish it hadn't flown by! I'll have to wait another year or two before we can afford to go back, but maybe...just maybe next time I can see the fireworks!

Lastly here are some pictures of me so next time you guys see me in the park say hi.

I have both the Cheshire Cat and the White Rabbit tattooed on my back. I'm a huge Alice fan in case some of you didn't know.

Here's me hoping Club 33 would let a poor Disneyland fanatic in.
    Last edited by adormouse; 02-25-2008 at 02:16 PM.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Talking Re: Tons of Pictures of my Trip Report 02/20 - 02/22

Beautiful! Thank you for shearing. Nothing like Disneyland pictures to help you smile throughout the day!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Tons of Pictures of my Trip Report 02/20 - 02/22

Thanks for the heads up on the Motel 6. I've stayed in lots of them other places and have never had any problems, but I'll be sure to avoid that one.

And great pictures!! Looks like it was pretty much a perfect day to be at the park! Thanks for sharing!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If seeing the fireworks is that important to you, you may want to consider taking your next trip during the summer.

It is very common for the fireworks to be cancelled during the winter months due to winds. Even if at ground level it appears calm it can be quite windy even only 100 feet up.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great pix! The new Digital camera works very well.

love the picutres!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Nice pics! Very nice shots
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures. I am sorry to hear about your Motel 6 experience but if you get the chance to give details and if you have any photos it would be great if you shared them in the SO Cal Travel section to save some unsuspected the MC your experience.

http://micechat.com/forums/forumdisp...views-260.html

• Mouse lovin mama

Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing!

great photos

• =)

You took a flash photo in the Blue Bayou. You are hereby banished from Micechat henceforth and forevermore.

No, seriously, great trip report. Thanks for posting the shots. (Don't take flash photos in dark rides, though. )

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

ohhh thanks 4 the pics!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

You know what's great about boards? Now NONE of us will ever stay at motel 6....mwahahah

Sorry to hear about the downs on your trip but great TR and glad you had a fun time! I agree with you on the POTC thing, I like the original better, its pretty lame to get stuck on the bottom of the load and all you hear is Jack Sparrow...blah blah blah Jack Sparrow every 2 minutes, its SOOOOOOOO annoying =(.

• Disney Starved in AZ

Hey Fellow Southern Arizonian!

Nice pics!
    Thanks VERY much for the tips on the hotel...

I'll pet sit for you anytime! (I used to be a professional house sitter and often times, it came with pets! I have my own pets too!)

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: Tons of Pictures of my Trip Report 02/20 - 02/22

Great piccies! Thanks for sharing!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast