Need some Advice!

Hi everyone!

I'm planning my first trip to Disneyland in April.

I have a few ticket questions for all of you experts.

This trip consists of two adults driving in on a Sunday (5-6 hour drive) and doing the parks on Monday and Tuesday.

I have already purchased 2 - 2 day park hopper tickets via Nellis AFB with a military discount.

Then I realized that because we are going on a Monday and Tuesday, we will be missing the fireworks and Fantasmic.

I just don't know if I can live with this!! I go to WDW several times a year and I love the fireworks, I just don't think I will be able to forgive myself if I don't see them!

I'm thinking it might be worth it to buy tickets for half a day since DL is open until midnight that night.

So, here is what I am thinking, please help me out with all the rules and what-not.

Option 1: I could buy 1 more 2 day park hopper ticket $132 (there are only two of us going), and use the tickets as follows:

Person 1 uses ticket A on day 1
    Person 2 uses ticket B on day 1

Person 1 uses ticket A on day 2
    Person 2 uses ticket C on day 2

Person 1 uses ticket B on day 3
    Person 2 uses ticket C on day 3

Still with me?

Option 2: I can upgrade the tickets at the gate. Will they allow this for tickets that were purchased with a military discount? If so the value on the tickets is $105.50 and by my calculation I would have to pay an additional $63.50/ticket for a total of $127 before taxes. This doesn't seem to make much sense except that we would then get one MM in addition to our extra day.

Option 3: I can skip the extra tickets and try to "experience" the fireworks outside of the park. Are there any good locations to do this? I currently have reservations at Napa Rose at the Chef's counter for 8:30pm on the Sunday night. I could change the reservation to the 6:30pm seating. Is it possible to see the fireworks from the GCH? What about from the restaurant?

In addition to all of this, I have booked Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast on Monday morning at 7:00am (so that we could be at the gate at 8:30am). And I have Blue Bayou booked for 12:30 also on Monday.

So I guess the question at hand is:

Is it worth it to pay an extra $130 for tickets so that we can see the fireworks?

If I do that, I'm guessing I should change to the 6:30 at Napa Rose since I still want to have dinner there. Then we can catch the fireworks. Should we try to catch the fireworks and fantasmic on that night since it is our only night that they are offered?

And if I do this, I'm guessing that we will stay in the park until it closes at midnight, in that case, would we be crazy to try to make it to the 7:00am breakfast at Goofy's?

We are planning to hop back and forth between the parks both days.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions that you all may have!

Thanks

• "I Break Things"

Re: Need some Advice!

Door #2... that's my advice. For some reason the best prizes on game shows are usually behind Door #2. So that is my advice, as to the question... no clue.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Math has never been my strong point so option one is way to much like Algebra and confuses the daylights out of me. I'm not sure if buying one more ticket is a viable option, since technically they are "non-transferable" and can only be used by one person... but then like I said... I'm a bit confused by how you are trying to use the extra ticket.

I would say just upgrade to a Deluxe AP if you thing you might be going at least one other time in the next 12 months. Otherwise there are some places outside of the park that you can see the fireworks. The top of the Mickey and Friends parking structure comes to mind...

What motel are you staying at? Many of the motels around the park have good views of the fireworks from the rooms, if your room is on one of the upper floors and is facing the park.

Thats about all I have to offer.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I think buying another ticket is a good idea.

• Minion

Here is my view. All of your options are good ones. Option one would work, but you should see which is cheaper when you get there. Hopefully option 2 is cheaper so you don't have to go through the hassle of sharing tickets etc. Also I see it that you are already spending X amount of money for the trip, and any experience is worth the extra cost.
    Jeff Wayne

I like the buying a 3rd ticket option too. Something I have never thought of.
    I would have to say that if Fireworks are important to you, I don't get seeing them outside the park. To me, the music is part of the experience. either get the 3rd ticket or just skip the fireworks and live on.

Where are you driving from?

We'll be driving in from Tempe, AZ and might be able to be at the parks by as early as 1-3 depending on how much stopping we do along the way.

We are staying at the Camelot Inn

With DL tickets, they don't use the finger scanners like they do in WDW do they? That's the only problem that I can think of with us buying a 3rd ticket since we would each use it once on different days.

• A Weather Eye Open

i don't know if they'll let you upgrade; i recommend tracking down a number to call about that. otherwise, buying the 3rd ticket is a very clever idea!

definitely do it. i love the fireworks and fantasmic. if you watch fantasmic, you've got a great view and get to hear the music to the fireworks on rivers of america, so you can do both in one night!

and i've never been finger scanned... i didn't eve know they did that elsewhere
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)