Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Neverland for sale?

According to TMZ, unless Michael Jackson ponies up 24 m, Neverland is going to be auctioned off. Does Disneyland/Imagineering need any of those assets? Didn't he have some custom animatronics out there?

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/26/jackos...ocko/#comments

Re: Neverland for sale?

i dont think he does

• FastPass n00b

I like how they actually bothered to add the 61 cents to $24 million...I really do. It's just like a bank to want to squeeze every last penny out of a person before they kick them out on the street. A person has no right to buy a house they can't afford, just like the bank has every right to take a house back on a defaulted loan. I'm all for a bank taking back a home that doesn't belong to someone, it's just silly how they do it.

If they do sell off everything I will be waiting for someone to drive his little train off down the highway. Someone needs to set up a "Help Jacko" fund since he used to write songs back in the 1980's and early 90's to help Africa and kids and stuff.

This truly is sad, he had a lot of talent and he was a legend in the making during his Thriller days. I remember the first interview he did at that house in 1993 with Oprah. He is indeed a very strange person, and every time I feel sorry for him he says or does something incredibly weird or dumb, but there's no denying the man had talent. He flushed it all away after that accusation in 1993.

• ...lurks...

I too feel for him, he had the world in the palm of his hand, now all but gone. Goes to show, be careful...no matter which direction you approach the situation with.

• Golden State of Mind

stay away from little children
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Wow isn't it strange how Michael Jackson was the King of Pop and his life went way downhill and Britney Spears is the Princess of Pop and look where her life is going. Maybe it has something to do with the fact they both did Pop music?

• Roar!

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfan View Post
    Wow isn't it strange how Michael Jackson was the King of Pop and his life went way downhill and Britney Spears is the Princess of Pop and look where her life is going. Maybe it has something to do with the fact they both did Pop music?
    no its just because they're both royalty.

• Banned User

instead of selling neverland, heres a better idea: have him/her/it(whatever mj has become) just walk away from neverland, consider it a loss and the land that neverland sits on: build a facility to house the homeless.

put in the following:
    1) medical facilities
    2) housing
    3) jobs for the homeless going into the facility
    4) churches, schools, etc.

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    instead of selling neverland, heres a better idea: have him/her/it(whatever mj has become) just walk away from neverland, consider it a loss and the land that neverland sits on: build a facility to house the homeless.

put in the following:
    1) medical facilities
    2) housing

Would they hitch train rides around the ranch in open boxcars?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post

put in the following:
    1) medical facilities
    2) housing
    And then I guess we have to relocate the homeless to this hidden fortress. Out of sight, out of mind...swell.

I'm sure someone will snatch up the property for a steal (I almost said for a song, but that seemed ironic) and divide it up for sale to mini-rich folks.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Who would want that property though? It'd always be associated with ickiness. Although maybe someone could buy it and make it like a historical place. His poor kids though...

• Minion

It's prime property in a lovely part of the state. You remove a good chunk of the buildings and curiosities and you're left with a plot that has your new home on it with NO history. Happens all the time.

Anyone want to start MiceChatLand?

• Minion

Blog Entries

I really do feel for him... This is a man who was denied a child hood and became a music icon. As soon as he had the means to he became lost in the child hood fantasies he was never able to have as a child. People have been taking advantadge of him for a while now and that really is sad... He truely does need people around that will help him and not exploit him, as does Brittany spears who is another individual that needs help. Personally I think he should sell the property and get whatever amount he possibly can, pay back the government and then start over. Unfortunately that is going to take a world of strength and he just doesn't have that on his own at this time. He is to far gone from reality.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

It is really sad. It also goes to show you that you have to be very careful of whom you trust. From what I understand, the people who used to handle his money for him did a terrible job of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast