Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chef's Counter at Napa Rose

Hey All!

I've booked reservations at the Chef's counter at Napa Rose to kick off my first ever trip to Disneyland!!

WOOOHOOOO

Anyone care to share their experiences at Napa Rose and or the Chef's Counter?

I'm so excited and would love to hear what you all thought about it!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Chef's Counter at Napa Rose

There's a Chef's Counter? OMG I have to look into this!

There is and it didn't cost anything extra to book it.

From what I understand, there are only 8 seats available and they told me that we could book either the 5:30 or 8:30 seating. I don't know if that was all that was available or if that is standard on any day of the week.

I'm really interested in what it means to be at the Chef's counter. I understand that we will be able to watch the Chefs cooking but is there anything else that we should expect?

Do you recommend getting the:

The Vintner's Table
    A Prix Fixe Chef's Tasting Menu inspired by the fresh flavors of summer in wine country
    Pan-seared Lobster-Scallop Sausage with sauteed heirloom cherry tomatoes and opal in a light "sunburst" tomato broth
    Oak-roasted summer artichoke topped witha tri-colored salad, crispy duck confit and a cherry-goat cheese crostini
    Santa Maria BBQ - Wine-country barbecued certified Angus beef tri-tip with black-eyed pea ragu, and a roasted corn and nameka mushroom salsa
    Summer Peaches in all their Glory! Sweet "Arctic White" peach semi-freddo with roasted honey-crisp peaches and boysenberry granite
    Four Course Vintner's Prix Fixe $75... add a flight of four wines $35
    ****Thanks to:
    http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/men_napa.htm

Or do you think that this is over priced and better to order from the main menu?
    Last edited by MMBunny; 02-27-2008 at 08:07 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, that is actually cheaper than I was expecting. I just called Disney Dining and they told me that sometimes they book further out for the Chef's Counter and gave me the number directly to the restaurant. Although she did caution not to call until after 12:30pom PST so we shall see what comes of that.

I hope you have a great time though and when you do go, please let ME know how it went so I know what to expect!

• Minion

It just depends on how hungry you are and if what they are offering that week appeals to you. I ordered off the normal menu as I am allergic to a lot of things. Friends of mine tried the above menu and liked it (it is different every week). I ended up getting a beet salad, a steak, and then dessert. Not sure how much it was in the end, but prob close to $75.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I don't like peaches, but that whole thing sounds good. They have really good potatoes.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Napa Rose is fabulous. If you like everything on the Vinter's list then get that.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Thanks for all the great replies!!

KnittingKnerd: I love your user name! I'm a knitting nerd too!! I have been known to take my knitting into the parks with me and I knit while I'm waiting in line!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

^^^
    Thanks. I did a trip report with that. Made a washcloth at the parks. I take yarn and sticks with me everywhere.

Their dessert cranberry soup is really good. I just though of that. It comes with I think ginger sugar cookies. Also their dessert sampler is really good.

My wife and I sat at the counter and it is an incredible experience. There is a lot going on in a world class kitchen. The way it is laid out you can see everything. On occasion you may even find a sample coming over the counter. Plus we had a chance to chat with Andrew Sutton. You will appreciate your meal even more.

Have fun.

After many trips, finally got to Napa Rose during this last trip in February. Did not sit at the Chef's Counter but will definitely do it next time!
    I would say, try the Tasting Menu even if you are not 100% sold. I tried that and I can say it was very worth the experiment. Excellent!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

If you like the Vintner offering, by all means, go for it...and go FULL Flight. The wines they pair w/ the courses are perfect --and you'll be treated to something special. Either free refills, or a special taste of 'something in the back' or an apertif...

Then again, the a la carte menu is nothing to turn your nose at either....if the choices are just too difficult, might I suggest a repeat visit soon after your initial visit!??!

The service is TOP shelf. The food, right on the same shelf.

Napa Rose is my favorite place to 'break bread' with friends/family. Bar none.

I can't wait to hear your report of the 'chef's counter' ....I'm going to try this on our next visit!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Wink Re: Chef's Counter at Napa Rose

SummerInFL did you manage to get your reservation?

I'm so excited, keep the stories coming, I love reading as much as I can!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by MMBunny View Post
    Hey All!

I've booked reservations at the Chef's counter at Napa Rose to kick off my first ever trip to Disneyland!!

WOOOHOOOO

Anyone care to share their experiences at Napa Rose and or the Chef's Counter?

I'm so excited and would love to hear what you all thought about it!
    We sat at the Chef's counter when we went for the Christmas Candlelight Procession and it was fun and a fabulous meal and such a beautiful restaurant. One of the chefs who was busy preping a mountain of parsnips for a soup and it was interesting seeing all the activity up close. To be honest we were so excited about the candlelight thing that we were yammering among ourselves about that, so we probably didn't enjoy the experience to its fullest extent. But I'd like to do it again someday.

Have fun!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by MMBunny View Post
    SummerInFL did you manage to get your reservation?

I'm so excited, keep the stories coming, I love reading as much as I can!

I forgot to call. I got busy at work, hard to believe, I'm working at work. LOL

I am going to try and call today. Since they open so late, I have to wait until someone is there and I'm not sure if she meant for me to call at 12:30pm PST or EST. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast