Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Honeymoon

Hi all. I've been lurking the board for quite a long time and figured I'd ask you all a question.

My girlfriend and I are planning on getting married at the beginning of September, and we're talking about a Disneyland or Disney World honeymoon. So I was wondering what hotels would be suggested for either one. We don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, we're trying to keep it reasonably affordable as I'm graduating from college this April. We'd like to stay someplace nice - and I'm personally a little reticent to go to Disney World just because I know it'll still be hot and humid in September and I HATE humidity, but I've never been so I'm willing to bit the bullet and live with swimming through the air for a bit.

So what would all of you knowledgeable people suggest?

Re: Disneyland Honeymoon

in september it is also hurricane season in FL so just a warning. If you go with disneyland paradise pier is the best on price

• Hiding in the shadows

Disnelyland in September is pretty good as far as crowds depnding on what part of the month you would be there. I would suggest the Disneyland Hotel. Paradise Pier is cost effective but would not be my choice for a honeymoon.

A little piece of heaven

• Disney Starved in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Disnelyland in September is pretty good as far as crowds depnding on what part of the month you would be there.

Definitely agreed there...
    DL won't be bad on the weather either at that time... all you'd need is a light jacket in the evening!

Avoid hurricane season in Florida - go to Cali! Florida is unpredictable and they do close the parks there when weather gets bad!!! In Florida you could wind up spending your entire h'moon in the hotel! NOT as fun as it sounds!

Paradise Pier is best Disney for price, but you should check priceline because you can get really nice rooms at the crowne plaza or sheraton (I think that is the one might be the hilton - either one is good) for less expensive and have just as nice of a time (I mean, think about the time you're spending in the hotel - and if you REALLY wanna pay extra just to have mickey soap in your room - not that you don't deserve it!)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Donathius View Post
    So what would all of you knowledgeable people suggest?
    Give her what she wants for the wedding. Don't go to bed mad at one another. Let her win arguments occasionally (even though she, of course, is wrong).

Welcome to MiceChat and congratulations!

• Rock Star Minion

Either is fine.
    September won't be that bad in Fla.
    Whichever you choose, you know that the unchosen one is still there for another trip at another time.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

September is great here on the Left coast. Weather is cooling down a little, Summer crowds aren't quite as hefty. You'll have a great time.

me and my hubby got married in santa ana and traveled down the road to DL for our honeymoon back in 05. we were there from the 18th- 22nd. it rained a few times, but only once did it get really bad. and even then it was gorgeous. there was a lightning storm above the castle...

the weather's good, the crowds aren't that bad, and overall a great time for a honeymoon.

there are decent hotels in the area. not sure about any of them.. we stayed in the red roof inn (that's apparently now a motel 6)

• =)

You'll get a knee-jerk response from me--I'll suggest Disneyland. WDW would probably be fine, but the weather'll be infinitely nicer here in Cali and the crowds shouldn't be too bad, either. You'll have a great time either way, though. Congrats, and welcome to the wonderful world of posting!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I would choose DL over WDW, in Sept.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My wife and I spent out Wedding Night in the Sierra Tower of Disneyland Hotel. It was funny trapsing through the DLR in a tuxedo and wedding gown.....we got so many 'congrats' and they even spread some 'magic' to our hotel room the next morning with a complimentary cheese and danish tray...which we thought was very nice of them to do.

We spent our first day of marriage in Disneyland...and the next day, we drove up to Monterey and San Francisco for the remainder of the week - but nothing like spending your wedding night in the Happiest Place on Earth - believe me, after that night, I can definitely that that 'it was' the Happiest Place on Earth!

Go for it buddy. Hit Disneyland Resort here in So.Cal and have a blast! You'll be happy you did .

Congrats! I would say DL too, especially if its going to be so humid, but have you considered a Disney Cruise? or BOTH?!?!!? YAY FOR WEDDINGS....cuz I know I'll never get married =D

Congrats! We got married 9/30/06 and went to DL for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Paradise Pier, in the Malibu suite. It was a little more than we wanted to pay, but it was definitely worth it! Make sure if you stay on property, tell them it is your honeymoon. We were delighted to find 2 chocolate covered mickey rice krispy treats and rose petals on our bed, with a sweet note, wishing us a good night on our special night.

Also make sure to get the FREE "just married" buttons at city hall. Everyone will say congrats to and we got a few perks, like our own small world boat.

I've been lurking here for years, but I just had to reply to this post!

Congrats again & Have fun!

Wow, thanks for all the advice everyone. Obviously it's a two-party decision, but we were already leaning towards DL. I guess my only other question becomes about where to stay. We'd like to stay on-property but we want a little but nicer room. Although if we could get something nice at another hotel for a comparable amount then we might do that.

Well, just in case anyone's curious we decided to go with DL. Now it's just a question of what hotel to stay in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast