Sad Carnation Cafe Refurb?

Just noticed on the DLR website that Carnation Cafe is closed this week for refurb. About a month ago I called an made breakfast reservations for Wednesday, March 5th.

I am of course going to call the park, but any other suggestions as for what to ask for. I am sure many other locations are already booked up and I was hoping to get a good sit down, Oscar's breakfast on my first day in the park.

• Minion

Re: Carnation Cafe Refurb?

I like Cafe Orleans for breakfast.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd remind them you set this reservation well in advance and if they can't accomodate you at the Carnation cafe, (fill in the blank) restaurant will suffice.

• Former DL & WDW CM

On our last trip, we had beakfast at a bakery in Downtown Disney...I believe the name started with an 'N'. It's been awhile and I can't remember if it was a sit down breakfast, but I do remember the food being great. I believe there are also other places that are good for breakfast in DTD.

So I called and according to Vacation Planning Services it shows as being open. The woman I spoke with said it may only be open for a limited time, or some portion (outside or inside) might be closed. Apparently their system was still allowing reservations. I guess I can only wait and see now.

• Banned User

Carnation Cafe is closed from 2/25/08-2/29/08.

I thought there was some chatter about the Carnation Cafe closing down. Does this refurb mean that it's safe?
    Former Cast Member there at the beginning for the Flagship store on 5th Avenue in NYC.

Whew... thought it was going to be closed for a long refurb... the main street refurbs going on (that I saw in pictures on this website) were a surprise to me as nothing was listed on the official calendar on Disney.com. (I think it was Disneyana that was covered with a tarp???) Anyone know when all of that will be done?

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyYaYa View Post
    Whew... thought it was going to be closed for a long refurb... the main street refurbs going on (that I saw in pictures on this website) were a surprise to me as nothing was listed on the official calendar on Disney.com. (I think it was Disneyana that was covered with a tarp???) Anyone know when all of that will be done?
    No. The reason they don't show up on the calendar, is because the calendar only lists refurbishments that cause closures. All those shops with tarps over them an construction walls are still open.
    That being said, since they aren't on the calendar, no one really knows when they are slated to be done, other than the obvious 'before spring break begins'
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter