Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do They check your ID 4 2fers?

I know that in order to buy two-fers you have to be a southern california resident. However i have a dear friend who is going to be in town from South Carolina with her daughter (who has never been to DLand). My B/F, Son and myself have AP's, But i was thinking of buying the two-fers for her since i am a valid so-cal resident. However my question is whether they check your ID when you use the 2fers at the turnstiles...? I am not trying to cheat the system...ok maybe i am a little....I just want to save them a little money... Thanx in advance!

• Missing an Angel

Re: Do They check your ID 4 2fers?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But it is my understanding that the person buying the 2fer tickets have to be So. Cal residents. On the tickets it says that proof of residency and ticket is required for entry, but I don't think that they check ID's at the turnstiles.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Disney has this to say:

• Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for admission.

• Admission valid for one day at Disneyland® park and another day at Disney's California Adventure® park, but not for both parks on the same day. Tickets are valid 30 days from first use. First use must occur between 1/07/08 through 5/22/08. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use.

• May purchase up to 8 tickets per person per day with valid ID. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Offer not valid before 01/07/08. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
    All services, attractions, entertainment, tickets, offers, events and age ranges are subject to change without notice. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Ticket products, price and entitlements available Online may be different than the Box Office.

The tickets are clearly non-transferable--so, basically what you are asking is what we all think you and your friend's chances of being 'caught in the act' of cheating exactly are? Is it really worth the risk?

• Minion

they didn't check my friends when we went.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

If you can purchase up to 8 a day and they are your guests, I don't think it is cheating the system at all.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Off to Neverland

i bought a socal ticket for my cousin once...they only checked @ the ticket booth.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    If you can purchase up to 8 a day and they are your guests, I don't think it is cheating the system at all.
    I agree. If you are able to buy 8 tickets, clearly you aren't going to use all 8 yourself.

It's kindof like the early entry policy if you are a resort hotel guest. You are able to bring in up to 6 guests with you and they don't have to be staying at the hotels.

Just my .02

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

We are in some messed up world when your trying to help out and your friends and feel guilty...

personally as a AP holder myself, I will try and get everything that I can because Disney is such a ripoff park its not even funny. Prices for everything are overinflated everywhere in the park and recently after a couple of solo trips I'm really starting to notice the park is really deteriorating. Indy is half dark, which means the main room has almost nothing left, including the Ice that I never saw...buzz is so run down....the mansion (the music sounds like it skips in the graveyard, and I don't always remember that)...POTC has become the jack sparrow ride that I now dislike because of its HEY JACK SPARROW RULES ALL theme...everyone knows about space...i wish they would run screamin' at full cap all the time...not to mention all the refurbs that keep happening around the park...

I love Disneyland, don't get me wrong, but trying to help your friends make a magical experience is no crime to me. If my friends came down from Indiana or wherever I'd try and get them into the parks too...its a special place so don't stress about saving them a few bucks here and there.

And from personal experience they checked my ID at the turnstile, but I think its iffy so it doesn't matter. Its either checking your zip code I think or your student ID, I used my student ID.

I bought tickets for my family when they came from Texas and they never checked their ID's at the turnstiles, so I don't think you should worry.

I am in the same boat. I have some friends that are coming in from utah and we are going to disneyland. I want to buy their tickets but just don't want to get hassled. From what I hear, just show MY ID when I buy the tickets and then they won't check at the turnstyle. If anyone can provide any more information other than what is here, please share.

Thank you for all the responses. Hmm very informative. I suppose it whouldn't be that big of a deal. However i guess i should prepare her with the fact that worse case scenario she would have to pay full price. which is not a bad thing.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

WHAT!? How can you guys encourage her to cheat the system?! Disney needs that money to, um, keep the gates open. Yeah... and fix DCA (well, um okay, they really do need to fix DCA), and uh... to send people back and forth from California to Florida for real important meetings and stuff... and to make "Dream Suites" and crappy little "Galleries" in the exit's of attractions...

They may go out of business if her friends go in on a pass that's only for SoCal residents because everybody knows that SoCal residents who use 2-fers stay all day and buy all their meals in the parks and buy tons of merchandise... lot's more than people who come to visit Disneyland all the way from South Carolina once every 20 years or so... RIGHT?
    [/sarcasm]
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Disney has this to say:

• Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for admission.

This right there pretty much sums it up.

Even IF your friends are visiting you,

THEY are not California Residents. This does not apply to them.

I don't agree with trying to get everything you can because you feel you are being overcharged either.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    personally as a AP holder myself, I will try and get everything that I can because Disney is such a ripoff park its not even funny.
    Would robbing a store in Disneyland be OK because they are a rip off company? And how are they a rip off. They provide a great experience for a fee that is in line with other entertainment.

You don't need to answer my first question but in my book, theft is theft. It annoys me that people justify dishonesty because they think someone or something is sucessful.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Correctamundo.

And if they did check ID I would be flabberghasted because there has been times when they don't check my ID when I buy dinner - and my card reads "check ID".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast