• Banned User

Lightbulb A Golden Disneyland Rule...

...that it seems many CMs forget...

Don't get out of role, ever! Be courteous, friendly, and helpful - even under pressure. Be professional at all times, not matter what. Never get defensive or rude with Guests. The louder they get, the quieter and calmer you get. Don't take it personally, because they don't even know you. They are usually upset because we have not delivered on their expectation, whether it's reasonable in your mind or not. Are some Guests going to try and take advantage of you to get something free? Yes, they are; but they really are the exception. So let's not start out by treating people as if they were dishonest. Someday, the dishonest ones will have to answer to a higher leader than us. It's not the Guest's fault that we set the expectation that we are perfect. Treat them as you would a cherished friend, and that is what they will become. This is what sets us apart from the rest of the world. Remember that the "moment of truth" is when the Guest comes in contact with you. YOU are Disney.

Just a word from official CM material...

• So!

Re: A Golden Disneyland Rule...

And if they don't do that, they need to write that whole paragraph 50 times before their shift ends or they get fired. That'll keep everyone in check. But....who wouldn't want to be happy at Disneyland.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

uh................yea...............
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

On my recent trip to Disneyland, I met nothing but wonderful cast members. I can honestly say, that I did not have a bad experience with any of them. Cast members score an E+ in my book.

Talking Re: A Golden Disneyland Rule...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill

Don't get out of role, ever! Be courteous, friendly, and helpful - even under pressure. Be professional at all times, not matter what. Never get defensive or rude with Guests. The louder they get, the quieter and calmer you get. Don't take it personally, because they don't even know you. They are usually upset because we have not delivered on their expectation, whether it's reasonable in your mind or not. Are some Guests going to try and take advantage of you to get something free? Yes, they are; but they really are the exception. So let's not start out by treating people as if they were dishonest. Someday, the dishonest ones will have to answer to a higher leader than us. It's not the Guest's fault that we set the expectation that we are perfect. Treat them as you would a cherished friend, and that is what they will become. This is what sets us apart from the rest of the world. Remember that the "moment of truth" is when the Guest comes in contact with you. YOU are Disney.

Just wondering what happened, I mean ,what did you do to make a cast member get angry with you?

• Banned User

No, I posted this because someone posted a thread last week where a CM refused admission to a little girl becuase she was too tall and they thought the guest was lying... this obviously goes directly agaist this written policy.

• Hooterville, USA

Uh, do we really want to discuss that again?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• So!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicFanatic
    uh................yea...............
    Was that for me? Cause I posted that last night...it was late and I was tired. lol

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

Those rules were written for another time when our morals and ethics were important. The people today on the average are always seeking that certain edge....What makes the highways miserable to drive is reflective of the guests in the park. That and the low pay for what is expected of the entry level employee makes for a bad mix. I always get good service from Disney because I treat them with respect, not like servants that others tend to do.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Sock Puppet

Try working guest control during fireworks and we'll see if you still can keep that mind sight.

And what if "some people" printed this on business cards and handed it to a CM whenever they were not "Disney"???
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

I think you need to spend some time at Stupid Guest Tricks. It is very interesting to get the CM's side of the story from working there. I think people forget that CM are just normal people too and that they have bad days just like everyone else.

I watched very closely the last time I was at Disneyland, especially the Cast Members working the Parade route, Fireworks and Fantasmic, as well as those at various attractions. All were friendly, gracious, and most were firm but courteous when necessary. With the Fireworks especially they have a real challenge on their hands. Kudos to all for the job you do. There are I am sure exceptions, but few and far between.
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• My Children's Father

Someday, the dishonest ones will have to answer to a higher leader than us.

Hmmmmmm ............

Quote Originally Posted by KingofHearts
    Those rules were written for another time when our morals and ethics were important.
    Hmmmmmm.................

Maybe Disneyland would be better off if its inhabitants shared more characteristics with the occupants of foxholes .........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"