Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disappointed by AP hotel discount

I am planning on purchasing at PAP this year because my husband is letting me take 2 trips to DL. This will be my first annual pass.
    I called to make reservations at the DL hotel for May and the nice operator informed me that the annual pass rate will give me a $26 discount each night. I was hoping for more. She mentioned there are codes that I might be able to get, that will offer more significant discounts. The problem is I have to activate my annual pass first.
    I was just kinda bummed and thought some of you with more AP experience might have some helpful suggestions.
    Thanks

This one time on Friends . . .

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Re: Disappointed by AP hotel discount

Try to call again and ask for the AP6 discount - the sooner the better, the rooms go quick. It runs mid-April to the end of May. Once you activate your AP, you'll have access to the AP DL site which has an availability and rate calendar. Of course the AP6 rate isn't showing up but it is mentioned in the 'special offers' section. Good luck.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner View Post
    The problem is I have to activate my annual pass first.
    I was just kinda bummed and thought some of you with more AP experience might have some helpful suggestions.
    Thanks
    Suggestions on how to get a discount that is less 'disappointing' to you, or suggestions on how to keep yourself from being 'bummed'?

If it's the latter, I have a suggestion: remember that APs already sell DL far too cheaply, and the discount you are getting with your AP is really just gravy--extra savings on top of the monumental deal of being allowed access to DL 365 days a year (if you wish it) for one laughably small price.

I'm useless, however, for advice on getting bigger discounts than the basic ones you undoubtedly already are aware of.

• Shubisha

30 bucks off really should be nice but because of how expensive the place is it's a whole drop from a bucket of water issue =P

cast member discount ain't much better

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Try to call again and ask for the AP6 discount - the sooner the better, the rooms go quick. It runs mid-April to the end of May. Once you activate your AP, you'll have access to the AP DL site which has an availability and rate calendar. Of course the AP6 rate isn't showing up but it is mentioned in the 'special offers' section. Good luck.
    Thanks you were anything but grouchy, actually very helpful, I just called and got over $50 off a night.

My disappointment and frustration stemmed from the fact the operator informed me there were bigger discounts, but I did not know how or if I could get them.
    I just was not sure about the process and what these codes were. Being an AP newbie I did not want to miss an opportunity or trust what the first operator told me.
    Thanks

If you really want to save some cash stay offsite - right over on Harbor there are some decent places for way less than the DL hotels with a discount. It's nice to stay at the Disney properties once in awhile, but we almost always stay somewhere on Harbor. That leaves a little extra cash in the pockets for souvenirs, food, etc.

• Banned User

I have to say that in 40 years of going to DL, I have never stayed at a DL hotel of any kind. Not at WDW or DL. I just cannot justify spending that much dough on a room I hardly see! I'd rather use it at the park, as the above person said.

If you got $50 off....may I ask how much is the room per night?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    ...remember that APs already sell DL far too cheaply, and the discount you are getting with your AP is really just gravy...
    You are so absolutely correct. No matter how much I gripe and complain when renewal times come near it is quite the discount for what you get. Heck even living in Phoenix it is still worth it.

As for the staying across the street, I second that. Although I will say that when we only came over once a year we tended to stay on Disney property to stay immersed in the experience.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I agree about not staying onsite - too many less expensive places.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I know that the Howard Johnson's on Harbor offers an AP discount...

Currently 20% off....

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

Also, The Anabella and Carousel Hotels offer MiceChatters a special discounted rate...

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...63#post2594063
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I too have never stayed onsite, although I certainly wish i could--if only for the experience. I stay at the Alpine. It is usually $70-90 a night and it is so easy and close.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• no flash photography...

I only stay on site when they offer really good discounts. We stayed at the dlh for $89.00 last time. We got the pph for $69 once and our last stay at the GCH was $189.00. If they aren't offering these types of discounts we stay off site...usually through priceline for about $40.00 to $50 a night.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    If it's the latter, I have a suggestion: remember that APs already sell DL far too cheaply, and the discount you are getting with your AP is really just gravy--extra savings on top of the monumental deal of being allowed access to DL 365 days a year (if you wish it) for one laughably small price.
    words... missing... from my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    30 bucks off really should be nice but because of how expensive the place is it's a whole drop from a bucket of water issue =P

cast member discount ain't much better
    Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    If you really want to save some cash stay offsite - right over on Harbor there are some decent places for way less than the DL hotels with a discount. It's nice to stay at the Disney properties once in awhile, but we almost always stay somewhere on Harbor. That leaves a little extra cash in the pockets for souvenirs, food, etc.
    Put them together to prove that the $30 off can be used by some as justification TO stay there while others see the semi obscene price tag as an automatic no.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Also, The Anabella and Carousel Hotels offer MiceChatters a special discounted rate...

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...63#post2594063
    I have no idea how the powers that be brokered this deal... hopefully it has proven a great discount for us and a financial incentive for them.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Bingo. Some of those hotels over on Harbor are actually closer to the gates than are the DLH and PPH. The rooms over there are pretty much no frills. But for the most part we have had a clean, comfortable room at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    If you got $50 off....may I ask how much is the room per night?
    $227 a night down from $280.
    I know it is less expensive to stay off site but we are taking our niece down for her first trip and we love the DL hotel so we figure it would make the trip extra extra extra special.
    Thanks for all you advice and thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast