Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Snow White Castle

I wouldn't mind Aurora trading spaces with Snow White. The Bavarian-influenced Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland really belongs to her, anyway.

How about a rechristening at the end of the 50th Anniversary celebration to commemorate the beginning of the next fifty years?

Cinderella Castle (at the Tokyo and W.D.W. gates) and Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant (at the Paris gate) are decidedly French since France claims both stories as its own. Snow White Castle (currently known as "Sleeping Beauty Castle") in Disneyland feels much more German. The reason is because Sleeping Beauty took residence there at the last minute.

The castle rightfully belongs to Snow White. Aurora has her own castle at Disneyland Paris now. She needs to give the place back to the fairest of them all.

Walt Disney had intended for Snow White to have the castle originally, and, if you look at it closely, you can see how it suits her so much better. He made the decision at the last minute to give it to the sleeping beauty, Aurora, because the film, "Sleeping Beauty", was about to be released.

The castle clearly looks more Bavarian than French. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" also enjoys the distinction as being the original Disney fairy tale, so giving the story and its heroine the honor of occupying the centerpiece of the original Magic Kingdom would be absolutely perfect. And, what better opportunity for a rechristening than the 50th Anniversary celebration?

Disney needs to commemorate the end of the celebration in an historic way so as to close one chapter in Disneyland's history and begin another.

The castle would remain relatively unchanged, I imagine.

Obviously, the murals near the backside of the castle would need to go. I never liked them, anyway, because they undermine the fantasy. And, now that the "Sleeping Beauty" diorama is no more, the walk-through Attraction no longer presents an obstacle to a change of ownership.

With Snow White's existing grotto and wishing well, I can see the way that the entire conception could come together and be instantly recognizable to Guests. And, I think Snow White, as a person, has a charm that is uniquely appropriate for Disneyland.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 08-08-2005 at 10:44 AM.

• Minion

Re: Snow White Castle

ORWEN: No, no, no. Snow White has a dark ride in most of the Disney theme parks. Aurora is only recognized in 3. So, don't you DARE mess around with one of my favorite princesses. Besides, the castle in Snow White was dark and gloomy--due to the wicked Queen's nasty ways. The Castle in Sleeping Beauty was brighter and more positive--I suppose, since Maleficent had her own digs on the Forbidden Mountain.

ORDDU: Aside from that, if you stop to think about it, the facade for Snow White's Scary Adventures has the Queen's Castle for you to wander through--small as it is. There's also the Snow White Grotto which honors Snow White. Surely Princess Aurora deserves equal time--especially since they closed down her walk through attraction.

ORWEN: I once read something along time ago about the famous Bavarian Castle--Neuschwashtine (sp?) and how it has sort of been referred to as the Sleeping Beauty Palace by the locals over there--probably because Uncle Walt used it so much as a reference for his own version of the castle for Disneyland.

Snow White Castle would be the one belonging to her prince.

All the castles represent the attainment of the goals of the respective heroines. So, Snow White Castle would be the one towards which she and her prince head at the very end of the film and where they both live happily ever after.

I prefer that each of The Magic Kingdoms of Disneyland have one-of-a-kind Attractions, but, at the very least, The Magic Kingdoms need unique castles.

With Snow White Castle at Disneyland, Los Angeles, Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Paris, and Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World, two castles would remain that could potentially be reimagined.

I would suggest The Little Mermaid Castle for Tokyo Disneyland since Prince Eric's residence in The Magic Kingdom would coordinate nicely with Disney Seas and its Mermaid Lagoon.

Hong Kong Disneyland is the question mark. The Magic Kingdom there will be opening very soon, but I find its duplicate castle cheapens and bastardizes the original. The last of the big Disney fairy tales with a Western setting is "Beauty and the Beast", so a Beauty and the Beast Castle might work well there. Significant modifications would need to be made to the existing design, though.

Hopefully, The Walt Disney Company will start to see the way in which The Magic Kingdoms are cannibalizing each other's business and eroding their appeal as international travel destinations.

The "Planting-the-Flag" strategy is a remnant of Paul Pressler's failed administration. There are other ways to internationalize Disney's theme park and resort business rather than "Xerox-ing" castles for every street corner around the world.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 08-06-2005 at 06:52 PM.

• Shubisha

There are like 3 different castles in sleeping beauty anyways aren't there? Sleeping Beauty's/her parent's, maleficent's, and the prince's castle...

Regardless, don't even think about it!

In my opinion it is too late to change the name to Snow White's Castle. If they wanted to do that then they should of renamed it years ago. Even if they change I think people/the public would still be calling it Sleeping Beauty's Caslte because the park is so well knewn. I do agree however that each Magic Kingdom should have a different princess's castle, however, I think it is too late for the Magic Kindoms that are already in place (except probably Disneyland Paris), they should definitley rename Disneyland Hong Kongs castle before it opens. Then redisgn it just slightly so that it does not get mixed up the Sleeping Beauty's Castle in California.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

You are giving the WDC too much credit. They will most likely rename it the "Disney's Princess Castle", that way they can merchandise it any way they want. Very PC. Kind of a Harem of sorts. All the princesses live there (sponsored by the vacation club) and it is a shrine to elite feminism. A Playboy Mansion where tiaras have replaced bunny ears. Of course, the Princes are all cardboard personalities and they are exiled into some hovel near the wishing well. Synergy is poured into the moat nightly.

• Banned User

LMAO!!! ^Best post all day.

And btw, you forgot about the pin store inside.

• Minion

ORGOCH: I still say what they OUGHT ta do is build a castle fer the Horny King. They could have a torture chamber in the dungeon--just like they does in the Land a Prydain--where they could send bad actin' cast members and bad AP Holders ta teach 'em all a lesson 'bout better manners--after they's gone and done somethin' wrong!!

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, since Snow White gets more than enough attention, as it is, I still say we should leave Sleeping Beauty's Castle as it is. Besides, the castle at the end of the movie in Snow White didn't play nearly as important a role in the film to make it stand out in the minds of most guests. Sleeping Beauty's Castle--in the movie--DID play a very important role in that story and deserves much more recognition, by comparison. (The same could be said for the castles in Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast and The Little Mermaid.)

• Hooterville, USA

I like it just the way it is. But put the candy store back inside it like it was.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Puppy Cuddles

As I said in the other post I would cry. Aurora is hardly ever given something of her own that she doesn't share with all the other princesses. Thank god for marketing gimmicks or she wouldn't have any castle to call her own. I say don't mess with it. And yes I'm biased because Sleeping Beauty is one of my fave Disney films, but I'm okay with that.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Never did like Snow Ball & the 7 Flakes, no ways!! All that smut promotin' goin' on inside that cottage--between some little no good gal--pretendin' ta be all innocent-like, when all along she ain't got sense 'nuff ta stay outta a man's bed!! Heck!! She went an' got inta SEVEN men's beds!!! I don't think even the Wicked Queen ever got so trampy as that--not all in just one night, anyways!!! Then, a course, along comes the worst dang culprit of 'em all--some goomer on a white horse, passin' hisself off as some sort a hero-prince, when, if the truth be told, he was nothin' but a CHILD molester!!! He could a been arrested fer the things he had in mind ta do with that under-aged gal!! Not that she wouldn't a LIKED it, the dirty minded little sap. But, STILL!! What's the medieval world a comin' ta if'n ya cain't git a decent story good 'nuff fer the whole dang fam'ly ta enjoy?!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Cabin
    A Playboy Mansion where tiaras have replaced bunny ears.
    That grotto would host alot of other attractions as well....!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    As I said in the other post I would cry. Aurora is hardly ever given something of her own that she doesn't share with all the other princesses. Thank god for marketing gimmicks or she wouldn't have any castle to call her own. I say don't mess with it. And yes I'm biased because Sleeping Beauty is one of my fave Disney films, but I'm okay with that.
    My exact feelings.

Remove the castle and you kill Sleeping Beauty!

Snow White is given too much credit. She might be the first Disney princess, but she has her own dark ride and a show dedicated to her. I think that's enough.

Which of the three Sleeping Beauty Castles is the real one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast