Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Re: Tomorrowland and TRON?

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I grew up during the TRON era and I can't even remember much about it. I think people were quite interested in something like the "Transformers" movie because it proved to have longevity over the years. Ressurecting that frachise made a lot of sense. TRON, on the other hand, wasn't something that really had a long-lasting impact.

I dont know how you felt about it kissman, but when i saw the Transformers movie, i felt like part of my childhood had been sold to GM. It was just wrong.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

I've been waiting for a TRON attraction since 1982 when it was supposed to go into Communicore at EPCOT Center

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I grew up during the TRON era and I can't even remember much about it. I think people were quite interested in something like the "Transformers" movie because it proved to have longevity over the years. Ressurecting that frachise made a lot of sense. TRON, on the other hand, wasn't something that really had a long-lasting impact.

I just can't see DL investing a lot of cash and time into something like TRON unless it proves to be a success at the box office in this day and age. Personally, I'm not sure that it does. Do kids today even know anything about TRON? Every new Disney attraction is usually created with them in mind. So if they don't know it, it ain't happening.

The kids of today do know of TRON because of Kingdom Hearts 2 (in addition to the XBOX getting the TRON 2 video game).

The idea of Kingdom Hearts 2's TRON scenario is the MCP beamed Sora, Donald, and Goofy into a computer they needed to investigate (you can blame Donald for trying to chase Stitch off the keyboard, triggering the defense procedure).

The kids do know who TRON, Sark, and the MCP are, it's just the adults don't know the kids know who TRON is in this day and age. The kids will also recognize the MCP because of South Park (he's Moses).

• Disney Geek

I introduced my kids to TRON and found out that the movie is timeless. They loved it. They are also familiar with Tron because of Kingdom Hearts 2 like the previous post says. A TRON based attraction would be great.

Dude...everyone at my old high school new what Tron was. It had some kind of cult following with the kids there. They almost all had heart attacks when it was announced for Kingdom Hearts 2.

• Animatronic

TRON rocks. As does TROFF, the matching unix trace off command. It's way more Tomorrowland than giant toys or talking clown fish. No offense to Pixar, who's movies I love.

My boyfriend once claimed that Tron was the only Disney movie he liked as a kid. Don't worry, I've taken his reprogramming very seriously. Soon he will be begging to be able to go to Disneyland in a Belle costume!

^ Tmi

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Tron baby!!! I will believe it only once I see the previews.
    Then i will be first in line

"Take heed users next time you may not fare so well"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12