Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• missing the DisneyGallery

Would you like Disneyland better with ticket books today?

I was cleaning my garage today listing to a playlist on my iPod titled 'Dead Disneyland' (Basically any audio that used to play in the park that cannot be heard today), and something struck me as I was listening to the 1956 Ticket Book spiel. Was Disneyland a better place to visit when you paid less to enter and decided whether to buy General Admission (for 50 cents to a dollar) or Day at Disneyland Ticket Books (for $2-$3 for admission to 10 attractions). Of course you could avoid the hefty cost of the whole book by purchasing individual tickets at the entrance of the attraction

My question is would you prefer ticket books today if your admission was less, but did not allow you to visit you any attractions without paying more.

The more I think about it the more I think I wish ticket books were still around. I think I usually go on 7 or 8 attractions when I go to the park, but sometimes I like to just sit and take in the atmosphere; which requires no ticketbook at all.

When attractions were original

• Minion

Re: Would you like Disneyland better with ticket books today?

Since I was born in 1985, I have never had to deal with ticket books at a Disney Park. I love the unlimited attraction usage style, and I couldn't bare to see it go, someone who does as many attractions as me would see those tickets go faster than a speeding bullet. I think it might be good to offer the ticket system alongside the unlimited usage system. That way, people who can't afford a "one price for everything" ticket would at least be able to do some attractions.

BTW I love your signature, it is something that Lassiter, Iger, and Rasulo should see.

• =)

That depends entirely on how much it would cost for me to go on a comparable number of comparable attractions in one day, using both systems. I've read that back in the ticket book days, even accounting for inflation, you generally paid less in one day than you do now to go on the same number of rides. That being the case, yes, I'd prefer a ticket book system because then I really could go more often. Money would be far less of an object.

I've got to say though, it'd probably get hairy with AP holders.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I love the unlimited attraction usage style, and I couldn't bare to see it go, someone who does as many attractions as me would see those tickets go faster than a speeding bullet.
    I think I was like that until I turned 30. Now I take a slower approach.

I prefer using a A.P or all day ticket with unlimited use. I was too young to remember using ticket books, but I can see the positive and negatives with them. I think the majority of people will vote for the system of today. Trying to get your moneys worth. Kinda like a Vegas Buffet---One price and stuff your face full of food. In this case one price and ride as much as you can..

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    I prefer using a A.P or all day ticket with unlimited use. I was too young to remember using ticket books, but I can see the positive and negatives with them. I think the majority of people will vote for the system of today. Trying to get your moneys worth. Kinda like a Vegas Buffet---One price and stuff your face full of food. In this case one price and ride as much as you can..
    I see what you're saying, but I don't think that most people are like this, otherwise 20,000 people would be there at 8 AM.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Ticket Books are cool, because they 'were' - but I don't think they are condusive to today. I mean, Disneyland costs so much to get in.....I think people are more apt to pay a sum and have run of the park.

However, if each attraction called for a certain ticket, and you had to buy that certain ticket, it could really ease the size of the lines.....because no doubt, the amount per ticket would be astronomical.....

• Banned User

I was a child of the 60's and remember ticket booths. I like the way things are today. We live in Seattle, but, buy an AP each year, and even 10 days at the park in a year is worth the price!

Well if they went back to the old ticket books, I'd be able to ride the main st trolley about 2,500 times

• DL Nerd

No.....

that would be a pain in the butt for people who don't live next to DLR which make up a HUGE percentage of guests.....

"Dang Daddy.... I know we leave tomorrow....and I really wanted to go on that one ride but we don't have anymore D ticket's left. I guess we'll hit it next time we have to save up for the airfare, hotel, and food."
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

They would get a LOT less money from me. It's up to them but I think they may have to hire quite a few more people to sell and take the tickets, as well as the expence of printing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    No.....

that would be a pain in the butt for people who don't live next to DLR which make up a HUGE percentage of guests.....

"Dang Daddy.... I know we leave tomorrow....and I really wanted to go on that one ride but we don't have anymore D ticket's left. I guess we'll hit it next time we have to save up for the airfare, hotel, and food."
    I think you could buy General Admission and then purchase tickets for the atractions that you wanted in the themed land that it was located or at the entrance to the attraction.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

ugh, could you imagine the lines at the ticket booths?? You'd spend half your time there. At least, the dads would.

• Banned User

Tickets were a pain in the butt. Even if it does cost more to have an all day pass, I prefer it for the convenience.

- Anatole

• "I Break Things"

I think if they had a reduced admission, with a Ticket Book system then Disneyland would be more crowded, also there is a long standing theory that it would lead to older attractions being replaced at a much faster rate. At the same time I have had many visits where all I really wanted to do was walk around. The sad reality is that walking would be almost impossible with a lowered price tag.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast