Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Pressler makes me sick

So, out of curiosity, I thought I would check out the Paul Pressler entry on Wikipedia.com. The latest rendition of Paul Presslers wiki-fame reads a little too rosey for my own comfort level.

I will agree that the first submissions may not have been an unbiased report on Pressler's career, but the current entry is also FAR from unbiased IMO.

Take a look at the following link, which compares Wikipedia of January of 2006 on the left hand side of the page to the latest version, updated in February 2008 on the right. You will notice how all negative statements have been omitted and re-written in a far less critical manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=36284199

I'm personally very bothered by this. Disneyland's reputation and quality suffered severely during these very unhappy years. Why shouldn't history remember Paul Pressler exactly for what he did and did not do?? What do you think?

Ryborg

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Re: Pressler makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    So, out of curiosity, I thought I would check out the Paul Pressler entry on Wikipedia.com. The latest rendition of Paul Presslers wiki-fame reads a little too rosey for my own comfort level.

I will agree that the first submissions may not have been an unbiased report on Pressler's career, but the current entry is also FAR from unbiased IMO.

Take a look at the following link, which compares Wikipedia of January of 2006 on the left hand side of the page to the latest version, updated in February 2008 on the right. You will notice how all negative statements have been omitted and re-written in a far less critical manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=36284199

I'm personally very bothered by this. Disneyland's reputation and quality suffered severely during these very unhappy years. Why shouldn't history remember Paul Pressler exactly for what he did and did not do?? What do you think?

What do I think?

I think it is a total waste of time to worry about what others think of Paul Pressler, Why in the world someone is bothered about what others think of Pressler is beyond me.

Just how long ago did Pressler leave DL anyway, I think you are hanging on to something you have no control over. On a scale of 1 to 10 worring about Pressler ranks a -100
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Sock Puppet

Personally, I think you're looking too much into it.
    Clearly what he did to Disneyland hasn't been forgotten by the people who noticed it most, and a Wiki page won't affect that.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Besides... its wikipedia. For all we know Pressler edited the entry himself.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Down Pluto!

Edit it back and use Al's columns as your citation.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

Paul Pressler probably edited this himself. I passionately hate Paul Pressler and I think he should serve a life-time imprisonment term in Guantanamo Bay, and even that is being lenient on him.

• Banned User

The first article really tells it as it is. The revision is just a rosy gloss over. He really did screw things up. The word "Pressler" is synonymous with some of the darkest moments in Disneyland history. His decisions in the 90's were almost all bad and because of him, I blame the onslaught of Attraction disasters that have killed park guests due to maintenance reasons on him and "T"-don't-check-the-lap-bars-until-they-fail-Irby.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 03-02-2008 at 10:04 PM.

• =)

Wikipedia is supposed to be completely unbiased, within reasonable bounds. The article was not unbiased in its prior presentation. I agree that Pressler's legacy was/is not a good one, but honestly, the tone of the Wikipedia article on Hitler is more neutral than the Pressler article was.

• Missing an Angel

If it makes you feel any better, his brick in the Esplanade looks like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    What do I think?

I think it is a total waste of time to worry about what others think of Paul Pressler, Why in the world someone is bothered about what others think of Pressler is beyond me.

Just how long ago did Pressler leave DL anyway, I think you are hanging on to something you have no control over. On a scale of 1 to 10 worring about Pressler ranks a -100

I just threw it out there as a conversation piece, not because I am losing sleep over Presslers legacy :-) Sorry if I came off a bit too passionate about the entires -- we all know Wikipedia's integrity suffers from the open-editing nature that made it so great in the first place. I do think these wikipedia entry changes are similar to lying on a resume though. I guess thats why I don't like reading what is there now.

As for it ranking a -100 on your scale?? Is that why you commented on this thread?! ;-)
    Ryborg

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Wikipedia is supposed to be completely unbiased, within reasonable bounds. The article was not unbiased in its prior presentation. I agree that Pressler's legacy was/is not a good one, but honestly, the tone of the Wikipedia article on Hitler is more neutral than the Pressler article was.
    Thats a great point.
    Ryborg

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

probbly because im always spitting on it
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• =)

Thats a great point.
    I'm glad you think so--I was certainly less willing to hear that sort of "nonsense" when I first started contributing to Wikipedia. I was being told that it wasn't appropriate for me to refer to a passage of music as "amazing" or "awe-inspiring", no matter how much I enjoyed it and no matter how technically accurate and helpful the rest of my writing was...but something just didn't click for me at first. Now I get it.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    probbly because im always spitting on it
    Spit harder, it has to seep through my "Turn Your Teeth Black" Joke Gum, a mega-wad of which I mashed on P-man's brick back in '05.

• =)

I'm glad you guys are doing your duty to Pressler by maintaining the regime of uncleanliness he so proudly hoisted on the resort.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast