Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

closing times too early?

Hey I have always wondered why is it that sometimes Disneyland closes at 8 p.m.? It opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 8, do you think those hours are too short? What if a family visits from another state or something, if someone is making their 1st time visit. Do you think they should be open later than 8 at night? If it were up to me, I'd say keep it open till 10 at least. And have more entertainment out. The weekday offseason sucks.

• It's all nonsense

Re: closing times too early?

If the park is scheduled to be open from 10-8, then it will probably be a ghost town and you won't have any problem getting on all the rides.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by startours1 View Post
    Hey I have always wondered why is it that sometimes Disneyland closes at 8 p.m.? It opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 8, do you think those hours are too short? What if a family visits from another state or something, if someone is making their 1st time visit. Do you think they should be open later than 8 at night? If it were up to me, I'd say keep it open till 10 at least. And have more entertainment out. The weekday offseason sucks.
    Perhaps there are more guests who are NOT making their first visit to DL ever in the "offseason."
    Also, if it is less busy, then a family can get everything they want to get done in one day. Except for Fantasmic!, of course. They won't be waiting in lines all day.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

It wouldn't bother me if they shifted the day by an hour.

Open @ 11AM and closed @ 9PM...

Its really hard to get there before six after work. The extra hour would come in handy...

However, I don't think they are going to change operating hours because I can't get there until 6PM.

A boy can dream...
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I love it when the park closes at 8. I can swing by after work, get there about 4:30, go on about 8 rides, eat, and still be home to catch the last 15 minutes of American Idol. And if you think I'm kidding, I'm not.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Monday through Thursday in the off season - 8pm closing seems good - that way you can still get home and get ready for the next day.

I see no problems with this. If it was Friday or Saturday - then yeah, it would be a problem.

Those operating hours are perfect for the crowds of that day. It also means the efficiency is at the maximum, with very little time spent cycling empty ride vehicles.

• Senior Minion

I would love to see the park open a little later during the week, but I'm sure the numbers of people currently don't justify it or it would be. I think this could certainly change though, there already isn't much offseason and if DCA's expansion is succesful, I wouldn't be suprised to see the park open a little later more of the year. Especially, if the World of Color becomes a big draw at DCA at night it could justify keeping both parks open later.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I love it when the park closes at 8. I can swing by after work, get there about 4:30, go on about 8 rides, eat, and still be home to catch the last 15 minutes of American Idol. And if you think I'm kidding, I'm not.
    Unfortunately, I know you are not kidding.

But I think the closing time thing is pretty lame, especially an weekdays. And super especially DCA on weekdays!

The Parks should stay open until 2AM every night. Last call and all that.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Animatronic

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Unfortunately, I know you are not kidding.

But I think the closing time thing is pretty lame, especially an weekdays. And super especially DCA on weekdays!

The Parks should stay open until 2AM every night. Last call and all that.
    The parks are quite magical after sunset. In the 80's, when I first got my annual pass, Disneyland was open till 3am on Saturday and 2am on Sunday.

• I'm a fiddle player......

I remember going o dl as a kid on a weekday and the park closing at 6pm, so 8 seems pretty good. Plus it's pretty dead on those days, you can get on all the rides and actually get closer to the characters. All you might miss is the fireworks or fantasmic!

• The line's too long...

Well, it's better than Knott's (closes at 6PM) and Legoland (closes at 5PM)... though I'd also support the 11AM opening and 9PM closing in the offseason.

It is a little inconvenient, but even when I get there at six I find myself able to go on most of the essentials. I could really get behind the 11am to 9pm schedule though.

If you're planning a major trip on one of the early close days, just get there early and you will definitely get the full Disneyland experience of meeting characters, seeing shows/parades, and going on the rides. Doing things one "spoke" of the park's wagon wheel map at a time helps.

Uh, and if you REALLY are nervous about making good time, stay away from DCA. That place sucks time with all the walking from one unconnected point to another. If you do go to DCA, make sure to consult a map before taking any "shortcuts" because anything that could be a shortcut is most likely a dead end.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

My goodness. what would you all have done back in the Stone Age...DL (park, not "resort") actually closed all day Mondays and Tuesdays...then til 6PM through Friday, 7PM on weekends.

And no annual passes. The horror!

I miss the off-season. There isn't one, anymore.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

People got work and school on the weekdays!!!!

There was one time that the park closed at 9 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast