Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Angry Down with the picture takers!!!

No, I'm not talking about the average joe taking pictures on his trip to Disneyland. I'm talking about the cast members who are stationed at different popular photo spots throughout the park (Sleeping Beauty Castle, Big Thunder Trail in front of the pond.) I don't necessarily have a problem with the photo takers being there; what I have a problem with is that every single time you walk by they call out to you trying to get you to stop so they can take your picture, constantly soliciting you. It would be a nice service if the cast members with cameras were stationed near popular photo spots, so that a visitor who was without a camera could approach them and ask one of these cast members to take their picture. That would be just fine. I'm not sure exactly why it bothers me so much. I think it just seems like something that is done at a lesser place, like for instance the State Fair, or a Six Flags theme park. Disneyland just seems too classy for this kind of thing. What do you guys think?

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Re: Down with the picture takers!!!

Yeah there almost as bad as the ones at knotts who won't take no for an answer.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Boozer, User, and Loser

It's frustrating when I see them. I don't make eye contact and continue walking. I wish they weren't there, because sometimes they really harass you sometimes.

• That's Hawt

I always feel kind of bad for them and I usually stop and let them take my picture ... it isn't their fault that that is their job position! I mean, seriously! Sure, they could be A LITTLE less annoying but how long does it really take to stop and pose for two pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Classic Animation

Some of them even follow you when you say no thank you. Six Flags or Disney?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Some of the shots come out really nice, like the ones with Tink in the hand. Also Norma was great while taking our C.O.W. shots in front of the statues! She took a couple professional ones and must have taken 10 or so from our personal cameras! Went to City Hall and complimented her there!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

I find the ones at the entrace of DCA are the most annoying. They never leave me and my friends alone. But the funny thing is in desperation for any kind of job I applied to work as one of those people. I promise to be less annoying trust me!

• off in lala land

I enjoy the phototakers being there in DL. If you want to capture just the right moment, you can snag someone quickly. They have also been very courteous to us when we are trying to take a group picture by offering to take the picture for us so everyone is included in the shot, of course they snap a pic for the park, but I don't mind it at all. They also help out with making suggestions of placements, standings, etc. They may be a bit overbearing at times, but it's not their fault that is their job, they just want to make sure your experience is captured, remember a lot of the people that go to the park, aren't AP holders, they are on family vacations. DL understands this, and doesn't mind making a little profit on capturing the memories.

Just wait for the moment when you want to take this really awesome photo, and they aren't there.
    ...it's been a long time.

The picture takers by DL and DCA don't seem so bad. I've never really had a problem with them if I say "no thank you" they tend to move on to the next person, and it doesn't really take that long to stop and get a couple of quick snapshots taken if I feel like it. I really don't see it as a big deal.

Make them go away.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, this is a sore subject with us Cauldron girls. When we went to have them take our picture--4 of them, to be exact--in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle, we specifically asked that the castle, itself, be in the backgound. But when we went to look at them, later, before we bought them, we were very disappointed by what we saw. Instead of a picture with us Cauldron girls in the foreground and the castle in the background, it was a close up of just US!! Well, my gosh!!! What's the point in having just a picture of us without the castle?!

ORGOCH: Well, heck!! I don't blame the photo gal one bit!! I mean, look what she had ta work with!!! A fat blob that needed one a them there wide angle lenses befer she could ever git YER fat rump roast in the picture!!

ORDDU: Maybe, but I did think it was odd that--despite our requests to make sure the picture came out a certain way, the woman argued with us and insisted she was a professional who knew what she was doing. Professional indeed!!

ORWEN: That's what I say! I mean, we even asked if we could see the picture in her little view finder thing--right after she took it--and she said she wasn't allowed to let anybody do that. (At Disney World they often offer to let you see the results, first, and ask if you want it taken over--but not at Disneyland!)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think Disney knows that if we really wanted our picture taken, we would go out of our way and take the time to have it done...i.e. Pooh corner, etc. To station a battalion of annoying photographers across the entrance to the park is a blatant example of over marketing. "Hi welcome to Disneyland! Thank you for your $280.00 for the five of you to get in here! Now before you do anything else, let us take more time out of your schedule so we can charge you some outrageous fee for a picture you jolly well could take yourself!" The picture takers should definitely go.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey
    I enjoy the phototakers being there in DL. If you want to capture just the right moment, you can snag someone quickly. They have also been very courteous to us when we are trying to take a group picture by offering to take the picture for us so everyone is included in the shot, of course they snap a pic for the park, but I don't mind it at all. They also help out with making suggestions of placements, standings, etc. They may be a bit overbearing at times, but it's not their fault that is their job, they just want to make sure your experience is captured, remember a lot of the people that go to the park, aren't AP holders, they are on family vacations. DL understands this, and doesn't mind making a little profit on capturing the memories.

Just wait for the moment when you want to take this really awesome photo, and they aren't there.
    I totally agree! Not that I get to go to Disneyland all that often but they have never bothered me that much. Remember on 7/17 we had a few standing right there and we still had to ask one of them to take our group picture? And for those who are there on a once in a lifetime family trip, they probably get a big relief to get that picture of them all together. Although, when we were at WDW last year, they always, always offered to also take one with our camera - which made it even better.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• keh!

they annoy me sometimes but i just don't make eye contact and walk along the sides of DCA. they're not as bad as those Universal Studios solicitors who try to get you to sign up for a universal chase card so you can get a free bag. two of them will literally follow you a good 30 feet when you keep saying NO.

• Mentat

[QUOTE=HiddenMickey] remember a lot of the people that go to the park, aren't AP holders, they are on family vacations. [QUOTE]

That would be my perspective, and I would just assume have the chance of a really cool photo being taken...after all, it's free unless I like the way it comes out.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast