• Minion

Motorcycle parking?

OK. After 2 years since my last AP expired, I FINALLY got a new one for my B-day in Feb! YAY! My question is, not that I ride a motorcycle (I dont have a car), where do I park? In all my visits to the park, I have not ever seen a motorcycle in the Mickey and Friends parking lot. Anyone know where to park my bike?

Here is my bike, for anyone wondering, and NO, there are no hidden Mickey's on it

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Motorcycle parking?

There are Motorcycle Parking areas on the first floor (Chip & Dale) of the Parking Structure. (Seperate from cars so you won't find someone backed into one bike and dominoed the whole row...)

Make a left after the tollbooths, then left again towards the Handicapped spaces - IIRC the Motorcycle area is well marked and near the East (EXIT) end of the structure on the North side - near the middle of the building. Or let the Parking CM's guide you to them, they should be able to point them out.

Good news, they're INDOORS! If we get surprise rain and you need to change into your rainsuit to slog home, you can stay dry till the last possible second. After that, I'm told 'going faster to get less wet' doesn't work...

There are fences and posts in there if you want to bring your big chain and padlock, but that only stops the honest folks. Anyone who makes a practice of 'Filching Motorcycles for Fun and Profit' usually has the big bolt cutters. In On the other hand there are lots of security cameras, and they would probably get nabbed in the act.

They could also send you upstairs to one of the other levels, and you can find an unused corner near the Escalators. But those steep up-ramps were enough fun in a stick car in heavy traffic, I can only imagine the fun of doing it on a bike - falling over is embarassing.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Lackey

It's a bike. Sneak in wherever you can. Toll booths - ha!

(Like that avatar)

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

When I ride my motorcycle, I go to the handicap area, and park along the fence that borders the tram lane. Right as you make the turn to go down that straight that passes over the crosswalk. There is a large open area that doesnt interfere with anyone or anything, The nice thing is that since there are constantly passing trams, it keeps the bike safe. I have left my jacket bunched up and never had a problem. Usually when I leave, a few more bikes have joined mine.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Minion

Great info guys! Thanks! It seems we have a few fellow riders here! Now, im sure the question is a big "NO", but is motorcycle parking free? It is at Knotts. Its not like we take up much room! At 6 Flags, they make me pay 15$ like the rest of the cagers, and park UNDER A TREE! Ick.

My friend, free is a four letter word at Disneyland. They make you pay like the rest, and you even have to sit in the tool booth lines with the rest of the cagers.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Now, now! You are not allowed to call us anything demeaning like "cagers" till after you've filled out your Organ & Tissue Donor Cards and attached them properly to the back of your driver's license. And make sure your family knows about your wishes before the big wreck, you may not be talking to them after.

Remember, with any motorcycle it's not a matter of IF you are going down, it's only a matter of when and how bad. You have to drive as though you are invisible, because you are - and it's worse if you do a lot of lane-splitting and deliberately show up in places where we aren't expecting you to be.

And I can attest to their utter invisibility, having visited LAPD Motors Sergeant (now retired) Uncle Mike in the hospital three times for bad On-Duty wipeouts and crashes, on the kind of bikes (with red lights and ticket books) that people usually take great pains to spot at a distance so they can buff up their Halo...

I'll have to ask, but I think he's killed off at least one example of everything they've ever used - Harley, Moto-Guzzi, BMW and Kawasaki.

--< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Minion

Yes. Trust me, im WELL aware how people in auto's DONT see you. Im ATGATT and have some good armor. Also, I NEVER asume that people will do the correct thing, like NOT turn in front of me at an intersection, and NOT try to "share" my lane on the freeway. Both have already happened more times then I can count, but I was able to dodge them all so far. Unlike most squid or hog riders, im very responsable. I guess ill just get the parking added to my AP.

Yeah, if you ride with the mentality that people in cars are clueless, you will be fine. Riding a motorcycle makes me a better cage driver because I am more aware of my surroundings. I have been riding for 15 years, and have never had an accident. I have however had instances where cars have tried their best to get me! Its funny because after a while, you develop this second nature where you can predict what a driver is going to do based on his body movement in the car.

I have a prem pass, so parking is included. The hard part is pulling up to the booth, putting the bike in neutral, taking off a glove, opening my tank bag, digging for my wallet, get out my pass, and then do it in reverse. All while trying not to hold up the line behind me!

• Minion

Ya, i can emagin. I love riding to Knotts for Knotts Scarry Farm. Free motorcycle parking spots, right in front of the main gate! Thats how it should be! Its not like we take up much room, and we are very echinomical. I get better mileage like a Preius! Cant beat having THIS much fun, at 60MPG