Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney bricks? (Merged threads)

I just had a question for anyone who knows. I was trying to find out information about the personalized bricks in the front of Disneyland resort that you cane buy. If anyone knows how I can find out prices and stuff like that, could they let me know? Thanks.

• Disneyland TechnoWeinie

Re: Disney bricks?

There is a customer service booth to the far left of the DL entrance gates, and there are brochures / order forms there. Or just call Customer service and they will get you setup. I had a form here somerwheres, but its about $130 / $150 per brick. No company names, no foul language, and you can put on one of about 3 designs. There is a special design for CM's also.

One thing I didn't see on the order form was how long it takes from ordering to when your brick gets installed.

I was going to do it, but it seemed like another money grab from DL, so I kind of avoided it. It might be kinda neat, though.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Applegeek View Post
    There is a customer service booth to the far left of the DL entrance gates, and there are brochures / order forms there. Or just call Customer service and they will get you setup. I had a form here somerwheres, but its about $130 / $150 per brick. No company names, no foul language, and you can put on one of about 3 designs. There is a special design for CM's also.

One thing I didn't see on the order form was how long it takes from ordering to when your brick gets installed.

I was going to do it, but it seemed like another money grab from DL, so I kind of avoided it. It might be kinda neat, though.
    My reason for not doing this is that there is no promise that the brick will be maintained, and the bricks are only "guaranteed" for 10 years or so (I believe that was the time stated when I initially considered the venture, could be more or less now).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

It does take a few months before you see your paver installed. 12wks I think it took for ours, but that was during the 2005/06 50th celebration, so it might have been due to the backlog they had to work thru.

Still really cool to see it everytime we visit.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

In Jan a friend and I stopped into city hall and inquired about these bricks. they install as they get enough for a "block" it's currently about 10 weeks.

The bricks are about $150 each, plus you can get a wood or acrylic replica for about $35 IIRC.

My lit says no memorials, company names, nicknames, slogans or salutations.

They are guaranteed 10 years but many have been there longer!

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x3927436e2 That has a phone number for more info

Anda dofferent searh brought up this, about bricks being moved during future DCA construction: http://www.ocregister.com/news/calif...venture-guests
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Some of these poor bricks are worse for the wear. I always feel badly for the folks whose bricks have missing medallions, etc. I wanted one for a long time, but, never did buy one. Now, I don't want it, because I am afraid in a few years they will tear them out.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Some of these poor bricks are worse for the wear. I always feel badly for the folks whose bricks have missing medallions, etc. I wanted one for a long time, but, never did buy one. Now, I don't want it, because I am afraid in a few years they will tear them out.
    I have actually seen those medallions replaced. So they do try too replace them in a reasonable time.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Comin' at ya!

Why wouldn't they let you have a momorial? A simple "In love of ____" seems harmless.

What CAN You put on it? I've always been curious and to be honest, I thought it was some special thing....I had no iidea anyone could do it for a price!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

The medallions are only available if you're a passholder, I think. I THINK they're still available. I'm not quite sure though. They also have a mickey, wedding bells, the castle. I'm not sure what else. I swear I saw an application online. I'll try to find it again.

You can put names, dates and locations - I'm not sure what else.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    Why wouldn't they let you have a memorial? A simple "In love of ____" seems harmless.

What CAN You put on it? I've always been curious and to be honest, I thought it was some special thing....I had no idea anyone could do it for a price!
    That is an interesting question, plenty of other establishments allow such memorials. My only thought is that Disney does not want to be associated with death, even if it is in a positive light. At the same time it is easy to get around that rule... just put the person's name... Disney doesn't know the person so they would have no clue if the individual is dead or alive. I always thought the ILM was a waste of space personally, if their name is on it then it is a memory and if they didn't put it in then obviously someone else loves them.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Here's something I posted the last time this came up:
    How to Get A Disneyland "Brick" Thursday, 17 May 2007 Bubblegum used to be a way to memorialize your visit to Disneyland- an outstretched arm on the Matterhorn could leave your flavorless dull pink mark on the ride, and on the park. But alas, with the wave of a putty knife, the memorials would be gone. Now Disneyland has a more permanent way to immortalize yourself - with an approved commemorative paver stone.

The stones are located in the space between Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. The stones carry a Disney logo (choose between several), the name of an individual, couple or family, and a date. They are 8" octagons. The commemorative paver stones have a one time $150 fee, and for an extra $35.00, you can get a wood or acrylic replica for display at home.

Some families make it a tradition to stop by and see their stone, and get a family picture on each visit. The pavers can make a special way to memorialize a loved one who is a part of special memories at Disneyland, and, although memorial specific messages aren't allowed, the name, and a birthdate or anniversary or the date of passing could be a thoughtful way to keep them close to Disneyland.
    Disneyland commemorative stones or "Disneyland Bricks" are available by calling 800-760-3566.
    Last Updated ( Monday, 10 September 2007 )
    from: http://ratcage.com/disneyland-articl...and-brick.html
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• "I Break Things"

Too bad Pressler isn't around... otherwise I'd say the bubblegum would last longer!

• Minion

I thought most of the Disney Bricks were back at TDA ...

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Why wouldn't they let you have a momorial? A simple "In love of ____" seems harmless.
    mabye this will stop people from spreading ashes on rides?

seriously though i would ove to have a brick but it seems like a lot of money
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• no flash photography...

read the fine print. Like most sells what they tell you verbally and what is in writing id different. the fine print made me not want to buy one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast