View Poll Results: what disney film needs it's own dark ride in fantasyland?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cinderella

4 6.15%
  • Sleeping Beauty

12 18.46%
  • Beauty and The Beast

31 47.69%
  • Marry Poppins

11 16.92%
  • other-explain

7 10.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 1375 miles away

Re: what classic Disney film NEEDS it's own Fantasyland dark ride?

Seeing as how Cinderella is one of the most popular princesses she seems deserving of representation.

Oooh, although it's not on the poll, I do think Robin Hood would be a good one!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I chose Beauty and the Beast. It fits well with the Fantasyland theme.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I chose OTHER because it wouldn't let me pick two.

I say Cinderella and Mary Poppins........

I do think Robin Hood would be a good one!
    yeah

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

beauty and the beast

noone make s a better dark ride then gaston!!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

i would say the Legend of Sleepy Hollow should have a dark ride

(i'm sorry if anyone said that)

• Fancy that...

sorry about the poll issues, i'll add some more options if I can figue out how to do it. however the sword in the stone already has representation, the sword ceremony thing with Merlin. It wasn't that much of a classic, was it? but then, who's even seen mr. Toad? Still don't find it likely that that would happen if there was a choice of a new dark ride

as for my opinion(still havn't voted yet) I think that Beauty and The Beast AND Cinderella could have their own dark ride, and then Mary Poppins can get her own dark ride in DCA's backlot, since it's a classic live action AND cartoon movie, and plus, if they ever put in a Great movie ride-ish thing, they can have the ride vehicles for that GMR go threw that show building for mary oh, and my outide building architecture idea would still apply in DCA.. and didn't Tony Baxter have an idea to put a Mary Poppins dark ride in FL? I remember that it was supposed to go were the PFF is now..

I'd like to see a Black Cauldron darkride or Sleepy Hollow darkride. If it would fit, I think a Hunchback flume ride would be awesome. Ride in small flumes made to look like gargoyles (think of a raingutter gargoyle). Fun Topsy Turvey sequence with many AAs, a drop into Court of Miracles, and a large drop over the edge of Notre Dame as they pour the hot lead upon the soldiers below.

But realistically, I think a Sleepy Hollow or Black Cauldron darkride is a good choice, a ride that needs to tell a story instead of being a sequence of scenes because it isn't one of those well-known films. We also know Disney guests do like a touch of darkness in our entertainment so such an attraction would be a big success with teens who feel most of Fantasyland is too kiddie oriented.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Out of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, and Mary Poppins, I don't think any of them NEED one, and definitely not in Disneyland, but I feel that Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast have more to work with. Sleeping Beauty had the walk through at Disneyland and a lot of those scenes could be translated to life size with great effect.

Cinderella, if you think about it, takes place in only TWO locations. The house and the castle. That's not much of a journey and wouldn't make for much of a ride.

Mary Poppins would be an interesting choice, but what land? Main Street? Hmmm... maybe Epcot? hahaha.

Aladdin is a great premise for a dark ride. Steal the ride mechanism from Peter Pan and change it to Flying Carpets. It could quite literally show you a whole new world. But I don't think "dark ride" necessarily should mean short kiddie ride. I think if they build a new Aladdin ride like this, it should be pretty big with higher capacity. I think a lot of guests would get a kick out of it.

The Jungle Book is a property that I'm really pushing for in Animal Kingdom. It takes place in Asia so put it in Asia. The way I see it, every park needs a "pirates" type attraction that all can enjoy. I see the jungle book as something that could easily be a popular boat attraction that follows the story of Mowgli the Man Cub. Full on animatronics everywhere, music, songs, a huge scene with a ton of monkeys, and a climax with Shere Khan and a tail caught on fire. The end of the ride would be US the guest going back to the man village where we belong but of course Baloo beckons us back as we depart.

The Lion King is also a good property for a good attraction. I'm thinking Animal Kingdom as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Out of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, and Mary Poppins, I don't think any of them NEED one, and definitely not in Disneyland, but I feel that Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast have more to work with. Sleeping Beauty had the walk through at Disneyland and a lot of those scenes could be translated to life size with great effect.

Cinderella, if you think about it, takes place in only TWO locations. The house and the castle. That's not much of a journey and wouldn't make for much of a ride.

Mary Poppins would be an interesting choice, but what land? Main Street? Hmmm... maybe Epcot? hahaha.

Aladdin is a great premise for a dark ride. Steal the ride mechanism from Peter Pan and change it to Flying Carpets. It could quite literally show you a whole new world. But I don't think "dark ride" necessarily should mean short kiddie ride. I think if they build a new Aladdin ride like this, it should be pretty big with higher capacity. I think a lot of guests would get a kick out of it.

The Jungle Book is a property that I'm really pushing for in Animal Kingdom. It takes place in Asia so put it in Asia. The way I see it, every park needs a "pirates" type attraction that all can enjoy. I see the jungle book as something that could easily be a popular boat attraction that follows the story of Mowgli the Man Cub. Full on animatronics everywhere, music, songs, a huge scene with a ton of monkeys, and a climax with Shere Khan and a tail caught on fire. The end of the ride would be US the guest going back to the man village where we belong but of course Baloo beckons us back as we depart.

The Lion King is also a good property for a good attraction. I'm thinking Animal Kingdom as well.

good choices, I would like to see ones done for

The Jungle Book ~ in a Fantasyland style
    101 Dalmatians ~ almost getting in a car accident with Cruella
    Hercules ~ ride Pegasus - Peter Pan style ~ come face to face with Hades and the Titans, etc.
    Mulan ~ face the avalanche

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I've been thinking about the same thing for years! I love this idea! Obviously, not appropriate to FL, but this could be a great ride.

I could see an Indy/Pirates-like ride over Agrabah. Not too toony, and definitely not a kiddie ride, adult theming and a few small thrills. I would love to see a new ride system for this though, maybe a little Indy and a little of Pan all rolled into one. Could be amazing...(Especially if it really felt like flying!)

Could fit in DAK, TDS, Adventureland's with the space, (No way to fit in DL without losing something or placing it where it doesn't belong, which sucks!) Might be a perfect Eticket for a third Anaheim park though.

• Disney Geek

Cinderella would be good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12