• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Friday (3/7) In The Park - Enchanted, Jungle Cruise And Fantasmic Are Back.

Yesterday afternoon my daughter and I went to the park around 3 in the afternoon. Much to my surprise Disneyland was not as crowded as I expected. Yes, there were groups of cheerleaders but the ones I saw acted just fine

Not so crowded by New Orleans

and not very crowded for Haunted Mansion. Short wait in the afternoon and a walk on at 11 PM.

We got into the park just as the Enchanted pre-parade was coming into town square.

From Main Street we could hear the shots being fired over on the Jungle Cruise and knew it must be open and so headed over. Yep ... it was open.

The water is clean and sparkling and some of the jungle has been pruned and trimmed. Looked very nice.

It was a lovely, clear, warm day

These were taken over by Sleeping Beauty Castle of some window displays that we thought were cute

There is now a tarp around the carousel

The flowering trees in the Hub are beginning to bloom. In a few weeks they will be a mass of pink flowers

The flower bed around the statue is vibrant

More window displays at The Emporium

Easter bonnet anyone?

We did watch the parade at 6:30 and sat where the Rhino is show stopped. I get such a kick out of him. My daughter took some pictures of him and other things and I will try to upload those later.

We also went on Indy Jones which stopped a lot turning the ride due to back ups at the loading area (we think).

Around 8 PM we got some bench seats back near Plaza Pavilion for Remember. It was nice to be able to sit on a bench instead of standing or sitting on the ground. Had an excellent view of the Matterhorn for Tinkerbells descent. But Tink got stuck. She came out a little way doing her thing and that was it. Off went the spot light and the show continued. We could see her slowly being pulled along (I am guessing they have a way to manually pull her in) the length of the cable over to the tree. We also noticed they did not do the fire effect on either side of the castle for the Indiana Jones segment.

From there we headed over for the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic. We got pretty good seats but after the show started we realized we were in between the water screens. The wind was blowing and we got drizzled on pretty good. We loved what they have done to the show and the lighting, sound and pyro are top notch. To read more and see photos from last nights performance, you can read Club 33 Mikes report here.

The one funny thing that happened to my daughter is prefaced with this statement: WATCH OUT FOR LOW FLYING DUCKS! As we were walking on the street near the Hub we noticed ducks swooping around and then two came in from behind us and one hit my daughters head and I either felt the the wing or the rush of the wind. We both ducked and were startled. A couple sitting nearby on the benches just started cracking up.

Here is my daughter with Bert and Mary. Hope you enjoyed my little report.

Last edited by Wendygirl; 03-08-2008 at 03:02 PM.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Friday (3/7) In The Park - Enchanted, Jungle Cruise And Fantasmic Are Back.

Very nice shots! Thanks for sharing!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Better to be hit by the actual duck than something else.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    The flowering trees in the Hub are beginning to bloom. In a few weeks they will be a mass of pink flowers

The flower bed around the statue is vibrant

It sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon and evening at Disneyland!

Thanks so much for the lovely pictures. Everything looks so beautiful. I've been looking forward to the trees flowering in the Hub again. Spring is my favorite time of year, when everything looks so new and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl
    Hope you enjoyed my little report.
    I did, very much!

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Great trip report! sounds like a great day at the resort.

But does anyone know what these trees are called?
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks Wendy. The few shots you had of the jungle cruise did look clean. Can't wait to ride it.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Thank you for a great report!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I love seeing pictures of the foliage. The flower beds at the hub are beautiful! Thanks for posting pics and great TR!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

The one funny thing that happened to my daughter is prefaced with this statement: WATCH OUT FOR LOW FLYING DUCKS! As we were walking on the street near the Hub we noticed ducks swooping around and then two came in from behind us and one hit my daughters head and I either felt the the wing or the rush of the wind. We both ducked and were startled. A couple sitting nearby on the benches just started cracking up.
    Loved your pictures and report. It quacks me up that the ducks made you duck.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Great report!

So, it's not just the strollers you have to look out for, now? Maybe the ducks were too busy sightseeing, to see where they were flying.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Great Trip Report. It's good to see the Jungle Cruise finally back and going !

• Still lost in Neverland

Cool report and your pictures came out fine. Glad you had such a nice day at the Park and wish I could have been there. I can hardly wait to see all the improvements to Fantasmic and Jungle Cruise. Hope I can go sometime soon before my Pass expires in May. Funny about the ducks. I wonder if Donald was in there somewhere? Also the Hub looks really pretty and those pink trees are going to be beautiful soon.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm sure someone knows what those trees are, someone like Fishy who knows a lot of botanical names. Also we had seen the ducks flying low as we walked and were remarking on them when they swooped in on us

Here is the photo my daughter took of the Rhino during the parade. I got him to come over to me and gave him a big hug but daughter didn't get a photo of that. She did get him coming over to people a little farther away. I love to watch him perform and interact with the crowd while they are waiting to move on.