Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Blind to His Own Faults

Re: "Because the dream of a good life is everyone's dream."

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Ouch.

Modern figures can be treated historically. Certainly you can treat Sidney Poitier as a historically significant black figure and he's not dead either. But I suppose since (heaven forbid) I like Fantasmic that you can't trust me for anything, eh, swab?
    Grouchy Rob would chastise me at this point (and deservedly so) for not using the smiley thing. It was written in a playful spirit--I suppose it didn't translate well. Apologies for the misunderstanding.
    Ground-breaking accomplishments in ANY field are worth historical note, IMO. But we aren't talking about Sidney Poitier, are we ? Oprah would be a decent choice, though, IMO.

(I think Whoopi Goldberg's 'contributions' to Black History are insignificant [if there truly are any real contributions], and her career as an entertainer has little historical impact to merit extensive study, IMO)
    The Fantasmic! thing does, of course, mark you as suspicious to me ( ), but I always attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt .

Grouchy Rob: once again, I stray from your path of Wisdom. Mea Culpa (note above smileys).
    Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 03-10-2008 at 01:49 PM.

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I believe it's entertainment value is directly related to ones Blood Alcohol Content! They both rise exponentially with each sip!
    Does anybody know how far it is from Cove Bar to Golden Dreams?
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

I wasn't arguing whether or not she was, in fact, an important figure. You can, however, study her as one (and you can find that she has either a small or big impact).

• "I Break Things"

Off topic, but I feel there are plenty of modern individuals who have made far greater contributions then Whoopi, and are far more deserving of a report... Oprah among others would definitely be higher on that list IMO.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I saw Golden Dreams for the first time yesterday. I think if my party hadn't just finished our margaritas, we might not have made it through. I mean no offense to those who enjoy it, but it wasn't my thing.

On a related note, for those who are looking for historical accuracy, my friend (who is a Marx Brothers expert) wanted me to point out that the Marx Brothers would not have been anywhere near Louis Mayer if they could help it - he hated them, and they hated him. I told him I'd pass it along- fun facts!
    Last edited by SilentDante; 03-10-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Historical Accuracy
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12