Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dark Side Full

"Because the dream of a good life is everyone's dream."

"So, you.

You.

You keep those dreams alive."

This is just a message from one fan of Califia and Golden Dreams...

Please keep the show in some form during the face lift of Disney's California Adventure.

The content is both educating and entertaining. Not to mention, the closing song is like a Hallmark card for the ears.

"So, if there's anything you ever need just let me know.

You may never see me, but I'll be right your side.

You guys take care."

"Ma'am, you forgot your bag."
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

• Dream in wonderful color!

Re: "Because the dream of a good life is everyone's dream."

I love Golden Dreams. The musical score is one of my favorites in DCA, along with Seasons of the Vine. Not many people will agree with me but I will definitely be sad the day it closes forever.

I'm in the same boat with both of you. I love Golden Dreams, and I'll be sad to see it go as well. Haven't seen it in a while now that I think about it...we tend to walk by about 5 minutes after a show starts, and none of the group wants to wait 25 minutes for it.

It's too bad there wasn't enough room for a California museum similar to the setup "The First 50 Magical Years" has across the street. Perhaps then more people would be willing to wait longer.

If it does have to go, I'm glad the show audio & theme song are floating around the internet (or CD for the latter).

• no flash photography...

I've never seen this...maybe I should make an attempt before it is gone.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Well I must admit that Golden Dreams is one of those attractions that I hate to admit I like. By itself it really is a good film, with stunning visuals and cinematography.

A couple weeks ago I took my son who is in the 3rd grade to the DLR and I was shocked when he told me he wanted to see "the Whoopi Goldberg Movie". This was an odd choice to me so I asked him why, and he told me that for a report he had to do for Black History Month (February) he chose to do it on Whoopi Goldberg. Which I thought was cute because the only way he would know about her would be from the banner that hangs from the Palace of Fine Arts.

I asked him what he learned about Whoopi Goldberg and he told me she started performing in night clubs and then she did her first movie with Steven Spielberg.

After the movie I asked him what his favorite part was. He said it was where they showed George Lucas -- makes sense in that he is the biggest Star Wars fan ever!

It was nice to take him to see it. I didn't think he would be interested but it was nice to be able to take him to see it before it goes away forever.

And his idea of a Little Mermaid ride replacing it -- remember he is a 9 year old boy -- is a very emphatic "Nooooo!!!". Lol

• Defying gravity

I love Golden Dreams too. I've gone to see it every trip since 2001!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    A couple weeks ago I took my son who is in the 3rd grade to the DLR and I was shocked when he told me he wanted to see "the Whoopi Goldberg Movie". This was an odd choice to me so I asked him why, and he told me that for a report he had to do for Black History Month (February) he chose to do it on Whoopi Goldberg. Which I thought was cute because the only way he would know about her would be from the banner that hangs from the Palace of Fine Arts.
    Yet another indictment of the CA public education system that Whoopi Goldberg would be allowed as an acceptable choice to focus study on for Black History Month (was 'Scary Spice' taken already?). Is your boy's class self-directed, or do they actually have a teacher?

There's no problem with studying modern figures in a historic sense.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    There's no problem with studying modern figures in a historic sense.
    No problem for you, obviously. I expect more from public education, I suppose. Whoopi Goldberg as a black historical figure is laughable to me.

• Minion

I hate to say it. But, I'll miss it, too! It got me every time!

• A Weather Eye Open

my mom is a teacher, and she says she wishes it were at least available on dvd or something so that you can show it to classes learning about california history.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• "I Break Things"

I believe it's entertainment value is directly related to ones Blood Alcohol Content! They both rise exponentially with each sip!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I admit, I don't see it every trip due to the long wait between shows, but I have intentions of seeing it. I really like the educational aspect of it, along with the finale song, which are things lacking in newer Disney attractions. At very least, I think it needs to be made available on DVD as well as video of several other soon-to-be-removed DCA icons.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I was actually going to write a new thread about Golden Dreams, but it was more about whether or not Whoopi Goldberg was a poor choice in casting. I say this because the film has merits. It's well shot, has a good solid message (though completely overused in the past few years (dreams)), but the one thing that weirds me out most is WHOOPI FREAKING GOLDBERG.

Even at the entrance she's more like a hanging garland of garlic to all of us vampires. She does more to shoo people away than to invite them in.

The message I got from the film is that wherever you go, Whoopi will be watching. Whether you're relieving yourself in the San Francisco restrooms or riding the Maliboomer... Whoopi (califia) will be there.

No thanks!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    No problem for you, obviously. I expect more from public education, I suppose. Whoopi Goldberg as a black historical figure is laughable to me.
    Ouch.

Modern figures can be treated historically. Certainly you can treat Sidney Poitier as a historically significant black figure and he's not dead either. But I suppose since (heaven forbid) I like Fantasmic that you can't trust me for anything, eh, swab?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast