Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: PPP...it just didn't grab me!

I feel it's a little unfair to officially review the parade just yet as it was a first preview with still many of the elements such as characters and even a possible Cars float.

I hope they leave out the show stops too. The parade was long enough without them and them.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Which will be popular during the summer heat.... but not so much during the fall.
    That's why there's two versions of the parade.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    I feel it's a little unfair to officially review the parade just yet as it was a first preview with still many of the elements such as characters and even a possible Cars float.
    I remember a similar comment being said at the AP preview of Light Tragic... oh yeah... it was Pressler saying it!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I hope they leave out the show stops too. The parade was long enough without them and them.
    I respect what you say Fishbulb, but I don't feel it's unfair to review the parade this early on. It's called *first impressions* and it's normal to evaluate something that's brand new, and either enjoy it or be somewhat critical about it.

And as I mentioned earlier, it's not that I think the parade is horrible, because it certainly does have a lot of potential. It just needs a better dance routine throughout the parade, MORE dancers, and better music. But again, this is just my opinion.

I will give the parade many more chances, but my first initial reaction was not positive. Unlike when I first saw BPB, that knocked me out of my socks, I loved it. So hopefully PPP will get tweaked and be much better, that's what I'm rooting for!

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I respect what you say Fishbulb, but I don't feel it's unfair to review the parade this early on. It's called *first impressions* and it's normal to evaluate something that's brand new, and either enjoy it or be somewhat critical about it.
    Whether or not I feel it's fair you have every right to either review it or whatever. I'm not the boss of you. My take on it is that it's a little premature to hold the creators responsible for what is officially a work in progress until Friday.

The word review to me denotes a final say of the quality of the piece. I prefer to think of it as a "first Impression" as you put it as you seem very open to seeing the parade a few more times before saying whether or not you think it's any good. It's all just semantics but I think we're on the same page.

OH DEAR GOD! I'm being compared to Pressler? Well let me just say that come Friday it's all fair game and it would be totally fair to, in my opinion, let 'em have it if the parade stunk on opening day.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Whether or not I feel it's fair you have every right to either review it or whatever. I'm not the boss of you. My take on it is that it's a little premature to hold the creators responsible for what is officially a work in progress until Friday.

The word review to me denotes a final say of the quality of the piece. I prefer to think of it as a "first Impression" as you put it as you seem very open to seeing the parade a few more times before saying whether or not you think it's any good. It's all just semantics but I think we're on the same page.

OH DEAR GOD! I'm being compared to Pressler? Well let me just say that come Friday it's all fair game and it would be totally fair to, in my opinion, let 'em have it if the parade stunk on opening day.
    LOL! Please don't tell me you're like Paul Pressler, that is such an insult to you! But yes, it'll be fair game if the parade on opening day (3/14) proves to be the same that it has during preview week. I, for one, can only hope they'll be more to it...like dancers!! Gee, you'd think I was obsessed with them, huh? LOL!

So, in all fairness, I will hold my final opinion about the PPP after I see it on Friday. For your sake, I hope it's different!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I think it would be better if they shot bubbles--like in Lawrence Welk and his Champaign music TV show--instead of spraying water. I mean, don't they realize that SOME witches watching the parade might MELT as a result?!?!
    Witches don't actually melt. That was a trick Elphaba played on everyone. She actually disappeared through a trap door and ran off with the Scarecrow.

• =)

I definitely misread the title of this thread as PPP...it didn't just grab me! That had me slightly concerned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    Witches don't actually melt. That was a trick Elphaba played on everyone. She actually disappeared through a trap door and ran off with the Scarecrow.
    Only if you trust Steven Schwartz for your Ozian history.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Whether or not I feel it's fair you have every right to either review it or whatever. I'm not the boss of you.
    In instances like this a ruling from 'the boss' might be helpful. I propose that one should be appointed. I further suggest that since most defer to my superior judgment anyways, just make it official, and give me the job. I can lead you all.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    In instances like this a ruling from 'the boss' might be helpful. I propose that one should be appointed. I further suggest that since most defer to my superior judgment anyways, just make it official, and give me the job. I can lead you all.
    Into tempatation?

• I may be nutz...but...

King Swab...yeah that won't go over well with this gang! You need your own island and tribe to rule!

I don't know about the PPP, I am not a fan of Pixar and I did not care for Block Party Bash, so I reserve judgement til I get squirted with water or bubbles.
    susabelle

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Susabelle View Post
    King Swab...yeah that won't go over well with this gang! You need your own island and tribe to rule!
    C'mon, susabelle--get on board. I'll make you in charge of the women...

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I forgot to mention that I am surprised that they shoot water at people. Its not getting wet that is the problem, its getting the walkways wet. If anyone is familiar with DCA the pavement around the parade route is very smooth. If you have ever been there in the rain it can be very slippery. I'm surprised the lawyers let them get away with this aspect of the show!
    On 3/11, watched the Nemo character operator slip and fall due the the water -- so we're already seeing some problems with the water.

Considering they cancel parades over at Disneyland when it drizzles mostly for the safety of the performers, I find it odd that it's okay to dance, run, stiltwalk and bounce around on wet concrete at DCA.

• =)

Maybe R&D at WDI has figured out a way to prevent water from being wet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast