Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: PPP...it just didn't grab me!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Maybe R&D at WDI has figured out a way to prevent water from being wet.
    Eureka!

...wait, wrong parade.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Jeeze guys will you calm down about the water already. I'm sure Disney has taken the water into consideration when it comes to the stiltwalkers. For all we know they designed the rubber shoes more effectively to work on wet surfaces. If there are performers falling then they definitely need to have more practice being careful and possibly get different shoes.

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Jeeze guys will you calm down about the water already. I'm sure Disney has taken the water into consideration when it comes to the stiltwalkers. For all we know they designed the rubber shoes more effectively to work on wet surfaces. If there are performers falling then they definitely need to have more practice being careful and possibly get different shoes.
    We're not up in arms about it (at least I'm not) -- just concerned for the safety of the performers.

• Magic Making

When i auditioned, the two routine's we did were much harder and faster paced than whats in this parade. And they cut me 2 weeks later over the phone cause my dance skills weren't what they were looking for. I could easily do whats in that parade right now.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    When i auditioned, the two routine's we did were much harder and faster paced than whats in this parade. And they cut me 2 weeks later over the phone cause my dance skills weren't what they were looking for. I could easily do whats in that parade right now.
    When hiring performers, they look for people that can learn and adapt quickly. While you may think, oh, that's easy to perform, keep in mind that the choreography has gone through many changes, and the performers have all needed to pick up on the changes nearly instantaneously. The choreography often starts out more complicated, and gets altered as they find out what does and doesn't work with the movement of the parade floats. And they all had to learn the show stop performance number, which may or may not get used. So when mounting a brand new parade, they tend to be more selective, which they generally can be since they get a lot more applicants.

When someone doesn't get cast, the answer is that there was simply someone that fit the spot better. It could be dancing ability, their height, their look, their smile (or lack of), etc... The show directors have a certain image for each part, which you may not have fit. And why hire just an average dancer when you can hire someone that's an expert?

So try for EP or POD which should have easier auditions, or wait for a remount of Pixar in half a year or so. But if you get hired, don't leak anymore backstage pics or information, as people are watching... and then you'll lose your spot.

• Tower of Tower Nut

Sad Re: PPP...it just didn't grab me!

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    But if you get hired, don't leak anymore backstage pics or information, as people are watching... and then you'll lose your spot.
    Frightful but True!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by TOTnut View Post
    Frightful but True!
    Part of the contract for employment, falls under not releasing trade secrets. Technically they can be fired for taking pictures backstage.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Yo!

^ And they should be. As much as I enjoy seeing pictures like that, it doesn't show much respect for the company to disobey the obvious signage posted everywhere reminding CM's not to take pictures backstage.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    ^ And they should be. As much as I enjoy seeing pictures like that, it doesn't show much respect for the company to disobey the obvious signage posted everywhere reminding CM's not to take pictures backstage.
    It basically boils down to preserving the magic... when you take snapshots and leak info... that is grounds for termination.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I loved!!! the music from the bugs unit!!!.

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by BWthespian View Post
    I loved!!! the music from the bugs unit!!!.
    Girls just wanna have fun? (Excuse me, Bugs just wanna have fun). :-)

• Missing an Angel

I caught the 5:15 parade taday and thought it was a good addition to DCA. The floats are beautiful!! My favorite part was not knowing when you get wet and seeing other people react to the water was hilarious!

The only thing that didn't work was the flames on Jack Jacks head. Oh well, there will be other days.......

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    Girls just wanna have fun? (Excuse me, Bugs just wanna have fun). :-)
    soooooo cute!!!!!!!! Love it! My fav float. but my very favorite part of the parade is actually the beginning when Roz says. "were gonna woop it up.....wooop.....wooop...."
    love it!

•   
    • Senior Minion

We caught the 5:15pm parade yesterday too and loved it! We found great seats across from the Vineyard Room around 4:45pm. Everyone around us was having a great time and the kids seemed to really enjoy it.

• The one, the only...

I have a couple problems with this parade.

First, the water. On a hot day, getting squerted is not big deal, but on a cool or cold day it is very bad. I would not mind bubbles or confetti but not water.

Second, the whole theme being Pixar seems disjointed to me. All of these characters exist in such a different world from each other. There is no theme that holds the parade together. Also it excludes classic Disney characters which kids and adults love too. It does not make sense to segregate Disney from Pixar Characters. They are one company now.

So over all it certainly is not an improvement over BPB.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast