• Sock Puppet

Question Disneyland Parades Themes on CD?

If this idea has come up before on MiceChat, forgive me...it's hard to keep up sometimes...

I was looking at my copy of "Magic in the Streets" the 2002 Disney World CD that showcased their current parade themes. I'm just wondering if Disneyland has ever done this with their past parade songs.

I can think of many Disneyland parades through the years that marached down Main Street to a fun, sprightly tune, usually sung by a signature Disney chorus. Have they ever released some of these, and if so, why not?

Has anyone ever seen the soundtrack to the "Christmas Fantasy Parade" for example? If so, please let me know, I'd love to have it. I can think of a Fifties motorcar-type parade back in the mid-90's that had a fun song I've never heard since, and so on. . .

Just wondering. . .

• Practically Perfect

Re: Disneyland Parades Themes on CD?

I would LOVE to have the 50th Parade of Dreams song on CD! If you've seen it, it's the one with "Welcome" from brother bear mixed with Walt's opening Speach, my friend and I totally GEEKED over it when we first heard it! But I couldn't find it anywhere, not even on the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" two disc CD...

I guess you could always try Ebay or something and you might get lucky...obviously I'm in the same rut you are, but it's an idea...

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    I would LOVE to have the 50th Parade of Dreams song on CD! If you've seen it, it's the one with "Welcome" from brother bear mixed with Walt's opening Speach, my friend and I totally GEEKED over it when we first heard it! But I couldn't find it anywhere, not even on the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" two disc CD...

I guess you could always try Ebay or something and you might get lucky...obviously I'm in the same rut you are, but it's an idea...
    Well, that is because it is not on CD...I want that Parade Soundtrack VERY badly as well. <sighs>

• Practically Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Well, that is because it is not on CD...I want that Parade Soundtrack VERY badly as well. <sighs>
    Yeah...but I should be on the CD...ggrrrrrr...you would think the 50th CD would have the 50th parade theme, but oh well. I can still dream though *sigh as well*

• I Hug My Tapirs

I'm dying for a PoD CD release, too! I really love parade music.

Over at magicmusic.net, Randy Thornton (who produces the WDW and DL park CDs) has mentioned that they are indeed looking into a Parade of Dreams CD release.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

I don't want just the POD music on CD, but ALL the music from parades they have had in the past too! I've always wondered why a CD has never been made with just parade music from the past. And with the 50th here, I would have hoped something like this would have happened. I'm still hoping!

• Minion

I had heard awhile back from another thread that the PoD "Welcome" mix was included on a press/publicity CD that was handed out to certain people (I'm guessing the media) on May 4th. No?
    My finger points.

Wink Re: Disneyland Parades Themes on CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    I agree. I want the POD soundtrack badly also. I looled for it when I was in DL for the 50th but couldn't find it. Although someone (CM?) said it was on one of the "special" CDs for the 50th and to check over at Disneyana or the World of Disney. NADA!
    I have WDW's Magic in the Streets CD of parade music. Of course there are foru parks with four parades and it includes what I call "mood music" from the parks' themes.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Defeats the Huns

I'm interested in getting the Parade of Dreams AND A Christmas Fantasy released! Those two would be AWESOME! And BLOCK PARTY TOO!! I know they are just songs that I can find anywhere... but they're all re-mixed so well!!

Just thinking about the releases of these CDs makes my mouth water... err... ears water?... uh.. you know what I mean!

• Creative Director

What is supposedly holding up the Parade of Dreams release is the contract and royalties. Supposedly there is a whole mess with the royalties to Welcome, because technically it belongs to Phil Collins, not Disney. plus, issues with usage, and royalties to the musicians and singers, and whatnot. I found out that it is pretty complicated.
    Randy Thornton has said that they are looking at doing a POD and BPB cd, but they need to work out a lot things to get it to happen.

If you want Parade of Dreams and Block Party on a cd, let Disney know. I know that seems like they probably won't pay attention, but email them at disneyland anyway. Then they can really find out how many really out there want this music and are willing to pay money for it. that is another incentive for WDR executives to put it out there, if people will actually buy it.
    Also, let Randy Thornton know over at Magicmusic.net. I mean he does know already, but let him know you really want it released anyway.

• Creative Director

As for past parades, most of those probably won't get released due to royalties and contracts issues.
    most were approved for use in the park only, and getting them on a cd would require a ton of work going back and doing lots of things that would get really complicated.
    or so I have been told.

who knows, maybe someday someone will be willing to get it done.
    other than that, I don't see them realistically getting released.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I would be surprised if TONS of 50th Misic-Vids arent out soon.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth