Electrical Parade Followed By Fireworks

As I am planning a two and a half day trip that includes several first time (and likely only time) international visitors to DLR I really want to cram as much as possible in, without exhausting the younger ones! As for entertainment I realized that we only have one night during which nightime entertainment is scheduled. We have decided to skip Fantasmic (I love it, but I know the group won't be able to wait, and I guess best to leave something for next time!) and try and manage both the EP and the fireworks. Is there any way we can do this? Any strategies? EP starts at 8:45 and then the fireworks are 9:25 so I realize theres like a 15 minute break in there. We'll be staying DL concierge so maybe we could get back there in time? Or should we try to go to DL? Or is there anywhere else easy to get to (like some place in the GCH?) that we could make it to in time? Or should I abandon this idea entirely?

Thanks so much!

Re: Electrical Parade Followed By Fireworks

Watch EP in Sunshine Plaza, RUN to DL and watch Fireworks, then watch 10:30 Fantasmic! ( not as crowded)

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I'd say if you head towards the Matterhorn or Small World, those are the best places to go for great last minute fireworks.

Thanks for the (extremely!) quick responses. Have either of you done this before or heard it being done successfully?

As for the sunshine plaza idea my concern is that the parade would pass by around 8:55 from there ending around 9.15 leaving only 10 mins (i think this would be the time frame I may be wrong).

Dantasmic I don't think we would have time to get to the matterhorn or small world - but if you know of a strategy to do so please tell!

I know the time is a crunch here which is why I am really grateful for specific advice.

• I love my family!

Watch the parade by Golden Dreams and then head out through the Grizzly/condor flats route, should save you time to get over to Main Street for the fireworks.

oh ya i forgot it goes from PP to sunshine.
    ya watch it at golden dreams.
    Yes ive done this many times =D

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Watching the Electrical Parade at Golden Dreams is your best bet, then make a dash through GRR and Condor Flats and out DCA. I've done that a few times and can usually get a pretty good spot for Remember and Fantasmic.

• The line's too long...

I've even watched it in the Plaza and left just as the last float was arriving. I got to Main St. just in time for the beginning of the fireworks. And then made it over to a decent spot for Fantasmic. It can be done though you may need to pick up the little ones as they can slow you down.

•   
    • I <3 o

I would do Golden Dreams and dash out, because you'll run into less people at the front gate leaving with you. By the time the parade gets to sunshine plaza it's 9:00 and theres already a large amount of people exiting. Also the firewrks start less than 2 minutes after the gate closes behind the last float.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Yo!

Whatever you end up doing, BOOK IT over to DL like your shoes are on fire. I've done this before, but I arrived in DL right when the fireworks were starting. It's definitely possible, but you have to be diligent.

If you don't want to have to run as far from Golden Dreams, stand in the Sunshine Plaza, but get as close to the entrance as possible (and I mean close as in if you turned around the Golden Gate would be directly behind you). That way, you can still make it out before the rest of the crowds and over to DL in the nick of time.

I'd pretty much rule out trying to make it near the Matterhorn, as disappointing as that is. There's usually a lot of congestion on Main St. which would make progress slow. Plus, you still get a pretty decent view from the Main St. Train Station. That's actually one of my favorite spots.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

yes it is definitely possible to do all 3... but just like everyone else said. you must book it!!!

• Banned User

You should see the Electrical Parade right where it comes out (in-between Pizza Oom Mow Mow & the Maliboomer), & then head straight out. You'll have plently of time.

And Fantasmic shows again at 10:30pm, so that would be easy to see as well if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Watch the parade by Golden Dreams and then head out through the Grizzly/condor flats route, should save you time to get over to Main Street for the fireworks.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy115 View Post
    oh ya i forgot it goes from PP to sunshine.
    ya watch it at golden dreams.
    Yes ive done this many times =D
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    Watching the Electrical Parade at Golden Dreams is your best bet, then make a dash through GRR and Condor Flats and out DCA. I've done that a few times and can usually get a pretty good spot for Remember and Fantasmic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    I would do Golden Dreams and dash out, because you'll run into less people at the front gate leaving with you. By the time the parade gets to sunshine plaza it's 9:00 and theres already a large amount of people exiting. Also the firewrks start less than 2 minutes after the gate closes behind the last float.
    I agree with everyone here. My two brothers and myself watched the parade from Golden Dreams, powerwalked over to DL for Believe Holiday and made it down Main Street with time to spare. I was in the same situation as the OP, my brothers half-brother was in town and I wanted him to see as much as possible.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have to admit - I'm nervous! But hopefully we can do it!

Wasn't it great to watch MSEP on Main Street and then just stay put for the fireworks right after? I didn't realize how good we had it all those years.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails