New Hotel Policy

I was calling today about AP6 rates and was told that there is a new policy when making reservations for onsite hotels that she said came in within the last few days. When you make a ressie, the first night is charged immediately as "deposit". She wasn't really sure what happened if you cancelled but said if you changed your reservation then it would be credited to the new one. Just a heads up.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: New Hotel Policy

Most Hotel or Resort that I have book for Las Vegas ask for One night stay Deposit.
    Most time is 4 day or 48 hours before you check-in, and you cancelled you will get your money back. After that time you will get charge for one night stay.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

This is interesting because I called a few weeks ago to make ressies at the Disneyland hotel in April, and then even called back to see if I needed to charge a night. I was told then that it was not true, but they knew I was familiar with WDW, where this has been in place for years. So, looks like it was good I booked early, and now can wait until I get there to pay.

Thanks for the heads up though!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   

I just made a reservation at the grand Californian yesterday for some out of towners. The guy read out this whole long whole disclosure thing at me when finalizing the reservation.

Bottom line is one night is charged to your account as a deposit. This is pretty standard in the hotel industy now. (I know of few places that actually charge the whole stay!)

Cancellations: If you cancel five days prior to your arrival your credit card will be refunded. It may take up to six weeks for the credit to show up depending on your credit card's billing cycle. However, if you cancel within five days, the one night's deposit is non-refundable. That last bit is also becoming increasingly standard in the hotel industry.

They asked me if I agreed to all that before they charged the card.