Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Playhouse Disney/Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Show - DCA

Wife and I heard there was a 'soft opening' of this show this week......so we headed down today and got front row 'floor' for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show......and Grant didn't know what to do - literally. He didn't know if he should smile, cry, suck his thumb.......dance.....but being that he's 17 months old (tomorrow), this is the first 'theatrical production' that he's seen, so I guess his reaction might even be true for an adult! Well, maybe not completely.

But from my standpoint, or floor-sitting point, I would recommend this show to those of you that have youngsters who watch Playhouse Disney/Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Grant watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse daily.....and love the "Hot Dog Song" at the end of the show.........and that was the only disappointing piece of the show - the "Hot Dog Song" usually performed at the shows end for the Mouseka-Dance, was not in this 'stage show' and it was very disappointing for me because Grant started saying "Hot Dog - Hot Dog" - wanting to hear his favorite song and dance........

Cute show - but is there any way I can 'alert' Disneyland Resort to this, what I consider, a "Hot Dog Song" faux paus?
    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 03-12-2008 at 09:56 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Playhouse Disney/Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Show - DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    He didn't know if he should smile, cry, suck his thumb.......dance.....but being that he's 17 months old (tomorrow), this is his first 'theatrical production' that he's seen, so I guess his reaction might even be true for an adult!
    That is the cutest description! haha! Bummer about the hotdog song.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I'm thinking maybe they couldn't do the hot dog song because, if they are still puppet type characters, the puppets can't move like the ones in the tv do...

However, I'm taking my boy to DCA to see it this weekend. We both look forward to it!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Cute show - but is there any way I can 'alert' Disneyland Resort to this, what I consider, a "Hot Dog Song" faux paus?
    Send an e-mail to the same place you sent one about the small world changes......
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Senior Minion

DD- hey, at least you got to see the show. We showed up at 9:30am yesterday anxiously awaiting the opening of DCAat 10am and then once they opened DCA we waited another 30mins for the first show. With a 2-year old in tow, 60 minutes of waiting was like an eternity . The show started and after they showed all the Disney characters on stage they had a slight malfunction with the puppets. We were so diappointed. My son only got to watch a total of 5 minutes of the show and it was just enough to get him super excited, so he seemed almost more distraught when we had to leave. I made it up to him by sticking around at DLR & DCA yesterday until 8pm so that he could see PPP (which we LOVED) and POD. He quickly forgot about the Playhouse Disney show fiasco and had a great day. We'll try the Playhouse Disney show again after Spring Break when most of the crowds are gone.

• She was sweet as a peach

They have to have the Hotdog Song.
    That song had such an impact on my daughter when she was about 20 months old. Every time she would see Mickey she would exclaim "Hotdog!""

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I'm thinking maybe they couldn't do the hot dog song because, if they are still puppet type characters, the puppets can't move like the ones in the tv do...

However, I'm taking my boy to DCA to see it this weekend. We both look forward to it!
    That's entirely possible, Clara. Hadn't thought about that.....but still...I think they could have 'magically' figured something out....and still done the Hot Dog Song and did some semblance of the Mouseka-Dance

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    They have to have the Hotdog Song.
    That song had such an impact on my daughter when she was about 20 months old. Every time she would see Mickey she would exclaim "Hotdog!""
    Oh I know...I am going to send that letter/email. Grant, my son, always says "Tunnon tunnon" or 'Putton putton" meaning he wants us to turn on or put on the TV and then he'll go and say "Hoddog Hoddog" - so he's infatuated with that song. When we play the CD in the car, he sits in his carseat and wiggles.....to the music.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Send an e-mail to the same place you sent one about the small world changes......
    Thank you NN - I just sent one a moment ago.

• Mouse lovin mama

We're excited to see it next month. We saw the last incarnation, which was cool because my kids were really into Bear in the Big Blue House.

My son is now 4 and really looking forward to The Little Einsteins.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pdxmama View Post
    We're excited to see it next month. We saw the last incarnation, which was cool because my kids were really into Bear in the Big Blue House.

My son is now 4 and really looking forward to The Little Einsteins.
    I think that in all in all, you parents that are taking your kids to see it, will enjoy it! The excitement in my kids eyes - as well as the eyes of ALL the kids was just wonderful.....can't wait to take my boy back to see it again

• Perfect Insanity

I mostly lurk around here but anyways, our little soon to be 18 month old princess LOVES her Playhouse Disney shows. I'm so happy that they did the update on the show since what was in there before is the stuff her 6yr old brother used to watch when he was little. Which I know we took him a few times to see it when he was little and he LOVED that show so much. I'm so looking forward to our princess seeing the show. Skylar loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and when it comes on she goes and gets her little stuffed Mickey and dances with him. If she wants us to sing the theme song to it she grabs him and starts dancing. Same goes for My Friends Tigger and Pooh...she has stuff Pooh she gets and does the think think think part with her finger. She also gets her Little Einsteins like this as well. We are hoping to get over Sunday morning with the kids.
    Oh btw, shame they left out the Hot Dog song.
    Mommy to

Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

• ...TWO BITS!

As Mad TV would say:

"UH OH HOT DOG!"

I just saw the youtube video of the hot dog song, the characters dancing I don't think would have made a major issue and decision to not include it in the stage show.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i need to watch this show and PPP to complete my dca checklist
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Darn! We visited Disneyland at the beginning of February while the Playhouse show was shut down. I had no idea that they were changing it to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My 2 little boys are nuts over that show!

In fact its on right now

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meeska Mooska Mom View Post
    Darn! We visited Disneyland at the beginning of February while the Playhouse show was shut down. I had no idea that they were changing it to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My 2 little boys are nuts over that show!

In fact its on right now
    Ha - yeah, we Tivo'd it - and we're watching Goofy look for his hat right now...

We're heading out the DLR today, so we might try to catch the show again....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast