Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Re: My proposal for a new Tomorrowland

Why does everybody call Redd Rockett's Rocket Redd's?

• Banned User

because of the asking whats rocket rods... or i hate rocket rods... thats why... somehow it is stuck in our mind..

and No Mission Space... that attraction has a small demographic that I am in somewhat... (last time i got a little dizzy..) and you want a ride the family or most of the family can enjoy... like Alien encounter.. LOL... (No Stitch!!)

How about instead of Mission: Space, how about a ride that's similar (using the same technology) but be a totally different ride. I came up with an idea called "Mission: Supernova" (tenitive title) and the story goes as follows: Set in the year 2100- there has been a giant Supernova a short distance from Earth (less than 10 light years away) and it has been proven that the energy being released from the supernova could solve the energy crisis that has been plagging Earth since 2055, now it's your mission to race to the supernova and collect the energy so it could be used on Earth.
    Last edited by Mr_Incredible; 08-09-2005 at 12:48 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I pretty much agree with everyone-Mission:Space is not worthy of a clone. What is? Alien Encounter. It was fine, and so unique, it was worth a visit.

My colleague and I had discussed doing SOMETHING with that track for Rocket Rods. I like the idea of blending it with Tron. But then it was suggested for doing a Tron 3-D flick! Very cool! I'd fly out for that!

Cool discussion, btw. Tomorrowland would be the place with the most updates of attractions.
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Revised:

Changes to existing attractions:
    - Space Mountain Version 2.0 will obviously stay, but at night (possibly only during peek season) it will be transformed into Rockit Mountain
    - Astro Orbiter will be relocated to the former Rocket Jets location (above the loading area for the people mover)
    - Star Tours will recieve a major overhaul, adding a new flight destination and elements from the three Star Wars prequels
    - The Starcade will be replaced by a restrurant based on the Cantina from the original Star Wars movie (which I know was a bar, but it could work as themeing for a restrurant)

New Attractions:
    - A Mission: Space- like ride called Mission: Supernova (tenitive title) (using the storyline I've posted above) will be added in the location that currently houses Innoventions (either in a new building or using the old CoP/ Innoventions building- if possible)
    - The Peoplemover will return using the same track used for Rocket Rods and the old Peoplemover
    - Tron 3D film for the theatre that currently house Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (Since a remake of Tron is currently in the works)

So I hope you like my new proposal, since I'm no longer cloning Mission: Space and have made my final decision on what the 3D film will be.

Yeah... I'm still recovering from the crazy Tomorrowland blues... (heheh, pun intended). I like the new paint job, but yeah, the 1998 renovation was below par. I agree with no more Pixar attractions. After Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (is that really something we'd see Tomorrow? Nm) we'll probably have enough Pixar love in that themed land.

I'm confident that something will happen with the People Mover track in the next few years (no Incredible's themed ride please! Just bring back the original!) I don't think DL needs Mission Space. Let that be a WDW only ride.

MY proposal would be to take out Honey I Shrunk the Audeince and replace it with a Stitch theater attraction. I don't think it should be anything like the renovated Alien attraction version. They should just keep the same theater (anyone remember Captain E.O.? Lol) and make a 3D video with Experiment 626 running around the theater and creating havoc. Kids love Stitch (Need proof? All new merchandise feature Stitch almost as much as they do Mickey! Stitch pins, hats, shirts - even Stitch gloves! Believe me, the merchandise department does their research) and having the Lilo and Stich aliens are more up to date since not many of today's kids and truly go back and remember the Honey I Shrunk movies. Maybe they could have Gantu and Hamsterville kidnap Stitch while he's vacationing with Lilo, Plinket, Jamba at a Tomorrowland Space Station! Or better yet, make it so that the guest are visiting Jamba's new space laboratory and feature some of the experiments from the TV series. They could run around the theater and it would be loads of fun! Not only would it drive the land back to being "themed' but it puts in an actual original DISNEY movie into the land. PLEASE bring us Stitch!
    Last edited by Magic Conscience; 08-10-2005 at 02:07 AM.
    Always let your conscience be your guide. - Jiminy Cricket

NO! NO STITCH PLEASE!! I think that Lilo & Stitch is easily one of the worst Disney films ever! It's just an animated rip off of ET! And I don't think there should ever be a Stitch attraction at Disneyland. I feel that Lilo & Stitch, which I don't remember was anywhere near a box office hit, is just one of these more recent Disney movies that people are going to forget about years from now. I think that any movie- inspired attractions at Disneyland should be based on movies that have stood the test of time and are still popular- that's why I came up with a 3D movie based on the classic film "Tron", which I believe is being remade, and the remake will probably be arriving around the same time as a new Tomorrowland.

Um... Tron? Like. That was way oldschool. Do you think today's kids will really get into it? You know - with better things out like Star Wars or the Matrix? I doubt Tron would catch on. Oh yeah. They just made a Tron video game for the Xbox, and um... no one plays it.

Stitch on the other hand is cute and cuddly and ORIGINAL. I know my family loved the movie. Think of the children. No Tron.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Conscience
    Um... Tron? Like. That was way oldschool. Do you think today's kids will really get into it? You know - with better things out like Star Wars or the Matrix? I doubt Tron would catch on. Oh yeah. They just made a Tron video game for the Xbox, and um... no one plays it.

Stitch on the other hand is cute and cuddly and ORIGINAL. I know my family loved the movie. Think of the children. No Tron.
    A few months ago, it was announced that two writers had been announced to write a remake of Tron, and there are still many people who are huge fans of the film, and I think that once the remake is released, then that would be a great time to introduce a 3D attaction in Tomorrowland.

Also, how can you say that Stitch is original, all it is is a crappy animated version of ET set in Hawaii, and I think that Stitch is annoying and stupid, and is highly overrated (I don't even remember it be a hit when it opened) Stitch is a bad idea and should never come to Disneyland in any form. Also, there is already a Stitch ride at Disney World, and nobody likes it, so if you twin Stitch, then another ride from Disney World should also be twinned for the new Tomorrowland that would appeal to a older demographic, such as Mission: Space or Test Track (if it would fit)- since Stitch doesn't appeal to anyone who's over the age of six.

Isn't Disneyland a family park? I can't find my 6 year old cousin understanding a complex computer game simulation where you ride motorcycles and throw disks around. You can see that cool stuff in Star Tours. There may be diehard fans of Tron, but there are plenty of die hard Lilo and Stitch fans too. I wasn't thinking of a clone of the WDW attraction. It was just an idea to throw out there.

For years I hated to watch DLR fall apart as it lost Walt's original intentions for his park. The one thing that Disney captured his guests with are his loved characters. It all started with a mouse remember?

Unfortunately, Mr. Salinski and his "Honey I Shrunk" family are characters fading out of the scene, but there are many kids of today's generation that have been captured by Stitch. Think of it as their generation of ET. (Stitch is still sooo much cuter than ET. I don't see how you could even compare. Plus he has attitude.) People would keep coming back the attraction because they want to see Stitch and all of his crazy alien cousins. Attachment to story and characters will always be better than special effects. We don't even know who the B-movie actors for the Tron remake will be. Maybe that movie will flop.

That's just my opinion. The theater space would be better used for something alien (like cute cuddly ones) and get the feel back that you are in a world of Tomorrow. You can find enough special Tron-like effects in the real world. Should we be trying to take our kids away from computer games?

The best usage of Tron that I would absolutely love is to see is the cool Tron inspired world sequence on the Peoplemover when it was still alive and kicking. That was always an awesome sequence! With the bright colors and the spinning lights... Whoa. Dizzy just thinking about it. (I think it used to be where the mirror effect scene is on the Rocket Rods.) I'll fight for brining back Tron into Tomorrowland as long as the Peoplemover is involved.

NO STITCH!! Stitch is just an animated version of ET that's been redesigned to be more "cute". I'm surprised that Steven Spielberg didn't take any legal action against Disney, since it is so obvious that Stitch is just an animated version of ET (well, I think he got his revenge when he opened Minority Report against Stitch- and if my memory is correct Minority Report destroyed Stitch at the box office!) NO STITCH!

• In a Rocket Rods daze @_@

I would love to see a new version of The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park. But instead of a show like the previous version, this new attraction can actually be a new jarring thrill ride through alien life-forms, planets, scientific labs, etc.
    Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

• ROFLCOPTER

Yes! Make it less scary, and make it a ride not a show!
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

I honestly don't believe that 3-d movies and circle vision films are futuristic anymore. I feel that what Tomorrowland lacks is more of a "tomorrow" feel. While Adventureland takes you to the jungle, Frontierland takes you to the west, I feel that Tomorrowland should take you, well, to tomorrow. When you walk into Tomorrowland today, you don't feel like you go anywhere.

So first, they need some kind of new transportation that looks like something out of a sci fi novel. Even, hate to say it, the submarines aren't really futuristic, nor the cars/autotopia. Now I may be saying terrible things here, because we all love the submarines, the sky way, and the people mover, but they aren't futuristic anymore. What awaits us a hundred years from now?

Wouldn't it be cool if when you walk into Tomorrowland you feel like you are walking on roads that are raised way up into the air. When you look down at the street, it looks like you are walking over clouds? How about flying cars going over your head? Advertisements to trips into space? This is what I think about when I think of the future. Mission: Space may not be a great ride to some, I've never been on it, but it fits in the whole scheme of the future. A lot better than say, Pixar movies or 3-d movies, both which are getting out of control in the Disney Parks.

I know, it would cost a lot of money for these things, but if Imagineering can come up with some great "future" rides in the past, like trip to the moon, Space Mountain, People Mover, and rides in a submarine, why can't they again look to the future and come up with some awesome futuristic rides again? I have faith, return Tomorrowland to the future.

Mission: Space wouldnt work in tomorrowland in your proposed spot for one reason: its too big. i just got back from WDW and rthere is no way they would be able to fit the innards of the mission: space pavillion inside the former CoP building. The ride operates in four modules containing a handful of ride vehichles in them. With that the line would be about 45 mins long on a busy day. If they were lucky, they could fit maybe 2 of those 4 modules in the cop building, which due to the increased capacity would double the line to about a hour and a half. That number would probably be even bigger because there is not much else to do around there, unlike in future world in epcot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast