Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: My proposal for a new Tomorrowland

It's all about design... Mission Space could easily be done, or about 3/4ths the capacity, in the current space taken up by the Innoventions building, not that I believe this it the big use for this space.

And please no Stitch. He should be expunged to Sony or something where he'll get abused legitimately and not make the parks suffer any further indignities.

• ROFLCOPTER

No clones!
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    No clones!
    come on, just because they are clones doesn't mean they don't have a soul.

do we learn nothing from movies?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Thumbs up Re: My proposal for a new Tomorrowland

I would tend to agree with Mr Incredible's suggestions for Tommorrowland. I wouldn't remove the classic flight to Endor from Star Tours entirely but it would be cool to have each starspeeder going to a different planet (ie different film for each simulator). I would prefer a ride more like Horizons at old EPCOT rather than the swirl-and-puke Mission: Space attraction. Disneyland need rides where "the parents and the children can have fun together." One things for sure, Innoventions needs to be replaced with something people actually want to see.

• ZiGzAg [C.C.C.]

the only thing i would change in tomorrowland for now is : innoventions, do a new paint job on autopia to match the rest of tomorrowland, change all the bronze and gold stuff on the astro orbiter to make it look like the Hong Kong Disneyland's astro orbiter, and i wanna see something on the peoplemover track, i dont care if they bring back rocket rods or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible
    NO STITCH!! Stitch is just an animated version of ET that's been redesigned to be more "cute". I'm surprised that Steven Spielberg didn't take any legal action against Disney, since it is so obvious that Stitch is just an animated version of ET (well, I think he got his revenge when he opened Minority Report against Stitch- and if my memory is correct Minority Report destroyed Stitch at the box office!) NO STITCH!
    While I did like the movie, I do agree that Stitch should not be put in TL. You already have buzz, and then you add Stitch, and you would have WAY too many cartoon inspired rides there. Not to mention that the Stitch ride at WDW is an unparalelled disaster.

Anyway, most of your ideas are pretty good, but there's one I don't agree with. I don't like the Cantina idea. Sure, it would be cool, but it wouldn't work too well. You see, the whole tomorrowland is themed and made to have a sort of a metallica vision of the future. Then you suddenly walk into the cantina, and the whole place is made of the primitive looking clay substance that the buildings are made out of on Tatoine ( sp? ). So themeing wise, it just wouldn't work. Simple as that.

Here's what I think they should do to the Star Cade. HISTA's enterance is in a horrible location. It makes it look like the Imagination Institute is space mountain or something. Not to mention the whole exterior and qeue don't give the slightest impression that you're in an Institute of any kind. There for, I propose that the enterance should be moved to the Star Cade ( walk ways can guide to the theater from there ) and the new enterance to Space Mountain moved to the old plaza way of HISTA.
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

• just the beernecessities

TL needs something fast and scary..Space Mountain doesn't cut it, what a dissapointment!! They could have taken the space for the Innoventions building and had a really cool ride. I like the idea of an alien encounter. Too bad WDW's Alien Encounter is gone, I thought it was awesome. I guess there were too many freaked out little kids, DL is for everyone but you won't find me on Winnie the Pooh.....again.
    Last edited by HeyBaloo; 08-18-2005 at 01:38 PM.

I tend to agree with Sprite-Boy. Sure it would be costly, but Tomorrowland needs a totally EXTREME MAKEOVER. Is there no creativity left in the world? Some of those buildings have been there since the '60's. Lose the stupid movie and bring back the Tomorrowland stage. Also, Tron sucked as much as Stitch. Disney spent bundles on video games, etc, and the movie was a flop. Furthermore, it's Tomorrowland, not Fantasyland II. Animation belongs to Fantasyland, not Tomorrowland.

• Minion

I say Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy should go into the Magic Eye theater. And there's nothing wrong with Stitch, only the fact that SGE sucked so much that light could not escape from it. He's a good character that's not used in an attraction that well... And I say give Autopia a nice overlay that's futuristic and cool. Like an outdoor dark ride. And put a version of the planned Adventures in Science into either the Starcade or the Carousel theater.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Keeper of Useless Trivia

My 2 cents....

First and formost, a Pizza Planet would suddenly add a 'Chuck-E-Cheese' element to Disneyland, and the park does not need that. Second, Mission Space does not belong in Disneyland. As an EPCOT pavillion...fine. As a seperate attraction? No. I agree in bringing the people movers back and replacing the Astro Orbitor not only on its original pad above the people movers, but make it the original ride...not that thing they have now.

Yes...no more PIXAR. Buzz Lightyear, Monsters Inc and the Finding Nemo ride is ENOUGH. If a ride must be transplanted from another theme park, the Disney Tokyo Sea has a few that could fit in well (especially the Journey To The Center of the Earth Ride). A new 3-D movie is much needed yes...but not a variation of "Tron". Nor do I think transplanting "Mickey's Philharmagic" will work either. We need an original film like Captain EO was...not based on a Disney film but something unique for the park.
    Evil Disney Guy...I RULE!

Some of those are great ideas Mr. Incredible! One thing that someone else mentioned a while back on micechat was, "Why does tomorrowland have to have so many 'spaced themed' attractions?"

I thought about it and Tomorrowland already has startours/space mountain AND the buzz ride. Anything space related might be a bit much. I do get the impression Tomorrowland is a spaceport, but maybe it should be more obvious?

I would say to improve tomorrowland, WDI could push for an extreme inovation: Having vehicles/animatronics(sp?) that aren't bound to a single location, meaning they could move freely.

Also, the PEOPLEMOVER. one of my fav. attractions as a boy, suddenly disappeared. I would hope WDI does something with this track...

Tomorrowland has some great attractions already. I think the answer lies in a more straight forward theme. (which is already becoming unclear with a finding nemo attraction). I would love to be visually stimulated. have tons of monitors, computer junk, and moving parts through out the area could be fun! I wonder what plans WDI and CM MATT have in store for the problems of tomorrow.

• Blue, Please.

There needs to be less Pixar content. Disney sends mixed messages by ending their contract with Pixar, but still keeping them around with incarnations in Tomorrowland. Rides inspired by animated films are acceptable, seeing as the legacy of Disney is animated films. I fondly remember the peoplemover and skyway, but they should not return to Tomorrowland, because that isn't tomorrow its yesterday. On the same note, Mission to Mars, The Hall of Chemistry, and the House of the Future should also not return. Tomorrowland will always see more changes than the other lands, and it should.
    I have no idea what should be put into the land, specifically. But it should be fun, lots of fun. Tomorrowland should be exciting with fantastic visions of the future, even if they aren't very feasible, just as long as they entertain.

I was actually thinking about this just the other day.

I would move Star Tours into the Innoventions building, adding more flights to new locations and keeping the flight to the moon of Endor. The bottom floor of Innoventions would be a moving walkway still, like an airport, where an AA greets you and gives you a short tour as you circulate through different scenes (repair shop, customs, etc). The guests would then enter the center part towards the end of the circle and would board either elevators or a spirally system of ramps to reach the top floor. Once there they would be dispersed into their star cruisers.

Moving Star Wars next to Space Mountain adds a great oppertunity to theme that corner as the Tommorland Space Port. Advertisements for different locales, droids doing repair work to the buildings, F/X lighting at night to look like crafts arriving and departing.

The RRPP would be rethemed slightly to a more Cantina-like restraunt, giving the feeling of a mix of worlds.

Startrader would be moved into the first floor of the Starcade, with a giant floating cargo ship pulled up against a "loading dock." On the upstairs of the Starcade and in the now empty Star Trader and Star Tours buildings I would add a major new attraction. I was toying with the idea of a tour through the post office of the future. Kind of a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory sort of feels with wild and creative rooms using weird technology, droids, and alien beings to get the work done. (Shrinking room to move large freight, a bubble room to less the weight of heavy cargo, etc etc). It would be a fast dark ride that would have enough wow factor for adults and teens and not too scary for the little ones. Something intelligent.

The subs would loose the lame and land-cofused Nemo theme, and would instead be a voyage to Atlantis-1, the new underwater observatory. Except when you get there, the glass building lies shattered with equipment floating around the craft. Suddenly the sub rocks violently, steam shoots out of valves, and the sub goes dark. The only thing which can be seen is a large glowing red eye which travels the length of the sub. Power resumes to let the audience see the giant squid eyeing their craft. Sound and lighting affects combined with some motion simulate an underwater battle with the beast, to luckily have the sub escape back to the Tommorland base.

This new attraction would attract more crowds, so a real que would be needed, unlike the switchbacks in the sun of the original subs. Either a small building to the side of the lagoon, or the Buzz Astroblasters could serve as a que with an underground/overground passage to the dock.

Lastly, I would remove the autopias and move them to where the Grand California now stands, giving them an off-roading through California theme, and in the large space of the motor boats and the autopia I would put a new E-ticket.

It would be a time-travel ride simmiliar to Countdown to Exctinction, but using both indoor and outdoor elements as you race through the jungles to recover the lost crew. Originally I planned for this to also replace the subs. Where guests would be soaring through the grass lands to have the floor drop out from under them and find their ATV plummeting into the lake. The ATV would take on aquatic capabilities and zoom around the lake and into the caverns beneath a lage valcano.

It wouldn't have to be a dinosaur time-travel idea either. It could be more H.G. Welles and have you travel to weird and dark alternate universes with strange monsters trying to attack your vehicle. One would be appealing for young teens able to meet the hight requirement and take light scares of dinos, the other would be a more grown-up ride and adding a bit of darkness and thrill to tommorowland and Disneyland.

And yes, have the peoplemover/rocket rodds return.

Disneyland and Dca need some original attractions. They need to stop trying to shove All of Epcot and Mgm into Disneyland and Dca.

• Banned User

FOr a new tomorrowland i would put the peoplemover back in because though it is from and earlier vision of the future it is still a futuristic transportation system. I would make the vehicles sleeker and nice though. They should not do nemo on the subs but make it the submarines of the future and i like the underwater observatory idea. Star tours in innoventions is a good idea but i would have different films be picked randomly by the shuttles. i would give all the buldings a major face lift and the monorails i would make more futuristic looking because the mark v's look too much like regular transit monorails. Space mountain is fine though i would make the vehicles glow brighter again.The tommrrowland train station i would retheme so when you enter your going through a time machine into the past to board the train and when you get off their you go through a time macine to the future. The autopia i would redo the cars to look furrisic an look like hover cars. The Skyway is debatable though going through the Matterhorn would be cool. The theatre i would change the film. In the old Star tours building i would put in a new e-ticket attraction unique to disneyland only. The Astro orbiter would be moved back on top of the peoplemover station. Space mountain would get a new lighting scheme at night. The one thing about this tomorrowland is no clones from other disney parks. About the only ride i would clone from another park is Knights tournament from legoland California. I would add video screens and but keep different levels of intensitybecause it would fit well. It could also go where star tours used to be since it would b moved to innoventions. That is what i would do with tomorrowland. I would also add ships hanging about and around or make the innoventions exterior a docking port for space craft

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast