Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

My proposal for a new Tomorrowland

Since many people (including myself) feel that the 1998 renovations done to Tomorrowland was full of bad decisions, I came up with my own ideas for what a new Tomorrowland should include. So here it is:

Changes to existing attractions:
    - Space Mountain Version 2.0 will obviously stay, but at night (possibly only during peek season) it will be transformed into Rockit Mountain
    - Astro Orbiter will be relocated to the former Rocket Jets location (above the loading area for the people mover)
    - Star Tours will recieve a major overhaul, adding a new flight destination and elements from the three Star Wars prequels
    - Rocket Redd's will be relocated into the vacated site of the Starcade, and will undergo some changes to be more based on the Pizza Planet from Toy Story
    - Cut down on the space used for Star Trader, and add a restaurant based on the Cantina from the first Star Wars film (which I actually know was a bar, but it could work as theming for a restaurant)

New Attractions:
    - Mission: Space will be added in the location that currently houses Innoventions (either in a new building that will be constucted on the old CoP/ Innoventions building site or it will be housed in the CoP/ Innoventions building- if at all possible)
    - The Peoplemover will return using the same track used for Rocket Rods and the old Peoplemover
    - Skyway to Fantasyland will also return, using the same route as the old Skyway (if possible)
    - A new 3D film will be created for the theatre that currently house Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (I haven't determined what the movie will be, but I was thinking it could be based on "Tron," since a remake of the film is currently in the works)
    - Circlevision will return (or some other new show), this time in the location vacated by Rocket Redd's

I know this is just my wishful think, and that Disney would probably never think this is way too expensive or something. But I want to know what you Mice Chatter thought of my ideas for Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by Mr_Incredible; 08-08-2005 at 05:17 PM.

• Banned User

Re: My proposal for a new Tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible
    Changes to existing attractions:
    - Astro Orbiter will be relocated to the former Rocket Jets location (above the loading area for the people mover)
    - Star Tours will recieve a major overhaul, adding a new flight destination and elements from the three Star Wars prequels
    - Rocket Redd's will be relocated into the vacated site of the Starcade, and will undergo some changes to be more based on the Pizza Planet from Toy Story
    - Cut down on the space used for Star Trader, and add a restaurant based on the Cantina from the first Star Wars film (which I actually know was a bar, but it could work as theming for a restaurant)

New Attractions:
    - Mission: Space will be added in the location that currently houses Innoventions (either in a new building that will be constucted on the old CoP/ Innoventions building site or it will be housed in the CoP/ Innoventions building- if at all possible)
    - Skyway to Fantasyland will also return, using the same route as the old Skyway (if possible)
    - A new 3D film will be created for the theatre that currently house Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (I haven't determined what the movie will be, but I was thinking it could be based on "Tron," since a remake of the film is currently in the works)
    - Circlevision will return, this time in the location vacated by Rocket Redd's
    My opinion...
    1. nice idea.. could work..

2. brilliant... and to save money.. have WDW pay for some of the movie..

3. not bad idea... but I would stay away from having more extra pixar.. use something else here..

4. maybe.. but do you need more resturant space? by moving one into the old starcade you open more space... and taking some from retail could take away from space.. and they do make money from that store...

5. No.. Mission Space.... do not clone it.. please..

6. new 3-D film is great idea...

7. but would this attraction be popular today... Epcot has many and they are somewhat popular.. but with other rides around.. not many people would watch it... really...

Just my Opinions...

• Rock Star Minion

But, "Mission: Space" sucks.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Official Mice Chat person

No more Pixar, the Redd Rockets is fine as is (almost) The interior needs a facelift to match the new paint shceme, and instead of picking up your own food and paying for it... they need to have electronic menus built in to the tables.

• Rock Star Minion

Will your mind change when Pixar buys Disney?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Just this guy......

New Attractions:
    - Mission: Space
    I don't think that it will fit. And while I liked mission space I don't think it's the right fit for Disneyland

- The Peoplemover
    Yes, it or something like it should return.

- Skyway to Fantasyland
    I'm sorry but I can't understand why people want the skyway to return. It was slow to load and always had a long line. (You could walk faster). I don't think that it looked good along the sky line.

- A new 3D film
    There should be a new film about every 10 years.

- Circlevision will return (or some other new show), this time in the location vacated by Rocket Redd's

Again I don't think that it would fit very well in the space. And I think that Tomorrowland does need a place like this to eat.

• Banned User

NO MORE PIXAR!!!!!! I also think that mission space is stupid and they should come up with something totally original. Now I am not saying mission space is stupid as a ride but as a clone it would be. I actually applaud them for trying to have a unique ride. But if you close it then you will loose that originality. Make something new and high budget.

Sorry to those who don't want Rocket Redd's to become Pizza Planet, and I agree that I don't want anymore Pixar in the parks, but since I first saw Pizza Planet in the film (wow!, that was ten years ago!) I thought that it would be cool if there was a real Pizza Planet, but I think it would be fine if they kept it as Rocket Redd's, and kept it in the same location, but renovated the interior. Also, for those who don't want Mission: Space in there, why not? I haven't been on the one in Epcot, but my friends who have been on it say it's the best ride at Epcot and I think it would fit in nicely with Tomorrowland, and I fell that Innoventions is a wasted of Space and say if you want to play around with a lot of high tech toys, then just go to your local Best Buy. So now I've changed my proposal a bit:
    - No relocation of Rocket Redd's and no resurrection of Circlevision
    - No cutting down the space of Star Trader
    - My Catina restaurant idea will be relocated to the sight that currently houses the Starcade
    - Mission: Space will stay in my proposal

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Mission: Space appeals to a very small demographic- young children and older guests can't ride, expectant mothers, those with neck or heart problems, plus those that easily get motion sickness- cut these out and you still have a very expensive film-based attraction that needs barf bags and a lot of space.

I know that most of that can be said about most Disneyland thrill rides, but Mission: Space really suffers from it's exceeding limitations.
    Last edited by jepple; 08-08-2005 at 09:27 PM.

• Banned User

A new theme for a new Tomorrowland: A World of CREATIVITY. A Tomorrowland with all new concepts, rides, themes and new approach...

• Banned User

...in other words, No cloning, No carbon copies, just an all new concept that is freshly thought up by the Imagineers.

Why doesn't any one want Mission: Space to be twined? According to my friends, Mission: Space is one of the only good rides at Epcot (the other is Test Track), I feel that it is a perfect choice to go into Tomorrowland since it's seems to me as if it's a updated version of the old Mission to Mars ride that was closed the last time Tomorrowland went under renovation (and was replaced by Rocket Redd's). And if you're only problem is that Mission: Space is too thrilling and many people wouldn't be able to go on it, than that's why I have the resurrection of rides like the Peoplemover and the Skyway. I also feel that the old CoP/ Innoventions is being wasted with Innoventions (as I've said before, if you want to go somewhere where you could play around with a bunch of high tech gadgets and gizmos- than go to your local Best Buy!) and something exciting should go in there. And if you have a problem with twining a ride from WDW, I think that twining what seems to be a great ride is a great idea, and is much better than having another ride based on a recent hit movie. Also, I should note that this is my fantasy version of Tomorrowland, and will never actually get done. And if you don't want Mission: Space in Tomorrowland, than what do you want in the location that is currently home to the stupid and dull Innoventions (which I think has to be replaced)?
    Last edited by Mr_Incredible; 08-09-2005 at 09:21 AM.

• insufferable know-it-all

Pet Peeve: It's "Redd Rockett's Pizza Port", or R2P2, for short.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible
    Why doesn't any one want Mission: Space to be twinned? According to my friends, Mission: Space is one of the only good rides at Epcot (the other is Test Track),...
    Because, as I so eloquently stated earlier, it sucks. And why does it suck? Well, I don't think it's a repeatable ride for 85% of the guests. That's DCA-level suckitude.

IMHO, the only way that Tomorrowland would ever become the place people on this site would enjoy is to bulldoze the entire thing and start from scratch. There are attractions that are outdated, and there are attractions that are still favorites. I think in this case DL could take a cue from her Floridian sister and try to create a more fantastic colorful approach. Granted the attractions in Florida are beginning to wane, and it still needs work too, but you can't beat the atmosphere.

I kinda like the whole "League of Planets" approach, and I'm currently designing it into my RCT Disneyland. I also think a Minority Report/I, Robot future wouldn't suck. The future itself doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory, but the technologies are really cool.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast