Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 3/14: Toy Story Mania up-close, Pixar Play Parade, Easter merchandise

I haven't done a photo update on the boards for a long time... so let's just get right to it, yeah?

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    The Mickey & Friends tram stop got new billboards to advertise Pixar Play and Playhouse Disney

And speaking of billboards, the one at the security tents is now advertising the upcoming Food & Wine Festival

A look at the new park maps:

Inside flap:

Before we get to DCA to check out the new stuff over there, let's head over to Disneyland.

The Disney Showcase annex has come out from behind refurb tarps

Looks great

But as tarps come down, more go up. These ones that cover up backstage areas behind Rancho del Zocalo (viewable from the Carnation Plaza Gardens area) are now up.

Back on Main Street, it looks like Disneyland is starting to enforce a uniform parades costume. On the left is the new red-vested parades costume, and on the right is what many CMs used to look like (and some still do) before this costume change.

STEPPING UP ITS GAME
    Okay, enough with Disneyland, let's head over to DCA (who would ever think I'd say that?!). Friday was the first day the Paradise Pier construction area was re-opened for guest traffic in months. The newly re-opened pathway gives guests a closer look at Toy Story Mania's facade, which is getting closer to completion every day.

The lighting fixtures and stone work on the facade are really nice. Pictures don't do it justice.

The handrails are a nice, rich bronze and maroon. Very nice.

And the new Midway Mercantile store sign is beautiful.

Little details! In DCA, no less!

Supports for Toy Story Mania marquee

ODV construction continues...

And even the Paradise Pier trash cans are getting the Toy Story Mania touch - a new design for a new direction!

And a look at some old Pier trash cans for comparison

And at night, Toy Story Mania lights up. It looks GREAT.

That sign is even nicer at night - and this is without all the lights working!

Back across Paradise Bay, looks like Golden Dreams is getting new banners. At first I thought the show was closed, but it was still open... Hopefully the banners will be better-designed this time...

PIXAR PLAY PARADE
    The new Pixar Play Parade officially debuted today. It's a great parade. I'm not a big fan of the music, but its immensely better than the grating annoyance that was Block Party Bash... and the floats for this parade... well, you just have to see them to believe them. They're awesome. Really great stuff.

EASTER MERCHANDISE
    And finally, since Easter is coming up quick, here's a look at this year's Easter merch.

Plush - $10

Door/Wall decoration - $20

Easter basket (plush separate) - $8

Plush - $12

Antenna ball - $5

Sucker - $2.25

Chocolate eggs - $2.75

Alright, time to get some rest

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Disneyland Grandee

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/14: Toy Story Mania up-close, Pixar Play Parade, Easter merchandi

Wow, thanks so much for the great pix!
    Can't wait to see the parade next week.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/14: Toy Story Mania up-close, Pixar Play Parade, Easter merchandi

Another awe-sum update report!

• Disney Geek

Great Pics. After seeing those I can't wait to get back to DCA in June.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Awesome pics Gracey! My mom would absolutely love the easter basket with Thumper. She LOVES Thumper.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    REMY GOT LIPSUCTION!!!! LOL,

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Great update MG! Love the look of the parade! It doesn't look obnoxious at all!
    The pier is looking good!!

I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Still lost in Neverland

Fantastic as always. I think the Pixar Parade looks great and can hardly wait to see it in person along with the fantastic new look over at Paradise Pier. That new building for the new ride looks wonderful during the day, and even better at night. Thanks for taking these pictures and sharing them. Yes you have been away far too long.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Mickey is not my Brother

Great Pictures, I now love seeing pictures of DCA

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    REMY GOT LIPSUCTION!!!! LOL,

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!!
    That's not Remy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Thanks for taking these pictures and sharing them. Yes you have been away far too long.
    Thanks, Lost Boy! And I haven't really been away, just in a different place, I suppose. You can get a weekly update from me with my Dateline Disneyland column every Friday on MiceAge.com (or click the links in my signature! )

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Still lost in Neverland

Oh, I guess I wasn't paying attention to who was posting what on Friday. I read that all the time and the pictures there should have clued me in to was taking them. I guess I just was not reading things properly. My mistake for not paying attention. Still it is nice to see you back on Mice Chat as well.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Great Job! Thanks!

• Disney Night Owl

Awesome pictures! Thank you for posting the photos with Easter merchandise too! Now I know what to ask my brother for when he goes next week.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

Thank you for the pictures! I actually found myself in the first PPP pic.
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

• Banned User

Back across Paradise Bay, looks like Golden Dreams is getting new banners. At first I thought the show was closed, but it was still open... Hopefully the banners will be better-designed this time...

Terrific Photos...! When I was in DCA last week, a cast member at Golden Dreams told us that if we wanted to see the show we should do it now, because they were on the list to be closed down and they did not know how much longer they would be there. Kind of sad, it's a great movie, my 8 year old daughter loved it and had a million questions after about everything they presented.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast