Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lackey

Pixar Play Parade - L A Times Review

Interesting thoughts from the L.A. Times on the new parade and getting wet:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1510

I kinda thought the same thing from what I've heard, but haven't seen for myself, yet. I think I'll look for a back row seat.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Goofy

Re: Pixar Play Parade - L A Times Review

not bad of a review there.

• Minion

hmmm I agree with the point at the end. I don't think the whole wet theme is completely safe. On the other hand the floats are entertaining and the performances are great but no mention of the quality in the review.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I was wondering about this in the other thread. I just don't get the whole water squirting thing. Maybe if there were at "Wet Zone" where if you wanted to get squirted, they could let loose there.
    <o>

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm gonna see it today. I don't mind getting wet but I absolutely hate my glasses getting wet. I don't know what it is about Disney water but if I let it dry it leaves a calcium depoit on my lenses that is annoying to have to look through, and if I try to clean them it leaves a smear that is equally annoying.

I just don't know why they have to incorporate water into this parade. Well I will go see it anyway today. Who knows, I just might like it. I'll let you all know later.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm gonna see it today. I don't mind getting wet but I absolutely hate my glasses getting wet. I don't know what it is about Disney water but if I let it dry it leaves a calcium depoit on my lenses that is annoying to have to look through, and if I try to clean them it leaves a smear that is equally annoying.

My experience from watching the parade last week was that most of the water came sprinkling from the top of the floats, so if you wear a baseball cap/hat, that might help shield your glasses from the water and bubbles.

• ...TWO BITS!

The media event was played without the show stop. So I'm not sure how PPP plays with a show stop. Will the parade run with bubbles & foam and have the show stops be the "wet zones"? IDK. I'm still going to check this out.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

•   

If you don't want to get wet all you have to do is stand back a few feet. Most people sit right along the parade route, so it's no problem seeing all the action while standing behind them.

Some of the performers have the ability to spray water at their will. If it appears that you don't want to get wet then they will avoid you. If it looks like you are enjoying the water then I think they might target you.
    I've seen the parade twice now and the front of my lens only got ONE small drop of water on it at the very end of my second viewing. The body itself had a few very, very small droplets on it at various occasions.

I don't think the water on the ground is an issue. All of the performers have special soles on their footwear. I'm sure the lawyers had to be appeased before water was allowed.

It seems like there is alot of worry over very little. Go to the parade to have fun. If you have kids they will LOVE the parade. If you want to get wet then place yourself right along the parade route. If you don't, just stand back a little. It's not that big of a deal - honest.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

My sister said 1.) that my 5 year old nephew loved it and 2.) that the stroller (for the new baby) was soaked beyond belief. I suggested that maybe it will be much nicer in the summer when it's really hot and she said it wasn't a just a "misting" which would be fine, but an actual spray, which was not so nice.

So she's got a 5 year old and a baby. She can't just go let my nephew sit up front by himself or anything, and if they are in the back, then he can't see the show. An optional dry area might be a nice idea, or marked wet zones, or something.
    A signature should go here.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    it wasn't a just a "misting" which would be fine, but an actual spray, which was not so nice.
    I did not think about the fact that my camera was able to move to avoid the water as it came. That is a very good point that stationary objects will get very wet.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

and again, they warn about it. The press are such babies.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Fireworks Finatic!

Funny, the 3 times I have seen the parade I never saw people running away like a swarm of bees.. Most people were loving it and having a great time. Although, I bet it is only a matter of time before the water gets seriously cut back and they rely mostly on bubbles. There will be those who will get seriously upset and run to Guest Relations. All it will take is just a few loud-mouth complainers to do it..

I don't like getting wet at all, but I absolutely loved this parade. At the end of the parade I was no more wet than I would be after going through the cannon battle scene of Pirates. Sure, there is water, but it's not like they're dumping buckets on you (that's the Soak Parade in Japan!). Even looking at the ground right next to the floats (where the most water lands), there isn't that much water. With the length of the parade, most of your wet spots are just about dry by the time it comes to an end, so I really don't see the problem. As I said earlier, I hate getting wet when I'm fully dressed, but this is by far the most genuinely fun parade I think I've ever seen.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Ok. Just saw PPP and without question without as much water it would have been a pretty good parade. The walkways were very slick and with guests running accross the walkway an accident will happen. The question is not if but when. Also more water would be appropriate at 3pm when it was warm. Even in summer it can get quite cool getting into evening and being wet is more of an annoyance than it is being refreshing

One interesting thing I noticed thanks to Thrax. Why is Woody on the Toy Story float should be spitting out water. To keep in theme he should be spitting out bubbles.

Ok. I know I'm nitpicking but in all fairness without the water its a good parade.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'm still looking forward to seeing it next week, wet or dry.
    A signature should go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast