• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Single day theme park question

Now that I have had an AP for several years now I don't know the in's and out's of buying actual admission tickets anymore. I know some of you will be able to answer this for me.

My brother, his wife, and two teenage sons are out here visiting from Texas. The only day we are able to go to the DLR this week is on Thursday and they do not have AP's. A 2fer is out of the question because we won't be able to go on Friday and they leave on Saturday. At $91 a single day park hopper for a family of four is outrageous.

So it looks like it's going to be a single day theme park admission for the four of them, obviously to DL only.

They would like to pay by credit card in order to get some miles, and I figured it would save a lot of time by getting the ticket online. However when I look at disneyland.com it doesn't offer the buy online option for single day theme park tickets.

I would like to avoid standing in line at the ticket booths on Thursday so my question is this:
    1. Do they still sell single day park tickets at the Disney Store?
    2. Do they sell single day park tickets at the concierge in South Coast Plaza (if it's even still there)?
    3. Can I go to the park today or tomorrow (Wednesday) and get the single day tickets to be used on Thursday?
    I know you guys will have the answers. In advance I want to thank all of you!

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Single day theme park question

Yes you can go purchase the single day tickets at the park, which may be your best option. As an AP holder I thought you got a discount on park tickets but I can't remember now. Anyway you can buy the So Cal tickets for them (they cehck ID when they are bought, not used), its the same price for the 2fer So Cal Ticket or the single day Park ticket, so its basically the same thing $66 adult, $56 child.

A little piece of heaven

• I'm wishing

Since the 2fer is the same price, do they even have a couple hours to spend at CA on Friday or Saturday? If not maybe you could give the CA day away to a family who doesn't have a lot of "family entertainment" extra money (I know you aren't allowed to sell the extra day, but are you allowed to gift it??).

Either way, I hope you and your family have a magical day!

Julie

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Yes you can go purchase the single day tickets at the park, which may be your best option. As an AP holder I thought you got a discount on park tickets but I can't remember now. Anyway you can buy the So Cal tickets for them (they cehck ID when they are bought, not used), its the same price for the 2fer So Cal Ticket or the single day Park ticket, so its basically the same thing $66 adult, $56 child.
    Thanks! Can I get them today or tomorrow for use on Thursday? It is not a big deal for me to have to go there just to do this since I live fairly close to it.

• Minion

Blog Entries

you can buy them at any time DIP... They are good until May 24, 2008 (for the 2 Fers atleat) and then once you use the first day you have 30 days to use the free DCA day...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    you can buy them at any time DIP... They are good until May 24, 2008 (for the 2 Fers atleat) and then once you use the first day you have 30 days to use the free DCA day...
    Thanks SWR. I looked and I can get the 2fer on-line (or at Vons apparently). Either way it is $66 and since they can only go one day it doesn't matter either way. I suppose I can find someone at some point to use the DCA portion of the 2fer -- from what it looks like I wouldn't be the only one to do this.

Thank you!

• Minion

AAA has some good deals sometimes.
    Might want to give them a call.
    Har har har

• Beach Expert

Thanks also to Juliemouse and Garbear.

Another thing I just thought of. Someone told me that there is a way to use the 2fer as a park hopper. Is this true or is this person incorrect? I don't think they are right but maybe there is a technicality that allows them to use the 2fer as a single day park hopper?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Thanks also to Juliemouse and Garbear.

Another thing I just thought of. Someone told me that there is a way to use the 2fer as a park hopper. Is this true or is this person incorrect? I don't think they are right but maybe there is a technicality that allows them to use the 2fer as a single day park hopper?
    Currently, INCORRECT.

They used to allow it a few years ago, now, if you try and enter the second park on the same day, they will tell you to go to the Ticket Windows and upgrade to the 2 day PH for the price of 1 (an extra $25). Aka, Disney figured it out
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Currently, INCORRECT.

They used to allow it a few years ago, now, if you try and enter the second park on the same day, they will tell you to go to the Ticket Windows and upgrade to the 2 day PH for the price of 1 (an extra $25). Aka, Disney figured it out
    Thank for the info DB. I thought there might be a way to "trick the system". Too bad for a family of 4 it will still cost $100. But oh well if they are that desperate to see DCA then that will be a suggestion I will certainly let them know about.

Thanks again.