Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Space Fanatic

Advice for teenagers at Club 33

The title probably gave you all an idea: they don't mix very well...
    3 friends and I (all of us are high school seniors) have annual passes and go to DLR quite a bit with each other. One of my friend's dad works for a company that has access to Club 33, and he has the ability to get us access. My question is whether that is a good idea. I am a Disney fanatic (why else would I be on this website? ), so it wouldn't be as though some clueless teenagers are invading the exclusive Club 33. But would 4 teenagers without adults at Club 33 would be an awkward, perhaps even unkindly, situation? It is also my understand that they maintain a minimum charge per person equal to the price of a one-day ticket. Is this true? Thanks for all your thoughts.
    Last edited by Space Mountain Man; 03-18-2008 at 11:42 AM.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Advice for teenagers at Club 33

Are your friends respectful and mature? if so then i think it would be fine

if hey are the sterotypical Ca. teenagers, i'd say head over to pizzaport and skip it for later when you can truly enjoy your visit.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I don't necessarily think 4 teens in Club 33 is unheard of. Yes, some teens are completely unruly, and some are quite mature. My cousin is 19 and she would LOVE to go to Club 33. She's a very mature young woman and would value the experience of dining in such a venue.

I think if you value the experience and WANT to go, then I say go.

• Minion

Blog Entries

When I went to Club 33 last July I spent $100 on my meal including my beverage and tip... Then when it was time to buy some souveniers knowing that this would be my only opportunity I spent $600... Three hours in Club 33 and $700 spent... Overall amazing experience...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Personally, if you're well-behaved and act mature, it shouldn't matter what age you are I think.

I went to Cafe Orleans once and some middle-aged men were using incredibly inappropriate language and there were little kids at the next table. I couldn't believe it.

It doesn't matter what demographic you fall into, there's always some bad eggs that give a bad rep for everyone else, but teens seem to get the blunt end of it.

I don't know if you would be treated any differently from the staff (I haven't had the chance to go there). But I did go on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour and got to go into the lobby and step inside the elevator. I was in my teens and brought two others my own age with me, and were treated just as kindly as everyone else. Additionally, some friends of mine who are still in their teens went to Club 33 about a week ago and had a great time (though I do know that they went with parents).

It might help if you dressed a little nicer, to be on the safe side. But as long as you come in with the right attitude, I'm sure you'll be fine. Congrats!

• Space Fanatic

Even though we are typically loud kids (simply out of excitement, not the unruly and unappreciative teens who come to Disneyland and behave poorly), I know that everybody would appreciate the experience--over the years, I've definitely imparted my share of knowledge unto them and everyone would certainly be respectful. Aside from that, cost is also a concern.

• Minion

I went with my friends last august for my 16th birthday. We were fine. It wasn't awkward. It was really fun. Make sure you make a night reservation so you can stay for fantasmic. Also the dinner thing is kind of tricky. I didnt understand the numbers on the side of the menu by the food (assumed prices) we all only ordered an entree and dessert and our total was lower than it was supposed to be. Sorry Goodyear! So i think we only had payed 46 each because I didnt know that the appetizer was included in the whole dinner package. The total should be about 200. tax and tip included
    (thats for 3 people)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Things sure have changed apparently since my pre-teen years when I used to go there often.

This would have been in the late 70s to the early to mid 80s. Back then, I would come home from school and my parents would tell me that we were going to Club 33. I was never told we were going to Disneyland -- it was always, "We're going to meet your uncle tonight at Club 33."

We would get there at about 4 or 5, with dinner reservations at around 7 or so. My parents would stay there with my uncle and aunt and whoever else was there and enjoy cocktails while they relaxed and socialized. And my cousins and I were given special ticket books (back in the ticket book days) which we used to go on the rides. That is all we were interested in -- staying at Club 33 was strictly for the grown ups.

We would come back when it was time for dinner to start and we would enjoy our meal, sitting nicely with the family.

When it was all finished we would maybe ride a couple more rides and then it would have been time to go home.

Not to sound disrespectful, but its a shame that some people apparently have to decide between Club 33 and the Pizza Port. Back in my day, going to Club 33 was the main event, and the entire reason for going to Disneyland. The attitude was like this -- you went to Disneyland because that is where Club 33 happened to be located. To us kids the fact that we got to ride the rides was just icing on the cake.

• "I Break Things"

depends on the individuals who are going. It's like a library, fine restaurant, or museum... there is that hushed silence of respect (unless a tour group of 2nd graders walks through!).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    When I went to Club 33 last July I spent $100 on my meal including my beverage and tip... Then when it was time to buy some souveniers knowing that this would be my only opportunity I spent $600... Three hours in Club 33 and $700 spent... Overall amazing experience...
    Wow, that's like my contribution for rent.

You all are very fortunate to not only go to Club 33, but to have the money to spend it on dinner.

As for ages, that shouldn't stop anyone from going anywhere. Have a good time. Some one suggested to dress a bit nicer and I agree, any reason to dress spiffy sounds good to me!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Minion

Blog Entries

trust me when I say that I don't have the money... I was having a heart attack in the lobby praying that my Credit Card didn't decline... When they brough my stuff out I started to feel better until they told me they hadn't swiped my card yet... Then I had an even larger heart attack... Its bad enough not having the money and being told I am sorry but your Credit Card declined but its even worse being told you Credit Card has been declined we need to take back all of the things in your hand... OMG... thankfully it didn't decline and it took me about 6 months to pay it off...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Defying gravity

The fact that you are asking this question leads me to believe that you and your friends are mature enough...

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    The fact that you are asking this question leads me to believe that you and your friends are mature enough...
    That's a very nice assessment.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain Man View Post
    The title probably gave you all an idea: they don't mix very well...
    3 friends and I (all of us are high school seniors) have annual passes and go to DLR quite a bit with each other. One of my friend's dad works for a company that has access to Club 33, and he has the ability to get us access. My question is whether that is a good idea. I am a Disney fanatic (why else would I be on this website? ), so it wouldn't be as though some clueless teenagers are invading the exclusive Club 33. But would 4 teenagers without adults at Club 33 would be an awkward, perhaps even unkindly, situation? It is also my understand that they maintain a minimum charge per person equal to the price of a one-day ticket. Is this true? Thanks for all your thoughts.
    1. Possibly. Don't ask to see the wine list, for example.
    2. Just remember that your friend's dad's membership is on the line.
    3. Who's paying for this? Might be a nice graduation gift, if you hint at it.
    4. In what manner are you expecting to dress for such an occasion?
    5. Finaly, do note that this club is not for Disney enthusiasts (though many members are), but it is mainly used by businesses seeking to impress clients or friends.
    6. You know who would know the answers to these questions, or know whom to ask in order to get these answers? Your friend's dad, whose membership would be on the line should you regress to normal teenagerness. Perhaps your friend's dad reads this forum, I don't know.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Bring dad's credit card.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast