• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

Wink Fast Pass Revamp Idea

Okay so after reading kevin column i went to post my thoughts there and ended up getting a little carried away about my fast pass ideas so here they are on a much better place to put them

Intro: okay so I like fast passes and the concept of them... i just think that (like kevin said) there need to be entertainment and themeing in the que... DCA was able to built aroud the idea that there is a fast pass... now all they need is the themeing... but take a look at It's Tough To Be A Bug... fast pass one way and standby another and still LOTS of themeing (the best in DCA)... the idea of a fast pass is beautiful... long lines are a bad thing but for me the fast pass offers up a ride that I might not other wise have gone on... and now onward to the ideas...

Big Thunder- i think that this rides needs very little work... if anything just do the trust ol' feed them in through the exit trick... have all of the fast pass people line up before the bolder that covers the exit... then just have a CM there to feed in people... it would not interfear with the handicap line and they could utilize all of the extra space (the second line) for stand by people...

Roger Rabbit- this ride is a whole different story... there really isnt anywhere for then to feed a fast pass line... i think that this would be a ride that would need to have some constrauction... just build out from the building... just one or two line widths... have the SBL go throught the very themed part inside and put the FPL through the new consrtuction and then feed one party at a time through the exit...

Splash Mountain- this ride would have a very similar concept to Big Thunder... just feed them through the exit... and then just load one car of fast pass for every two cars of standby... it would make the line go much quicker and would eliminate the hot outside portions of the ride that the heat seems to keep pushing longer...

Buzz Lightyear- I personally hate this ride... the cars are too close together and i dont even see a reason why there should be a fast pass... this line would be fine on its own with no fast pass

Autopia- I think that autopia has a fine fast pass line... the ratio just needs to be tweeked.

Indiana Jones- This has one of the best ques I have ever seen... all the have to do is feed the fast pass through the exit and then feed them in at either the well or right before you you go up the stairs... then there is no line outside which would add to the atmosphere and everyone gets to enjoy the que..

Space Mountain- I say feed them in through the Handicapped entrace... however this ride also has another problem the interior just isnt very big... there arent very many switchbacks and the capacity would still leave people waiting outside...

okay so as you can probably tell toward the end i got a little tired so the explination isnt as good... but i think that you get the general idea...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• My Children's Father

Re: Fast Pass Revamp Idea

I've often thought they should do somethng like this to get people back into the wonderfully-themed queues and out of the walkways.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda

I've often thought they should do somethng like this to get people back into the wonderfully-themed queues and out of the walkways.
    There is a way, without making a confusing system that only an elite group knows how to master.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I hate the whole idea of fastpass and think they should get rid of it. As pointed out in the Space Mountain article, on the new Space Mountain, before July 15, fastpass was not working and the lines were around an hour, but now that they've opened the fastpass, the average line is around three hours. Fastpass is a stupid and overrated system and should be discontinued.

• Self Congratulative

I think all that they need is a better program to describe to people what fastpass really is. Most people walk in, watch someone do it, and assume it's some miracle queue program.

I think if people(who really cared about this kind of stuff) knew what they were missing, they would bypass it more, or at least change their strategy.

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

i dont think that we have an accuret measure of what fast passes has done to Space mountain... you have to realize that most people waited to scedual their visits until they knew that SM would be open... so naturally more people are there now... and with SM the only time there hasnt been a Fast Pass was when it soft opened... I on the day I wazs there at the soft opening the wait got up to 90 min... i think the only wat to really know it to turn off fast pass for a day and see what happends

not to mention that the ride keeps breaking down as well... which i would imagin adds to the wait time
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Fastpass Hater

Any way around it, the wait times went up after fast pass went up.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Would it be that bad to maybe restrict the use of FastPass on AP holders? Something like adding half an hour to the time before beig able to get another FastPass. If I was in the position to get an AP I would more than willingly give up a bit of FastPass for the admission and the parking, especially after hitting the point where entry is free.

I agree with Mr. Incredible, GET RID OF IT! Tear out the fast pass locations for Disneyland NEEDS ALL THE SPACE IT CAN GET!!!!!