Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Autopia Cars - Radiator springs

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Autopia is sponsored by Chevron and therefore, the cars they use are to fit Chevron's style of cars from their marketing. Unless Disneyland breaks from that sponsorship, there will be no Pixar Cars at Autopia.
    doesn't the sponsorship end on 2011? I cant remember.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Blog Entries

If they were to change the cars, it would be better to go towards "alternate fuels" and have 4 different types, electric, ethanol, hydrogen and, one more...

That would be more "tomorrow"

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

If they were to change the cars, it would be better to go towards "alternate fuels" and have 4 different types, electric, ethanol, hydrogen and, one more...
    the cars should run on dreams cause disney apparently has that in abundence now?

but seriously though theaming autopia to cars is a horrible idea
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    the cars should run on dreams cause disney apparently has that in abundence now?

but seriously though theaming autopia to cars is a horrible idea
    lol

"Walt Disney's Autopia; Featuring Eletric, Ethanol, Hydrogen and the newest addition, Dreams! The pixie dust emitted behind the vehicle can be used as all natural fertalizer folks!"

Why not a maglev system. If you really want to be futuristic try doing something that hasn't been seen by the masses. Ethonal is a bad us of corn, Electric cars have been around since the beginning of the car industry (so we all know them), Hydrogen is a wast of resources, it takes almost as much energy to make hydrogen as is produced, Granted not many people have actually seen a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, but people will SOON.

Magnetic Levitation on the other hand is only available on large trains as of right now. Yes it was developed back in the 60's but heck so was a lot of stuff. In 1999 the US government appropriated $1 billion (thats with a B) for development of meglev technology. A company by the name of MagneMotion won the contract to develop this technology further. I going to end my ranting now before I bore people.......

But seriously how cool would that be to have Maglev cars in autopia. It would bring back some of the WOW factor that has been missing in tomorrowland for the past______ years.

• Fancy that...

I say that they either move Autopia to Carsland and re-theme them a bit, or dedicate themselfs to making these things actualy futuristic, they can use an illusion with slanted mirrors at the bottom of the vehicle to make it look like it's hovering(ala star wars) And give it a jetsons kind of sound when they move forward(listen to the videos of HKDL's Autopia cars) then the track can have more "futuristic" stuff on the sides of the track. I'd like to see some show buildings also

so..a revamped Autopia would be nice but i'd realy like to see Autopia go away to yesterland so we can get a big attraction in that spot.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    This is a great idea. I would love to see this happen, but I'm sure it's not part of the current plans, too bad. I think it would make a better Autopia, fit with its location better, provide another family ride at DCA, open up some space at DL (Though probably not much, as much of that space has multiple uses) and potentially help bring tomorrow back to TL. I know the little ones like to drive but 100+ year old technology has nothing to do with the future. (I also identify rockets with 40-50 years ago and don't think they should represent tommorow anymore either, for those who wish to bring back the old rocket jets. Although, I also hate the astro orbitor, so I would love to see it go away and understand the sentiment.)
    I like this idea, of moving it to DCA/Cars Land, the most. Freeing up space in Disneyland is always worth millions in potential and adding more family friendly attractions to DCA is worth more than gold. Not to mention we know that building an Autopia with today's tech would be beneficial to the environment and have that fancy appeal. Just look at HKDL's new version of the ride. They even have a portion of the attraction that flies over walkways.

you all seem to forgot now that Pixar=disney disney=pixar pixar=pixar disney=disney so in mathematical terms D/P=1 or P/D=1 D/D=1 oh a sorry guys I digress.........It doesnt matter if its Buzz Lightyear, Lightning Mcqueen, Wall-e, or tron their all disney. But if i had my way Autopia would be sent to DCA think how much real estate autopia takes up so many new attractions could reside in that spot alone

There really isn't much they could build over a good chunk of autopias old tomorrowland track since it sits over the show building for the subs.

What needs to be done is to return autopia to its original length before the fantasyland autopia and tomorrowland autopia where merged.

The area used by the previous fantasyland then left for future development along with the area for the old motorboat cruise.

At the same time re-do the structure built during the last chevron re-incarnation. The structure is huge, ugly and takes up more space then needed.

Oh by the way, one of the proposals for Cars Land was to add a midget autopia for the small ones. Since Carsland has room for mroe attractions something like that might show up in the future. I know that at the moment there are two more attractions in development for that land.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There really isn't much they could build over a good chunk of autopias old tomorrowland track since it sits over the show building for the subs
    they need to find a way

• Mischievous Mouse

I think it does belong in Tomorrowland, because, in the future, all cars will talk and have eyes on the windshield.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12