Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Autopia Cars - Radiator springs

Now I'm sure people have thought about this, I'm not sure it's a good idea, the rides a classic, we've had a lot of film infiltration to DLR and DCA already, but... I'll post the question..
    should Lighting, Mater, Sally, Doc, etc. be introduced as the cars retrofitted in Autopia? I'm not sure, but it seems this would increase the attractions appeal with the kids. Even add some thematic elements from the highly successful film.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Autopia Cars - Radiator springs

Thats not a bad idea. They could always remove the Autopia from tomorrowland so that theres more room for a new attraction and put Autopia in Carsland (or whatever it's called in the end)
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It is a good idea, but I don't think it will fit very well in Tomorrowland.

• DL Nerd

no

OK I should explain....

1. No, that would not fit into tomorrowland.

2. Aren't they doing a whole Carland thing over in DCA?

Last edited by Junthor; 03-19-2008 at 07:21 AM.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• =)

The idea was discussed before the announcement of Carsland over at DCA. While doing so would certainly help give Tomorrowland more thematic unity, it would be an unfortunate step toward thematic unity as Pixarland, not Tomorrowland. And it's now pointless because the movie will have an entire land devoted to it.

• Just this guy......

You could make new show for the video screen that is shown while people are waiting in line and use the car's characters. That way you don't change the attraction too much. It would be nice to see some new video because after 5 or so years those jokes are getting fairly old.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Now I'm sure people have thought about this, I'm not sure it's a good idea, the rides a classic, we've had a lot of film infiltration to DLR and DCA already, but... I'll post the question..
    should Lighting, Mater, Sally, Doc, etc. be introduced as the cars retrofitted in Autopia? I'm not sure, but it seems this would increase the attractions appeal with the kids. Even add some thematic elements from the highly successful film.

I've thought about it and prior to the Carsland announcement thought it was a bad idea to toon up Tomorrowland even further. Especially with a film that takes place in a world where humans do not exist and takes place in the present.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• =)

I've thought about it and prior to the Carsland announcement thought it was a bad idea to toon up Tomorrowland even further. Especially with a film that takes place in a world where humans do not exist and takes place in the present.
    Exactly. To retheme Autopia to Cars would be to completely throw in the towel and say, "Hey, we know you don't care about theme. You liked the movie, so we'll add it in where it seems like a fun idea. Tomorrowland? Psshhh. It doesn't even look like the world of tomorrow right now, so it shouldn't make a difference."

• Troublemaker

I wish they had moved Autopia over to DCA in the first place -- it would have been nice to retheme those as mini-freeways instead of attempting (and failing) to make it a futuristic roadway.

Now, with Carsland, it would have been a cute idea. In fact, have it criss-cross the Cars E-Ticket track, so that the little ones that can't ride the "big ride" can still see some of the sites and setpieces of the other attraction.

But with Autopia sticking around in Tomorrowland, it shouldn't get a Cars theme. Maybe better landscaping and theming along the roads (better than Hot Rusted Nuts) though.

• "I Break Things"

Well the way I see it they already have a talking fish from Today, a toy from Today and a Show based on an inventor from Today... so why not, not like they are going to ruin the theme of Tomorrow or anything.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Well the way I see it they already have a talking fish from Today, a toy from Today and a Show based on an inventor from Today... so why not, not like they are going to ruin the theme of Tomorrow or anything.

You mean a toy built in today resembling tomorrow

But I agree, ship it to DCA, level the spot and build a new attraction

• Resident Daydreamer

IMO the last thing we need is more Pixar in Tomorrowland. To be honest, I'd just assume they level Autopia anyway, the attraction has never really resonated with me and I think it is sorely misplaced in the Tomorrowland theme (as are a few other attractions, I know).
    Your Life is an occasion, so rise up to it.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    I wish they had moved Autopia over to DCA in the first place -- it would have been nice to retheme those as mini-freeways instead of attempting (and failing) to make it a futuristic roadway.

Now, with Carsland, it would have been a cute idea. In fact, have it criss-cross the Cars E-Ticket track, so that the little ones that can't ride the "big ride" can still see some of the sites and setpieces of the other attraction.
    This is a great idea. I would love to see this happen, but I'm sure it's not part of the current plans, too bad. I think it would make a better Autopia, fit with its location better, provide another family ride at DCA, open up some space at DL (Though probably not much, as much of that space has multiple uses) and potentially help bring tomorrow back to TL. I know the little ones like to drive but 100+ year old technology has nothing to do with the future. (I also identify rockets with 40-50 years ago and don't think they should represent tommorow anymore either, for those who wish to bring back the old rocket jets. Although, I also hate the astro orbitor, so I would love to see it go away and understand the sentiment.)

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

This is a totally insane idea the cars movie has absolutley NOTHING to do with Tomorrowland and it would reinforce the whole internal combustion car issue. Autopia needs to updated with futuristic looking all electric cars with solar panels around the track powering the cars!

Nuts!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Minion

Autopia is sponsored by Chevron and therefore, the cars they use are to fit Chevron's style of cars from their marketing. Unless Disneyland breaks from that sponsorship, there will be no Pixar Cars at Autopia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast