Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Will Disneyland Ever Close?

Will Disneyland ever close its gates for good or will it go one until the apocalypse? What could possibly cause it to close?
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Will Disneyland Ever Close?

There's a Hotline you can call.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• insufferable know-it-all

Good question. The park would have to be in a decades-long decline before that would be likely. I honestly don't think DL will close for the next 100 years. Even if DisCo went bankrupt, some other company like (blech) Cedar Fair would purchase the park. It's too valuable an asset. It would literally have to acquire decades of neglect (and not getting freshened up) before the crowds would depart in significant enough numbers to make running it no longer financially feasible.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Disneyland will never close, as Walt said when he dedicated Disneyland over 50 years ago, as long as there is imagination in the world, Disneyland will never be complete (and will never close). Even if the Disney Company were to ever collapse, Disneyland will still survive, but under different management

Will Disneyland Ever Close? NO

However, I would hate to see Disneyland "Under New Management" if it were anything like the Tiki Room...Under New Management at WDW

I heard that if DisCo does go under, they were going to let this group of people called MiceChatters or something, take over as management.

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

what if something horrific happens there like a terrorist attack, or a huge accident would it just keep on going?
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• My Children's Father

The Apocalypse would certainly close it ...... I'd be curious to see what the Rapture does to attendance patterns.....

I wonder though what would happen if some natural disaster hit that wreaked unspeakable havoc on the park .......I would think that most of us (the locals anyway) would have bigger concerns in our life should such calamity as a massive earthquake, flood, etc., hit the park. Or what if a terrorist lit off a suitcase nuke at the park? It might not be safe for decades to rebuild on that site even if Disney had the wherewithal to do it.

I guess I look at it like this. Disneyland is sort of like my pension fund (CalPERS). If anything happens to them that puts them in great jeopardy, God help us all. There would be bigger things to worry about. In that respect, Disneyland is a barometer of the State of the World. As long as it is there, things are OK. Not necessarily great, but OK. So I don't worry about the doors closing.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Rock Star Minion

It can be rebuilt if anything catastrophic were to happen.

And please heed my advice, and do read the instructions on the label.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rainicorn.

Um. Never.

I think Disneyland closing would be a sign of a coming apocalypse.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

It's really tough to say if anything would ever close. I don't think Disneyland would ever close as a result of leadership. I think if something catastrophic were to happen like a fire, earthquake, or such were to happen, they would be left with little choice. With the eminent domain fiasco, a problem of lack of space may have found a new solution, but if in the future, Disneyland ever got too constricted, I wouldn't throw it past DisCo to attempt moving the assets of the park to a new location. Pulling an Elitch Gardens is very possible in Disneyland's future. Despite how horrible it seems, it isn't always such a bad thing, I suppose. But on it's own, Disneyland is an icon and an American original, I don't think anything short of the wrath of god or government could close this maiden.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zissou
    I heard that if DisCo does go under, they were going to let this group of people called MiceChatters or something, take over as management.
    I call President!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyForever
    Will Disneyland ever close its gates for good or will it go one until the apocalypse? What could possibly cause it to close?
    I don't think so, but DCA certainly won't last many more years....

• Circle of Ancients

I'm sure eventually it will close. I mean, it can't last forever.

Some day the structural integrity of older buildings will necessitate a closure. It's one of those Cirle of Life kind of things.

• Know More Than You Should

As far as parks are concerned, I think the vultures are more interested in the Universal Studios parks. The thing is, its hard to predict how the park or even the company will fare because neither have been around for very long.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast