Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Summer's Questions

New question:

1. How far is it from LAX to DL? That's a difficult questions. I'm guessing 30 to 45 minutes, but with traffic....who knows. John wayne airport is much closer. Traffic is hard to judge. I live 85 miles from DL. It takes me 1 1/2 hours to get there with light traffic....with traffic....one time it took me 4 hours.
    2. Do you have Bank of America out there? yes, but I don't think they are in the park.

1. How far is it from LAX to DL?
    Around 35 miles, but keep in mind you could very well hit heavy traffic. The freeway system around LAX and LA itself are notorious for LONG travel times during peak periods.

2. Do you have Bank of America out there?
    There's a Bank of America about a good mile and a half to 2 miles from Disneyland, north on Harbor at the cross streets of Harbor Blvd and Lincoln Ave. I tried looking online to see if there's any BoA ATMs posted closer and that's a no go.

• Hiding in the shadows

Summer, STorytellers is my favorite place for breakfast, its very tasty, you can order from with the menu or the buffet and the atmosphere is awesome. Make reservations before the park opens, and you are all fed and ready for the opening and already right next door at GCH.

A little piece of heaven

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeraine View Post

2. Do you have Bank of America out there?
    There's a Bank of America about a good mile and a half to 2 miles from Disneyland, north on Harbor at the cross streets of Harbor Blvd and Lincoln Ave. I tried looking online to see if there's any BoA ATMs posted closer and that's a no go.

Excellent, thanks! I can take a cab if necessary but it's good to know there's one so close.

Also glad to hear the positive/negative reviews of Storyteller's, we shall see what the weekend brings me. LOL

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

New Questions

1. I purchased my AP online and got the barcode print out. My question is, does my AP become effective when I get the ticket or does my year start when I purchased the pass?
    2. How does your FP differ from WDW's FP system?
    3. Is the Electrical Parade the same one we had here years ago?
    4. How much is a black out day pass going for these days?
    5. its a small world will be closed. Boooo, okay, not a question but I still wanted to see it. LOL

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    New Questions

1. I purchased my AP online and got the barcode print out. My question is, does my AP become effective when I get the ticket or does my year start when I purchased the pass? It should be effective your first visit
    2. How does your FP differ from WDW's FP system? It's exactly the same, some of the rides are not tied to the system like ROger Rabbit and GRR. Get those whenever you like.
    3. Is the Electrical Parade the same one we had here years ago? Pretty close, It's a shorter version though
    4. How much is a black out day pass going for these days? $40
    5. its a small world will be closed. Boooo, okay, not a question but I still wanted to see it. LOL It needed the TLC. I can see your frustration though.
    Have fun!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^Rock on. Thanks!

• Banned User

your flying into LAX ? SNA is much closer and very small. 10.00 for the shuttle to your motel ( just so you know

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    your flying into LAX ? SNA is much closer and very small. 10.00 for the shuttle to your motel ( just so you know
    I tried for SNA but LAX had this deal I just couldn't pass up and a friend is picking me up so other than paying him for gas, the shuttle would be more expensive. LOL

• Banned User

how much did you save going to LAX ? we will be flying into SNA. always have as I hate big air ports!

•   
    • Senior Minion

We'll have to see if we can arrange a "Welcome to CA In-N-Out" run for you out-of-towners because that's a must do!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    how much did you save going to LAX ? we will be flying into SNA. always have as I hate big air ports!
    I got $200 RT, Southwest was running a special. Compared to the $300-$500 bucks I was getting priced, I jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    We'll have to see if we can arrange a "Welcome to CA In-N-Out" run for you out-of-towners because that's a must do!
    You are like the 10th person to mention In and Out to me, it is definitely on the list!
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 04-09-2008 at 11:41 AM.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    New Questions

1. I purchased my AP online and got the barcode print out. My question is, does my AP become effective when I get the ticket or does my year start when I purchased the pass?
    2. How does your FP differ from WDW's FP system?
    3. Is the Electrical Parade the same one we had here years ago?
    4. How much is a black out day pass going for these days?
    5. its a small world will be closed. Boooo, okay, not a question but I still wanted to see it. LOL
    1. The AP becomes effective on the day it is first used. Once it is scanned at the gate you need to go to the AP processing center to have your picture taken. Once they take your picture they will issue you a real card.

2. I don't use it enough to know.

3. I would say it's close enough. There were two copies of the same parade and one was at the MK and one was at DL. Once they stopped performing they were shipped to different places. I don't know if the actual floats at DCA are the original DL ones or not. To the casual observer the answer is "yes."

4. I think it's around $35 to $40.

I would PM Darkbeer with these questions. He is as close to a DL encyclopedia as humanly possible.

Sorry to jump in so late, but I just stumbled upon this site. So much fun!! I can already tell I will be spending more time here than I probably should. I can never get enough DL. Enough of that....

Summer, I just had to chime in on the Storyteller Cafe. My husband and I just went in March for our 20th anniversary. We ate breakfast at Storyteller twice and it was fantastic. Definitely the best food we had the entire week we were there. I highly recommend it. We did not eat lunch or dinner there, so I can't speak for that. But I can also understand why someone would not want to go back if they got sick after eating a meal there.

As for Aladdin, we saw it twice. The first time we were on the lower level - we got preferred seating with our hotel room. (We stayed at Grand California). We went back the next day and were in the middle level. Either option had its advantages. Be sure and take the time to go. We have been to DL 6 times in the last 8 years and had never been. Now we can't wait to go back and take our kids.

Last but not least, we took a shuttle from LAX to the hotel. It took about an hour to get to the hotel and about and hour and a half to get back to the airport. It will all depend on traffic.

Have a great trip.
    Deedlebug

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Welcome to MiceChat Deedlebug!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast