Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Summer's Questions

Rather than start a thread for each question, I'll just create one for all of them that I have. :P

I'll be going alone in June, for the first time ever and I'm really excited.

I'll be staying at the Candy Cane Inn, which I understand is in close walking distance to the entrance and butted up against DCA. I will also have to walk everywhere, which I don't mind.

A few things...

1. What attractions have single rider lines?
    2. When should Toy Story Mania be open?
    3. Any good breakfast places within walking distance of my hotel?
    4. Has anyone eaten at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose? What was your experience like?
    5. I honestly want to try and do everything at least once, is 5 full days enough time to really see it all?
    6. Are there any good breakfast places in New Orleans Square?
    7. In reading my guides and here I've noticed that everyone says to go stand in front of Gate 13, why is this one so underused? Is it the location?
    8. Where is the secret bathroom?

That's all I have for now, I'm sure I'll add some later.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Summer's Questions

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    1. What attractions have single rider lines?
    2. When should Toy Story Mania be open?
    3. Any good breakfast places within walking distance of my hotel?
    4. Has anyone eaten at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose? What was your experience like?
    5. I honestly want to try and do everything at least once, is 5 full days enough time to really see it all?
    6. Are there any good breakfast places in New Orleans Square?
    7. In reading my guides and here I've noticed that everyone says to go stand in front of Gate 13, why is this one so underused? Is it the location?
    8. Where is the secret bathroom?

That's all I have for now, I'm sure I'll add some later.
    1) In DCA: Soarin' over California, Grizzly River Run, Mulholland Madness, Maliboomer, and California Screamin'. Just go to the attractions' respective entrances, and the CM there will direct you where to go. In DL, Splash Mountain. Just go all the way around the mountain, and back up through the exit, to the station. Mention the Single Rider line, and a CM will direct you where to go.

2) It should be open in June. The most official thing I've heard, was from an Imagineer in the video over at "laughing place".

3) IDK

4) Ditto^

5) 5 full days is most definitely enough time to do it all... multiple times. And, yes- even in June.

6) Cafe Orleans, right across the way from Pirates of the Caribbean and River Belle Terrace. Not sure on the quality at RBT since it re-opened, but they do do it there.

7) I did not know this. Hmm... interesting...

8) This will have to be sent via carrier pigeon, so as to keep the location of it a secret, from the general populous. Just kidding. Here's a recent thread about this very thing. And there are actually several secret bathrooms.

I look forward to meeting you, Summer! And I know you'll have a great time!!

As for the gate question I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you are referring to the gate used for early entry/magic mornings. Because it switches right before opening to regular gate many people don't think to wait by there so while other gates have long lines (at opening) this one won't. Won't work any time after opening on a magic morning day though.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Good Breakfast at Mimi's Cafe right across Harbor Blvd, walking distance from DLand. IHop is across the street too.

• Hello

There's a Denny's at Harbor and Orangewood.

P.S. One summer day we got to ride 13 rides, watch the parade, fireworks and got home at 9:05

• no flash photography...

1. What attractions have single rider lines? I'm not sure
    2. When should Toy Story Mania be open? summer if 2008
    3. Any good breakfast places within walking distance of my hotel? I like the le brea bakery for breakfast...oh and there's mc donalds.
    4. Has anyone eaten at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose? What was your experience like? no, but I've gotten very sick from eating at storyteller two out of the three times I've eaten there.
    5. I honestly want to try and do everything at least once, is 5 full days enough time to really see it all? yes, two to three days would be enough time.
    6. Are there any good breakfast places in New Orleans Square? no
    7. In reading my guides and here I've noticed that everyone says to go stand in front of Gate 13, why is this one so underused? Is it the location? I've never heard that.
    8. Where is the secret bathroom? I think near the plaza place, right by frontierland. I have no need to use it and no desire to seek it out.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Thanks for replies!

Good to know I have many food options. I've read good things about Mimi's, so I will definitely go there at least once.

Mcdonalds and my stomach don't like each other very much, so I avoid it. LOL

Good to know about the Storyteller's Cafe, I'm sorry to hear you had bad experiences there Scubabe.

I'm hoping they will be doing soft openings for TSM anyway, here's hoping.

A few more questions.

1. Is Nemo still as busy? Is there certain times of day to hit it that work better than others? Has the appeal died down at all?
    2. Is your Autopia on a track?
    3. Is the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail just a glorified kiddie play area?
    4. How jarring is the movable cars on the Sun Wheel?
    5. Any special place I should sit for the Aladdin show?

• Hello

1.)Best times to go on Nemo: during parade, during fireworks, and midday when it is 80˚F in the sun.
    2.)Yes Autopia is on a track.
    3.)Pretty much.
    4.)Never been on it.
    5.)Don't have the slightest clue

A few more questions.

1. Is Nemo still as busy? Is there certain times of day to hit it that work better than others? Has the appeal died down at all? The lines always look long to me. i wouldn't wait nay longer than 15 minutes for it and the lines look more like 60 minutes or so.
    2. Is your Autopia on a track? not on a track, but it had a guide rail down the middle so you can't drive off the track.
    3. Is the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail just a glorified kiddie play area? glorified kiddie area, but it is kind of fun.
    4. How jarring is the movable cars on the Sun Wheel? not jarring at all, the swing really smooth.
    5. Any special place I should sit for the Aladdin show? which aladin...the one in adventureland I have never seen. I've heard up in the balcony is the best place for the aladin play in DCA.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Not jarring, but there is a reason for the barf bags.
    I've never had a bad seat at Aladdin (DCA).

1. Is Nemo still as busy? Is there certain times of day to hit it that work better than others? Has the appeal died down at all?
    I'd say do this right off the bat as the park opens. It's more or less a mute point to try for a short line once the park starts getting busy. It's always had a longer wait then Space Mountain since it opened.
    (points to SCUBAbe's post above) Rail down the middle, pretty much can do the whole ride without touching the steering wheel though that would be a bit rough.
    Again, SCUBAbe said it best.
    I personally haven't gone on it since the preview day at DCA and I don't remember enough, so again I'll (makes third reference to SCUBAbe's wonderful post for an already answered question)
    I saw this once and got there early enough to sit in the orchestra section. There's a parade (after Geanie makes Aladdin a prince) and it goes through the isles on the ground level. It was kind of cool to be that close.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

1) Hmm... Nemo... I've been on it a couple times, once during CM previews, and once first thing in the morning, which had a 90 minute wait. There is always the Marine Observation Outpost (for the claustrophobic, handicapped, or those who don't want to wait in the long line... like me and my friends ), if you so decide. It looks like a dive locker room, with a couple benches, and you watch the ride (pre-recorded) on a nice, big Plasma TV.

2) Answered sufficiently already.

3)Yeah, but worth a look at... sort of.

4) Not jarring at all. I think it's GREAT fun!! There are no seatbelts, so be advised of that. You will feel like you're going to fall out of your seat, but won't. If that sounds like too much to you, then just go with the non-swinging cars, which always have a MUCH shorter line. And for those, you need to go through the exit. Go figure.

5) Never done the one in DL, but we did the DCA show once (must do again!!!). We sat on the bottom level, under the upper level (you'll see what I mean, esp. if we can find some pictures of the theater). We had a great view of the show, save for not really being able to see most of the flying carpet part. I guess one level up would be good, then. Not completely sure, though.

Pardon my ramblings...

Thanks for replies!

3) Kinda, but surprisingly fun. The show is pretty cute and the whole area is done rather nicely. If you are into nature there is a bit of informative stuff around the "trail". Plus its a rather shaded area.

4) Too chicken to try them =) But the up-side is that I have never waited more than literally one minute whereas the other side can get well up in time.

5) Just a note - it depends on what time you arrive for which section you sit in. You wait outside in lines directed toward specific sections. I've only sat in orchestra level and thought it was great. But it looks like they all pretty much would be! But one note: if you are going to the upper levels there is a lot of steps to climb.

Oh and one more thing - I have to completely disagree with the storytellers comment. In my experience it has been great and it's one of our favorite places for breakfast. I'm surprised to hear that another member got sick afterward - its disconcerting - but I'll still return!

Quote Originally Posted by angeladlr View Post
    Oh and one more thing - I have to completely disagree with the storytellers comment. In my experience it has been great and it's one of our favorite places for breakfast. I'm surprised to hear that another member got sick afterward - its disconcerting - but I'll still return!
    I didn't get sick from breakfast...although the stuffed french toast was nothing special and not tasty at all. I got sick twice off the pizzas they have on then lunch dinner menu. The pizzas tasted really good, but I was very sick after eating them. We have not been back after the last episode.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Excellent! Thanks so much for the replies, you are all so helpful.

Good to know about the upstairs portion of the Aladdin show, stairs and my knees aren't friendly. I can go up a few but a large amount and they start to creak. LOL

Autopia sounds like a cooler version of our Speedway, got it.

New question:

1. How far is it from LAX to DL?
    2. Do you have Bank of America out there?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast