Let me start by saying that I usually go to Disneyland for a week in July each year with my wife; so we already have a trip planned this summer. This year we are going to bring our 2 year old for his first DL visit.

That said I am going to a conference in San Diego in late April and my wife is coming along and we can head up to DL the day before the conference starts. So we are only planning on going for one day. A kind of last trip for the both of us before we bring the boy.

It just so happens that the day we are going is during the California Food and Wine Fest. We weren't planning on going to DCA at all, and were just going to wait until July to experience the DCA attractions. Also I should note that we went to WDW in January and so we recently experienced Soarin, Muppets and ITTBAB so some of the attractions at DCA aren't a must do right now.

My question is this: Would it be worth it to spend the extra money to buy a 1 Day Park Hopper to experience the California Food and Wine Fest? We have been to a few special events in the past, but nothing major, and we usually don't plan trips around special events, so are the seminars that good, and will it take up the entire day?

Thanks in advance.