Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Disneyland Custodial Slipping?

You know one of the most amazing parts of Disneyland is how clean it is. When you visit other amusement parks you really notice just how clean Disneyland is. It's likely that they might miss something like this picture, which is why I noticed it when I parked my car but didn't think much of it. After about 5 hours in the park having fun with my family I returned to my car. And it was still there! After 5 hours. And the two trash cans closest to this one were starting to look the same! This is a lot of trash, and probably has been neglected for a long time.

Is Disney slipping or is this just a one time thing? What do you think?

Re: Is Disneyland Custodial Slipping?

I was in the park last week myself and felt that custodial was doing a good job. This was obviously a gross oversight--but all in all I think that the park is still the cleanliest place on earth.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

It seems such a transient, temporary condition, that litter in the park doesn't ever bother me.

• =)

It's a freaking parking structure. Cleanliness in the park--where it matters--is overall very good.

• Minion

I saw the same thing on Mickey level this past Wed at 11:30. I thought, "Yikes!", but then totally forgot about it. Maybe Custodial did the same thing! lol
    I want my cake back!

• Imaginative Possibilities

There could be a number of reasons as to why that trash can was over filled. Disneyland Custodial has always done an outstanding job in and around the parks. They are not slipping... if it bothered you that much, you could have simply reported it to a cast member... Its not your responsibility of course, but if your willing to take time to post on the internet about it, you could have taken time to do something about it.
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Tell a Cast Member. They'll get it taken care of.

• Special Agent

They need to eliminate the Annual Passes. That way you won't have so many people eating lunch at In N Out before getting into the parks for fireworks and fantasmic.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

The parking structure has never been known for it's cleanliness. The problem is twofold in the stucture...1) They don't have near enough trashcans placed throughout the sturcture, and 2) I suspect they only dump them at the end of each day, so by afternoon, they're overflowing.

As for the park, I think it's still taken care of wonderfully, except on busy week(ends) when the slobs people way outnumber the custodial staff.

Easy tiger! This is a discussion board, not a bombing range.

• "I Break Things"

Is it a question of the parks getting dirtier or the Guests being lazy and not putting it in a trashcan that has less trash. I've seen so many examples of this... where one trashcan is overflowing and another one 5ft away is completely empty. Instead of walking that extra 5ft people just place more trash in the overflowing can... as if the extra 5ft of walking would be asking too much.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Mischievous Mouse

Yeah, I've always been "over" impressed by the parks cleanliness.

May I remind you...

"When I started on Disneyland, my wife used to say, 'But why do you want to build an amusement park? They're so dirty.' I told her that was just the point--mine wouldn't be." ~Walt Disney

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Is it a question of the parks getting dirtier or the Guests being lazy and not putting it in a trashcan that has less trash. I've seen so many examples of this... where one trashcan is overflowing and another one 5ft away is completely empty. Instead of walking that extra 5ft people just place more trash in the overflowing can... as if the extra 5ft of walking would be asking too much.
    In all fairness, as a guest I'd like to be able to put my trash in the nearest garbage can. In the case of Disneyland, where trash cans are EVERYWHERE I could, however, walk my lazy American butt to a not as full trashcan so... who knows. I mean really the trash should have been emptied. I'd expect that anywhere.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    In all fairness, as a guest I'd like to be able to put my trash in the nearest garbage can. In the case of Disneyland, where trash cans are EVERYWHERE I could, however, walk my lazy American butt to a not as full trashcan so... who knows. I mean really the trash should have been emptied. I'd expect that anywhere.
    This is a very good point. It is a two way street. A lot of lazy people had to contribute to this. This can was about 3/4 of the way down the parking structure from the elevators. Which means there is about 10 or more cans you will pass before you get to the tram stop. Very lazy indeed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    They need to eliminate the Annual Passes. That way you won't have so many people eating lunch at In N Out before getting into the parks for fireworks and fantasmic.
    NOT ALL AP'ERS ARE DISRESPECTFUL, SLOPPY, CARELESS, RECKLESS, ****HEADS.
    UNLIKE THE ONES YOU STEREOTYPE, I ACTUALLY USE THE TRASHCAN FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR ((((( SLAPS FOREHEAD))))): PUTTING TRASH IN IT

now for my question: you assume that it was an annual passholder that did the misdeed. wheres your proof?????

I am an ap holder and I am a christian, very nice person, who does not demand special attention or perks, I am very considerate of cms and other guests, public property,private property, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast