Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disney Night Owl

Re: Photo Update 3/21: Spring is here, so are the crowds, and more night shots

Oh wow, I knew it would be crowded but seeing the first comparison shots...just wow! Thanks for sharing all those terrific pictures. My brother was there yesterday but I think he still managed to have himself a good time. It makes me happy to see the park so busy and full of life, but I would rather go when it isn't as packed...as I'm sure that's the case with almost everyone too.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Beautiful pics and just love those panoramic shots! More, more!

• Golden State of Mind

very nice pictures
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• dream out loud

you know I went the first two sundays in march and likewise, i couldn't believe how crowded it was - and it just got busier as the day went on - I mean, it was SUNDAY - don't you people have to work tomorrow? I expected a few more people, but the lines in the esplande were unbelievable.

Anyway, to MacDaddy - definitely some great pictures. And you already know what I think of your avatar. The ROA picture was among my favorites as well as the one quoted by a previoius post of the flowerbeds, partners, and matterhorn. I also really liked the first pic as well where splash mountain looked to be coming right down on the pirates. That was a neat effect and one I wasn't aware could be achieved.

I'm glad D-land is popular, but, whoa...it would be all right if maybe it were a little less so...

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

The panoramics are great fun, and as always, I enjoy your threads so much.

Thanks!
    Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Part II (In which Mac Daddy tries out his new inexpensive lens on night shots)

I hope you won't mind, but I thought I'd post some shots from a couple weeks ago. I was attending a conference at the Hyatt and I had 2 hours to kill until my next meeting and my camera was in the car with my new lens and....

What to do? :

So off I went to test out my new lens. On the way in I passed Tinkerbell. I now have to admit that she DOES look rather psychotic:

Then it was off to try some different things with the lens.

The sun was setting in Critter Country...

and the lights began to glow across NOS and Frontierland...

The torches were lit by the canoes...

And the Mark Twain's lights burned brightly on it's last trip around the island.

I like that last shot as it seems each person is lost in a different thought. You have the dad pointing things out to his daughter, the older couple gazing silently at the dock, and people from all over the world, each enjoying the evening with a trip up the ROA.....

*Meaningful pause*

Then it was off to Fantasyland for a few shots of the castle...

"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning..."

She's even creepier at night...

Then it was off to the Parade of Dreams. I think it's very cool that the clock above the train station....

Is the clock above the train station that Tinkerbell rides in front of. (And this Tinkerbell looks considerably less psychotic than the one out in front.)

(More POD night shots coming up. I'll try to post them here tomorrow.)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 03-22-2008 at 10:22 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    The panoramics are great fun, and as always, I enjoy your threads so much.

Thanks!
    Lu
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    You shots are too good, MacDaddy

Good to see you back with more photos. I always love your updates.
    ^^ I completely agree! I always love your photo updates. It's awesome that you have a new lens. You've put it to excellent use and have some truly, truly wonderful shots. How does the Sigma compare to your Nikon 18-200 lens?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Nice photos. Love the experimental shots you are taking.
    (I'm still having trouble recognizing your new screen name )
    ^^ What she said. I think I'm just now getting used to your new screen name.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

I think all of your pictures you have posted are nice, and I really enjoy your point of view, but I just had to comment on this one.

The EXIF says the shutter speed was 1/40th. 1/40th??? 1/40th!!! You totally rock! And I had NO idea the ISO was 3200. The shot looks way too clear. And blur??? What blur? Very, very nice shot.

I took pictures of the 6:30 POD today and even with a shutter speed of 1/125 most of the pictures are blurry, and they are wide angle even.

Again, nice job.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Actually that second Tinkerbell looks even more psychotic to me

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    ^^ I completely agree! I always love your photo updates. It's awesome that you have a new lens. You've put it to excellent use and have some truly, truly wonderful shots. How does the Sigma compare to your Nikon 18-200 lens?

^^ What she said. I think I'm just now getting used to your new screen name.
    Thanks Armadillo. The Sigma lens that I bought was relatively inexpensive, but considering it was a 70-300mm zoom with macro for 80 bucks, it was hard to look the other way. The build is nowhere NEAR that of a Nikkor lens, but after taking a few macro flower shots (coming up), it seems like a great lens for the money. In terms of sharpness and clarity, it's no contest as the Nikkor 18-200 has Vibration Reduction and has done very well for me, even when I shoot at 200. The Sigma, on the other hand, can get a bit fuzzy and does better with a tripod at 300. I bought the Sigma mostly for the macro, and so far I'm pleased with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    I think all of your pictures you have posted are nice, and I really enjoy your point of view, but I just had to comment on this one.

The EXIF says the shutter speed was 1/40th. 1/40th??? 1/40th!!! You totally rock! And I had NO idea the ISO was 3200. The shot looks way too clear. And blur??? What blur? Very, very nice shot.

I took pictures of the 6:30 POD today and even with a shutter speed of 1/125 most of the pictures are blurry, and they are wide angle even.

Again, nice job.
    Thanks Matt. I would like to take credit for putting myself into a Jedi like trance, but in all honesty...

a) I was leaning against a street light, and

b) when I use photoshop to resize my shots, I generally use the "Bicubic Sharper" option which tightens up the shot as I reduce it. As for the 200 or so other shots that were TOTALLY blurry, well...I'm not showing those.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part III - Parade of Dreams

Continuing from Part II above, these were shot a few weeks ago while I was between sessions at a conference. I felt like a dork wearing a tie, but what the heck. I've always wanted to try some night shots of the Parade, but usually haven't been in the park with my camera when it's been running after dark.

So here goes...

I don't know where they found this Belle, but I think she's stunning.

And Ariel isn't too bad either. :

I know this last one is a mess, but I was trying to get a shot from the Train Station steps, down Mainstreet and juxtapose the parade castle in front of the real one. Maybe next time...after I learn a thing or two about focal length and get a more expensive lens.

(More to come...)

•   

I don't know where they found this Belle...
    ...a poor provincial town in France?

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I am just sitting real drooling over the kind of pictures you get with your camera and lenses. Sigh.

I love the Rhino in the parade. He is my favorite and I love to watch him during the show stop. At the part in the parade where he stomps his foot in time to the beat of the music - I love to hear everyone in the crowd laugh with enjoyment. I also enjoy watching him interact with the audience while waiting for the parade to start up.

We were there that day, it was crazy all the people don't think we will go again on SB!

One of the cool things about taking these telephoto shots is how the background appears larger. I like how SM looks like it's right on top of TSI...

Not sure if this lady has a name....anyone know?

The Splash pic explodes my mind.

And her name is Columbia.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast